Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Yes, in case you were wondering, it is illegal to hunt within city limts.
20211121_162715.jpg
20211121_162705.jpg

"Self defense" might be in order. Looks like he is about to make an unlawful entry into your backyard. ;)

I get deer in my backyard. It's just fun to set and watch them.

Your deer are much more impressive than mine. What a buck.

We bumped this fella about a week ago when I was walking my dog in that green space behind us. He gave chase and came back about 30 minutes later. Poor guy spent the next two days nursing a nasty bruise on his nose and other sore spots lol.

I wouldn't take that buck. Too damn big to lift over the fence. :cool:

Had these two guys in our backyard chasing does for a few days. Picture taken a couple of weeks ago. Not the like the incredible specimen you have in Ontario, but this is pretty average for Northern Virginia. Apologies for the blurry cell phone photo.
1637531207898.png

Pheroze, depending on how close your neighbors live, cross bows are quiet. But I do share your consternation. Several years ago I had a 14 point buck chase a young doe through my backyard. The cops where I live turned down my offer to organize a bow hunt for for Grosse Ile residents only. By DNR count we have over 700 deer living on the island. The local police force now culls them with a silenced 223.

Pheroze, depending on how close your neighbors live, cross bows are quiet. But I do share your consternation. Several years ago I had a 14 point buck chase a young doe through my backyard. The cops where I live turned down my offer to organize a bow hunt for for Grosse Ile residents only. By DNR count we have over 700 deer living on the island. The local police force now culls them with a silenced 223.
Why not let hunters do the job and make some money off of it while they are at it?

Stupid politics that instead chooses to spend money hiring "professionals".

That’s a bruiser @Pheroze!!
Maybe get a permission for bow hunting? ;)
The local tribe, Haudenosaunee, hunt the conservation land near me. But, we are not allowed.

Great to see such a nice buck in your back yard.

Looks like that buck is in a special regulations area, yours.
e-laugh.gif

You never hear much about deer in Ontario. Usually moose or black bear. Let those genetics spread rampant!
And then sneak him with a bow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg