A view from my back door...

Urban hunting, they like sunflower seeds I throw out for the birds and squirrels. Feed all summer and disappear in September the start of archery season. Have had tracks up to deck steps. I keep the feed in two metal trash cans so them may have picked up the scent.

PICT0088.JPG
PICT0142.JPG

You never hear much about deer in Ontario. Usually moose or black bear. Let those genetics spread rampant!
And then sneak him with a bow
I think Ontario does have good genetics. This is from my trail camera up near Thunder Bay. He is still there btw
Screenshot_20211122-074234_SPYPOINT.jpg

Ontario has some dandy bucks taken every year, lots of different areas to choose from as well
These 5 were taken close to my place
These five racks gross 995 inches, from top to bottom, my 192, 209, 218, 190 and 186
Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 12.12.42 PM.png

Ontario has some dandy bucks taken every year, lots of different areas to choose from as well
These five racks gross 995 inches, from top to bottom, my 192, 209, 218, 190 and 186
View attachment 437660
What part of Ontario is that? From my short stints visiting, I assumed the Kawartha area would have great deer hunting with all the crop and abundance of acorns. But my friends from Ontario that hunt, never really mention deer, it’s the moose hunt that always concerned them.

What part of Ontario is that? From my short stints visiting, I assumed the Kawartha area would have great deer hunting with all the crop and abundance of acorns. But my friends from Ontario that hunt, never really mention deer, it’s the moose hunt that always concerned them.
Thats up in North West Ontario, about 2 hours east of Winnipeg. Lived up in the Kawarthas years back in Fenelon Falls, that deer herd has exploded compared to when i lived there. Used to be a lottery to hunt the 5 day shotgun season. Shot my first and second deer there

Thats up in North West Ontario, about 2 hours east of Winnipeg. Lived up in the Kawarthas years back in Fenelon Falls, that deer herd has exploded compared to when i lived there. Used to be a lottery to hunt the 5 day shotgun season. Shot my first and second deer there
Kawarthas is a lovely area, I’d move there in a heartbeat if I could! I hear your neck of the woods is absolute gods country, but I’ve yet to make it to Northern Ontario.

heck of a buck there

I wouldn't take that buck. Too damn big to lift over the fence. :cool:
@BeeMaa
You could always get your darling wife to help you, but by the time you chose the right barrel for the blaser and assembled it it would have died of old age any hoo.
Bob

You never hear much about deer in Ontario. Usually moose or black bear. Let those genetics spread rampant!
And then sneak him with a bow
@Aaron N
I wonder If'n @BeeMaa could get a crossnow accessory for his Blaser to make it quieter than his 375H&H
Bob

If you temporarily "identified" as first nation would that be enough? Non-binary ethnicity - today I feel like I'm a.....
That sounds like Elizabeth Warren when she was running for president.

If that buck teleported to my backyard. He wouldn’t make it 5 seconds cause my z7 would eat. Second thought….Actually I wouldnt chance it. 30-06 to the chest and wake the neighbors would be in order. Lol.

Yes, in case you were wondering, it is illegal to hunt within city limts.View attachment 437492View attachment 437491

I don't live in the city limits :cool:

20211010_113226.jpg

This is about 100' from the back door. Muzzleloader, neck shot at 60 yards off sticks. He was bedded under a tree less than 100 yards from the house. I was dragging him home when it occurred to me I should take a picture.

View attachment 437660
Those are some absolute toads, if I had one of those in my yard I don't think I'd be able to resist regardless of city ordinances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you