A game Christmas feast

This is the recipe I'm going to try. Its basically a sausage and bacon wrapped hot pepper, stuffed with cheese and smoked. They're big in Texas.

I can't wait for Christmas, going to try armadillo eggs this weekend.

This is the recipe I'm going to try. Its basically a sausage and bacon wrapped hot pepper, stuffed with cheese and smoked. They're big in Texas.

We had a braai here last week and made a version of Armadillo Eggs, they were delicious.

What of canapes? On our hunt we had 'Zimbabwe calmari' the one evening - buffalo balls cut into rings, crumbed and deep fried with a chilli sauce dip. It was really good. If I get a chance to get out will also do dove breast with a date, wrapped up in bacon, like angels on horseback. Bream cubes fried in butter with a lemon tartare dipping sauce on the side is always a winner too.

Well, it always sounds like a lot of fun at Kevin's place. But I would pass on fish or cigars.
In Australia I think the following might be traditional

A table set with lollies and Bon Bons

Prawn cocktail
A selection of roast meat 2-3. Beef, Lamb, Pork or Turkey,
Some Ham on the side. (I like my pork proccessed)
Roast veg, potato, carrot, parsnip, Gravy
Tin beans or peas.

Pudding and Hot fresh Custard for dessert , or other desert.

Might not be that much selection at my house but the kids will be home and I have roast lamb, chicken and Ham and veg etc, steamed broccoli

Lollies, beer and wine.

My mum will make custard if I want it, always better when mum makes it

We won't be going without.

Might be some Yabbies, freshwater Crayfish , as long as a large prawn but sometimes seasonal cooked in salted water Many get excited by the nice change.

Well, it always sounds like a lot of fun at Kevin's place. But I would pass on fish or cigars.
In Australia I think the following might be traditional

A table set with lollies and Bon Bons

Prawn cocktail
A selection of roast meat 2-3. Beef, Lamb, Pork or Turkey,
Some Ham on the side. (I like my pork proccessed)
Roast veg, potato, carrot, parsnip, Gravy
Tin beans or peas.

Pudding and Hot fresh Custard for dessert , or other desert.

Might not be that much selection at my house but the kids will be home and I have roast lamb, chicken and Ham and veg etc, steamed broccoli

Lollies, beer and wine.

My mum will make custard if I want it, always better when mum makes it

We won't be going without.

Might be some Yabbies, freshwater Crayfish , as long as a large prawn but sometimes seasonal cooked in salted water Many get excited by the nice change.
I love yabbies, you could get them here for a while but they seem to have died out in Lake Kariba.

1639652490488.png

I love yabbies, you could get them here for a while but they seem to have died out in Lake Kariba.

Shit loads in the lower kafue...and been told been seen even up from us...but not 100 pcnt on that.. @PeteG knows more about them

What of canapes? On our hunt we had 'Zimbabwe calmari' the one evening - buffalo balls cut into rings, crumbed and deep fried with a chilli sauce dip. It was really good. If I get a chance to get out will also do dove breast with a date, wrapped up in bacon, like angels on horseback. Bream cubes fried in butter with a lemon tartare dipping sauce on the side is always a winner too.
I have never had it, but id sure try it.

I need to figure out what I'm doing with this massive bison heart. My father in law dropped it off after a hunt in Montana.

12345.jpg

According to my wife:
Ham rice
Crock pot macaroni
Pot roast
Green bean casserole
Sweet potato pie
Dressing
Pecan pie
Deviled eggs
Mashed potatoes
Rolls
Pretzel dessert
Ham
Black eye peas
Collards

me: I just hope to shoot a few ducks to marinate on Saturday.

Will have moose steak one of the Christmas days..accompanied with a bottle of Ch. Lafite-Tramier 2010..

@spike.t , I could go a cheese platter.

@revturbo9967 ahh, you won't like my suggestion I don't enjoy offal.
Good luck with it, I hope it bakes up nicely.

Don't see much in the way on a nice cheese board....so am holding on at moment to decide who I am gate crashing ....:A Banana::E Rofl::A Banana:
You can come to me, but you have to have arrived in a series 1 Landy.

Sadly we are having the same old Christmas dinner…Alaska king crab legs. Ridiculously expensive this year, but it’s only once a year.

Everyone’s menus look so good and they would all be unusual in my household. Hope you all overeat!

Sadly we are having the same old Christmas dinner…Alaska king crab legs. Ridiculously expensive this year, but it’s only once a year.

Everyone’s menus look so good and they would all be unusual in my household. Hope you all overeat!
Try sourcing them in Australia.
My wife is mad for them. She says they are very meaty makes it worth peeling

If you ever get to the northeast you need to stop by this place. All you can eat lobster, crab legs, steak, you name it
https://thenordic.com/index.htm#Home

You guys are killing me, I’m starving now, the way it’s been going this year I’m thinking bread and water, maybe ramen noodles on the side.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you