A game Christmas feast

A primer:

Charcuterie board with roasted chestnuts
4D70264F-9E0D-4246-8A04-DDF8207C154F.jpeg

3809223E-6941-4EC6-90CD-F631C9E77679.jpeg

Merry Christmas to Kevin and all my AH Brethren.
Great menu you got there Kevin and can I assume that when you say the table is set with "crackers" that you mean those great party favors that burst with a pop and confetti? Terribly British old boy!

OK looking good...but need to know what are the other islands of delight are....how do I declare the winner tomorrow otherwise?....:E Hmmm::E Big Grin::D Beers::D Drunk:
Oh jeez…

Truffle Salami
Truffle Pecorino
Fromager D’Affinois
Espresso Bellavitano
Cranberry & Orange Goat Cheese
Caveman Blue Cheese (weird name, good flavor)
Pickapeppa pecans (It’s a Jamaican sauce & they are roasted)
and then dates, almonds and crackers…

Oh jeez…

Truffle Salami
Truffle Pecorino
Fromager D’Affinois
Espresso Bellavitano
Cranberry & Orange Goat Cheese
Caveman Blue Cheese (weird name, good flavor)
Pickapeppa pecans (It’s a Jamaican sauce & they are roasted)
and then dates, almonds and crackers…
Sounds good...but need to know caveman blue cheese :A Banana: ....and main course..?...don't disappoint after that little snackette :E Celebrate::A Thumbs Up:

Having a cheese ball a few beers and a little eggnog before bed. Not much of a holiday person.

@Tra3
I had never heard of Lefse, google sorted that. I like Indian Naan bread so Lefse would probably be nice.

Your traditional Christmas dinner sounds good for cold weather. Christmas time is summer in Australia.

That Charcuterie board top of page looks great.

Oh, and my mate bought Yabbies in to go with our Christmas dinner. Being a bit seasonal you get em while you can.

Lefse comes in many variants, a thin version (looks a bit like a tortillia) is ofte used as a wrap for meats or fermented fish (the Norwegian fermented fish tastes and smell much better then the swedish canned Surstromming (sound be classed as a biologi biological weapon...).
Thicker lefse is served together with cakesand sweets, buttered and sprinkeled with sugar and cinnamon.

In Scandinavia we celebrate Christmas eve. Going to church for mass and visiting the graves of loved ones to light candles before gathering family and friends for the tradittional Christmas dinner.
The food served varies, the 3 most common main courses are fried porkbelly (real crispy cracling is a must!), salted and cured mutton ribs (this probably has roots back to very ancient times) and poached fresh cod.

In my familly it is the pork belly, served with small sausages, pickled cabbage, prunes and potatoes.
For desert caramel pudding. Later in the evening cakes and sweets.
This year the world is (agian..) crazy and locked-down, so only me and my wife here (and the dog off course).

received_1016681762214462.jpeg

Last edited:
@Tra3
I had never heard of Lefse, google sorted that. I like Indian Naan bread so Lefse would probably be nice.

Your traditional Christmas dinner sounds good for cold weather. Christmas time is summer in Australia.

That Charcuterie board top of page looks great.

Oh, and my mate bought Yabbies in to go with our Christmas dinner. Being a bit seasonal you get em while you can.
Lefse is very common in Minnesota during the holiday season because we have so many people of Scandinavian descent. Each family has some variation on how they eat it. My wife’s family puts sugar and butter in it and rolls it up.

It is surprising to me to think that for a good portion of the world, including Southern Africa, Christmas is a summer holiday.

Kevin, late but as promised…

Menu:
Duck 3 ways (pan seared breast, confit legs, smoked medallions) with red wine sauce
Potato mille feuille cooked in duck fat
Brussel sprouts, prosciutto & chestnuts
Cranberry velvet pudding
Served with pinot noir
C94F21D5-D63A-468B-9799-2B1C354BDABD.jpeg

For dessert
Christmas pudding …flambé just for pizazz
83B72EA7-C692-4470-81D5-CE05E825BCC0.jpeg

It was a long cooking day, but it made for some fantastic eats.

Kevin, late but as promised…

Menu:
Duck 3 ways (pan seared breast, confit legs, smoked medallions) with red wine sauce
Potato mille feuille cooked in duck fat
Brussel sprouts, prosciutto & chestnuts
Cranberry velvet pudding
Served with pinot noir
View attachment 443643

For dessert
Christmas pudding …flambé just for pizazz
View attachment 443642

It was a long cooking day, but it made for some fantastic eats.
Wow!
That is fantastic BT, I never tire of Christmas pud.

Well, I got so busy eating I forgot to take pictures, but luckily the grandson took one of his plate before starting. As always the little woman did a great job!
0D1B7DC3-1ED4-4703-9828-2BEC0FFA881B.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpstracking

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg