AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Asia/M.East
Here is a good example of what can happen when your trophies are not cared for properly prepared and correctly salted. Bug eaten and slipped hair and dermis loss.
We repair many a trophy that skinners and salters didn't prep well and or dip pack went south or spend to much time on the ground in Africa. All skin should be shipped in 3-4 months to help insure this doesn't happen.
All skins can be shipped out of Africa after a government mandated 90 day waiting period.
You would loose this trophy with many less qualified Taxidermist... These capes were what we where given from the tannery for one of our clients safari. , Most Taxidermist call the client and say "Your hunt of a lifetime is ruined because of your capes and you need to get new capes....We can't mount these for you... call your PH and have him send replacement capes". Which in fact is not going to happen. He would have to pay the government for the trophy fee on the replacement animal and the dip pack and the shipping. WE VALUE your memories because we as hunters KNOW what they men to you...The below pictures are the mounts that mounted from capes we received and the mounts our client got . They are the same Impalas..We have the skills and knowledge of 43 years working on African game to handle any repair.

16168_10202944085634979_2018185264498722304_n_zpsae27eaad.jpg
64744_10202944084634954_3477924804231027987_n_zps817fd645.jpg
DSCN2503_zpsd395eed1.jpg

One impala was in good shape the other 2 were the ones in the pictures above this pic.. Client now has three GOOD memories of his Triple Impala safari...

Last edited by a moderator:
Things nightmares are made of.

Brick , this is not uncommon. We save trophies every week that no one knows about. Neither the PH , Outfitter, Dip Pack or the Client.
This is all done with no congratulations needed or expected that we saved a trophy. That's out job. No excuses.
The life a good taxidermist is to make the nightmares go away. And make all the memories of hunting happy ones..

In my last post I said no wards......now I say one ward......Magic....!!!!!

Awesome stuff Dennis. I will try and give you a call later in the year after my season is done, which will be around 1 December. Would just like to get some company details from you, so that we can recommend you to anyone who wishes to have their animals mounted in the USA.
Keep up the good work.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Nice work Dennis. I know this is a great fear of mine and many others that spend too much money chasing hunting dreams abroad. Glad to see you were able to save this persons dream trophies.

Dennis that's impressive!!!

Dennis,

Can you post your usual close ups? I think that would be even more impressive! I want to see if you can even tell upon close inspection.

Dont take this wrong, what is shown is certainly impressive!

Royal, I can't these are gone to client, They are nice not perfect in any way. they are saved to be able to have on your walls and have your memories I will zoom them for you here.....to see....
They are nice and real good but Not Perfect but as perfect as the skins let me do. Yes your going to see some things on close inspection but not from 5 feet away on your walls. Good I am but that word has two o's in it not one.....LOL

The 2 on the right are the ones that are repaired a lot. those are the ones in the pictures, the ones with the dark marking down the nose. The other one, the one on the left, has issues also but I didn't get the quick camera phone shot before we started the repairs and airbrush finishing.

DSCN2503_zps94f050c7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis, I love all of your work, but these show what a true artist you are.

I can see a lot more detail in the last picture, and wow.... Your idea of "not perfect" is amazing! :)

Great work Dennis, it is unbelievable how you fix the mess others caused.

The only advice I can give the PH and Outfitter is, stop sitting in the bar having a good time with your client and go check on the skinning job!!!!!! There will be plenty of time once the skinning is done.

Dennis, They may not be perfect, your usual standard result, but in comparison to being thrown out they are awesome.

Well said Dennis..

Dennis your work is always outstanding.

Dennis, outstanding work! Please check your in-box, I sent you an IM. Thanks.

Great job Dennis,Love your work. John

Just amazing how you could create those from what you received.

Very nice job!

Royal, I can't these are gone to client, They are nice not perfect in any way. they are saved to be able to have on your walls and have your memories I will zoom them for you here.....to see....

Dennis I think your nice is other Taxidermists perfect!

Great work there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois