Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
safari club,nra,d.s.c.
Hunted
south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.
as usual,great work.

James Cook

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, NRA Life, B.A.S.S., Ducks Unlimted
Hunted
Namibia, Mexico, Argentina, Canada, U.S. - LA, TX, OK, AR, AL, SC, GA, KS
impressive!

Rick Cox

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
Three months ago I was told by my taxidermist in Namibia, that everything was finished and they would crate and ship as soon as I paid up., which I did within 24 hours. After a month or so with no word I emailed them to ask "How's it going?" To which I got the reply all was well, they were finished the kudu and almost ready to start the Oryx, and the hides were still in production. I asked them to explain the part of their last letter which stated they were "done and ready to ship". They explained that it was a 'form letter' they send out when getting close to completion of an order. They further explained that one of their taxidermists had been ill, and a public holiday had slowed things down. Time goes on... last week (3 months after paying in full) I emailed again. No answer. Getting frustrated I contacted my PH who early on had adamantly informed me that he wanted to ensure my complete satisfaction with anything related to my hunting experience. I had not wanted to bother him, he is my only contact in Namibia.
He assured me he was going to Windhoek at the end of last week, and would check in on the taxidermist.
I imagine this will all work out. But it is frustrating to pay out money, and have trouble getting so much as a quick email reply that says 'all is well, and things are progressing a bit slower than usual.'

Last edited:

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Three months ago I was told by my taxidermist in Namibia, that everything was finished and they would crate and ship as soon as I paid up., which I did within 24 hours. After a month or so with no word I emailed them to ask "How's it going?" To which I got the reply all was well, they were finished the kudu and almost ready to start the Oryx, and the hides were still in production. I asked them to explain the part of their last letter which stated they were "done and ready to ship". They explained that it was a 'form letter' they send out when getting close to completion of an order. They further explained that one of their taxidermists had been ill, and a public holiday had slowed things down. Time goes on... last week (3 months after paying in full) I emailed again. No answer. Getting frustrated I contacted my PH who early on had adamantly informed me that he wanted to ensure my complete satisfaction with anything related to my hunting experience. I had not wanted to bother him, he is my only contact in Namibia.
He assured me he was going to Windhoek at the end of last week, and would check in on the taxidermist.
I imagine this will all work out. But it is frustrating to pay out money, and have trouble getting so much as a quick email reply that says 'all is well, and things are progressing a bit slower than usual.'
I'm really sorry to hear that and I do hope everything works out. This is the reason I am a lifelong SSIclient. They insure that that never happens and one thing I have learned is I never pay the balance until there is proof they are done and Rosella tells me to. The $$$ is the only true leverage you have to make sure they do what they are supposed to when they are supposed to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Cox

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
I'm really sorry to hear that and I do hope everything works out. This is the reason I am a lifelong SSI client. They insure that that never happens and one thing I have learned is I never pay the balance until there is proof they are done and Rosella tells me to. The $$$ is the only true leverage you have to make sure they do what they are supposed to when they are supposed to.
I will check these guys out...

Last edited by a moderator:

akeate

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
USA (Wyoming, Utah, Texas, Idaho), South Africa
Rosella is amazing. I don't even worry till she says pay and then send the money. They really are worth it.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Ditto on SSI. I m using them again for my safari this year.

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
I'm really sorry to hear that and I do hope everything works out. This is the reason I am a lifelong SSIclient. They insure that that never happens and one thing I have learned is I never pay the balance until there is proof they are done and Rosella tells me to. The $$$ is the only true leverage you have to make sure they do what they are supposed to when they are supposed to.

Gizmo,
Amen to SSI. I've used them for my last 2 hunts and are working with them on my next one. I don't have to even think about anything. They handle it all and notify me when I have to know what's happening. Another reason I use Karoo Taxidermy in RSA (per SSI recommendation) to dip and pack all my trophies. I have 15 head and absolutely no problems. I use Animal Artistry in Reno, NV for my final work and they are very satisfied with Karoo's work. No problems with the condition of hides and horns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucileCasn

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.