9.3x62

Always wanted one and picked up this all original JP Sauer and Sohns. Handles and shoots great.
IMG_3299.jpeg
 
Here are a few more pictures of mine.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3292.jpeg
    IMG_3292.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3293.jpeg
    IMG_3293.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3294.jpeg
    IMG_3294.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3299.jpeg
    IMG_3299.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 152
LH Zastava 98 Mauser. 22 inch barrel. Luepold VX6 1-6X28 scope in S&K rings and bases. Model 70 style 3 position safety. Restocked by good friend Pete Underwood. Shoots NF 286grn softs and solids at 2400fps into tiny 1 hole ragged groups.
What powder are you using please? Using RL15.5 I get 2300 FPS at 101.7% meaning compressed load based all on QL
 
Well sir I do appreciate your input. No, I've never hunted buffalo before but I've been hunting in Africa for 10 years now. For what it's worth. I've talked a number of PH's and other folks whose opinions I trust. The majority are of the opinion that the 9.3 is capable of harvesting buffalo. They have done so themselves and many a client has done so also. Is it ideal? No, but then again NO caliber is a 100% sure thing. My 375 H&H offers more frontal area at impact and slightly more horsepower, but not much more. Either one will take a buffalo. I appreciate your sage advise. My time as a combat veteran and when I wore a badge, I've already hunted the most dangerous game on earth. From the people I know who have vast amounts of hunting buffalo, the 9.3 or the 375 will do the job with proper shot placement. If there is any doubt, Then it's no shot. Thanks again for your input.
I have no problem using a 9.3x62 on buffalo having taken 4 but while not using this caliber to do so all three of my PHs had no problem if I had wanted to use it
 
While I decided to not push it getting the Rigby HS in 9.3x62 with Mrs Rare Breed given our daughters marriage (yes I am a coward) I just bought a beautiful Steyr in this caliber with upgraded wood that I will be getting Monday. My problem is when I use QL with 286 grain bullets and RL15.5 I can only get 2300 FPS before I start getting 101.7% meaning compressed load while not a problem just curious what powder people are using to get 2400 FPS with thus grain bullet please
 
Here is my Steyr SM12 9.3x62. Have not had time to finish load development for it but hope to soon.

2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
8.jpeg
18.jpeg
19.jpeg
20.jpeg

20a.jpeg
23.jpeg
24.jpeg
25.jpeg
 
What powder are you using please? Using RL15.5 I get 2300 FPS at 101.7% meaning compressed load based all on QL
Well sir, I'm loading 58.0grn of RL-15. Mild compression and my chronograph says 2380 to 2400fps. I also use Lapua brass and CCI 200 primers. I'm getting 5/8th inch groups. With 286grn A-Frames it will shoot thru both shoulders of a large Eland. I've done that several times. Maybe I've got one of those fast barrels? what ever I'm not complaining.
 
WOW!!! while I have the same model Steyr I am not in your universe in engraving or wood!!! Please tell us the story how this engraving was commissioned? Truly exceptional!!!
 
WOW!!! while I have the same model Steyr I am not in your universe in engraving or wood!!! Please tell us the story how this engraving was commissioned? Truly exceptional!!!
I'm a total geek for wood and engraving on firearms. While perusing the European website for Steyr I noticed it has a custom shop in Austria. The US-based Steyr office confirmed that its could import a full custom Steyr to the US from Austria. I then worked with the custom shop to pick wood and design the engraving. I wanted a European cartridge in a rifle with European game animals and engraving style. My original plan was to use the 9.3 as a medium range heavy-hitting bush rifle for whitetail, elk and bear. Unfortunately the rifle has not been bloodied yet but that will change soon. I've got a BC bear hunt in April that I may take it on.
 
While I decided to not push it getting the Rigby HS in 9.3x62 with Mrs Rare Breed given our daughters marriage (yes I am a coward) I just bought a beautiful Steyr in this caliber with upgraded wood that I will be getting Monday. My problem is when I use QL with 286 grain bullets and RL15.5 I can only get 2300 FPS before I start getting 101.7% meaning compressed load while not a problem just curious what powder people are using to get 2400 FPS with thus grain bullet please

From Handloader magazine:

93x62-barsness-handloader250.jpg



John Barsness and Eileen Clarke
https://www.riflesandrecipes.com/

Cheers! Bob F.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,938
Members
169,653
Latest member
arthryonsus
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top