A big ol' Texas hello!

Candido Garza Jr.

New member
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
Location
Bishop, Texas
Hello everyone! My name is Candido Garza Jr. and I am very happy to be a part of this African hunting community. Glad I found y'all! I am from the Coastal Bend of Texas, specifically the Corpus Christi area and I hunt as much as I possibly can. I have hunted whitetail deer, dove, and quail for the majority of my life, but ever since childhood, I have always dreamt of hunting the "Dark Continent!" I truly enjoy watching the many African hunting videos on YouTube and would love the opportunity to someday partake in such an awesome adventure. I find the large majority of those videos to be excellent in information and insight. I guess that I enjoy watching those YouTube vids today, about as much as I enjoyed watching Curt Gowdy and Bing Crosby on The American Sportsman back in the 70s! For deer hunting, I own a couple of Remingtons, one in .243 and one in 7mm mag. I do not own a big gun African caliber rifle at this time, but have thought about purchasing one someday. Well, thanx for the time, I truly appreciate it. God bless y'all.
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH, the enablers here will soon have you owning a large caliber rifle and booking your first trip to Africa....
 
Glad you stumbled onto the site.
Welcome to AH.
 
Welcome Candido!
 
Welcome aboard Candido. All of us started off "dreaming" of one day hunting Africa. Keep frequenting this site and you will soon find your dream a reality. Your 7mm Mag. is probably big enough for most plains game. But rest assured we'll do everything within our power to talk you into a bigger rifle, perhaps even more than one. In the meantime, read, enjoy and learn.
 
Hi Candido, welcome to AH !
 
Welcome to AH Candido! Glad to have you join the conversation.
 
Candido, welcome to the AH forum! If you spend time reading the reports and articles, your desire to have your own Africa adventure will likely get pushed over the edge! Enjoy!
 
Hello Candido,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Parts of Africa (especially the Khomas Hochland Highlands - lol) seem to have been created by Almighty God, with scoped, flat shooting rifles in mind.
Your 7mm magnum, loaded with 160 to 175 grain bullets (Swift A-Frame come to mind) will properly let the air out of all species, commonly hunted up in the Khomas Hochland Highlands.

Have a peek at our web site when you get a chance.
It will show what wide open geography and types of foliage you can expect in that part of Africa.
This of course is in no way intended to discourage you from buying a .375 H&H.
Reading in this forum will sooner or later inspire you to want one anyway.

Best regards,
Paul.
 
Welcome to the mob, Candido. Before any of these African addicts confuse you with myriad choices of shoulder fired howitzers, may I suggest a Win 70 Safari Express in 375H&H. It will handle anything that walks, crawls or flies on earth. Ammo is readily available all over and there are several bullet weights to consider. I like Barnes TSX for everything. 235 gr for pg and 350 gr for dg.
 
Giday Candido, welcome to the A H forums. Thank you for the blessing and may God bless you as well.
 
Welcome to AH! The .243 and 7 mm .Mag have been my main go to guns the last 15 years.
 
Welcome, just north of you at the end of 37 after a couple hours drive
 
Hello everyone! My name is Candido Garza Jr. and I am very happy to be a part of this African hunting community. Glad I found y'all! I am from the Coastal Bend of Texas, specifically the Corpus Christi area and I hunt as much as I possibly can. I have hunted whitetail deer, dove, and quail for the majority of my life, but ever since childhood, I have always dreamt of hunting the "Dark Continent!" I truly enjoy watching the many African hunting videos on YouTube and would love the opportunity to someday partake in such an awesome adventure. I find the large majority of those videos to be excellent in information and insight. I guess that I enjoy watching those YouTube vids today, about as much as I enjoyed watching Curt Gowdy and Bing Crosby on The American Sportsman back in the 70s! For deer hunting, I own a couple of Remingtons, one in .243 and one in 7mm mag. I do not own a big gun African caliber rifle at this time, but have thought about purchasing one someday. Well, thanx for the time, I truly appreciate it. God bless y'all.
Candido,
Welcome from another Texan to AH! Nice to have you here.
Philip
 
Welcome Candido.
As you know there are a lots of hunting choices not far from Corpus Christi. For instance this red deer hind taken just west of Corpus.


Either of your rifles is sufficient to take such game.
 

Attachments

  • 57039_600x400.jpg
    57039_600x400.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:
I thank y'all for the awesome welcome fellas! Y'all are much appreciated. I will definitely gobble up as much info as I possibly can from this forum. Plenty to learn here, I have no doubt. Thanx again!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,337
Messages
1,573,254
Members
169,728
Latest member
AundreaDia
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top