9.3x62

I don’t know if these images were set up simply to capture shots of the gun or if you were actually hunting and took them on a whim but my first thought was “This chap hunts whistle pigs with a 9.3? Nice!” Probably not what you were doing but, growing up hunting groundhogs here in PA, I associated the greenery and setting with that activity.
I will use almost any rifle on a groundhog. This was a 100 yd shoot to test the expansion of the then new 258gr Hammer Hunter bullet that I had Steve and Brian design.
IMG_1435.jpeg
IMG_1437.jpeg
IMG_1440.jpeg
 
I will use almost any rifle on a groundhog. This was a 100 yd shoot to test the expansion of the then new 258gr Hammer Hunter bullet that I had Steve and Brian design.

So you were hunting groundhogs with your 9.3 when you took the pics I initially commented on?
The original picture was a different day hunting. I used that rifle on everything except turkeys.
 
Rivers and Glen
Monks Corner, SC
Google them for phone #/contact
They have the Field Ethos 9.3x62 on a Sauer action…..shot one last Saturday…was a demo rifle so many had shot before I got to it but notable when I shot the 2nd shot the front sight fell off…Nice looking and handling rifle but the front sight should stay stationary…..
 
Okay everyone, as usual all of you are killing me!!! The 9.3X62 is the one Africa Caliber I feel like I have never owned. I am getting tempted to buy one but fortunately cannot find one!
here you go 4 different Mauser rifles in stock and new the company is Euro Optic tell them you are a member of African and you will get a better price than what is listed
 
I read yesterday that you could not make a 9.3x57 to a 9.3x62. Is that true? There seem to be plenty of 9.3x57's out there to re-barrel!
If you’re going to rebarrel a rifle, any 30/06 or 270 action will work. May as well start with a good modern action.
Maybe you could get a 9.3x57 rechambered, but not sure how long those actions are.
 
My husqvarna model 146 was a 9.3x57 - had the gunsmith open the chamber up to 9.3x62 with no issues - yes it can be easily done.
This is exactly what I had done. 9.3x57 rechambered to 9.3x62. These husqy barrels are labeled “9.3”, so I don’t have it restamped.
 
Collectively and individually I've seen some great looking rifles and have gotten a backstory on a rifle or two. Keep'em coming !
 
Okay everyone, as usual all of you are killing me!!! The 9.3X62 is the one Africa Caliber I feel like I have never owned. I am getting tempted to buy one but fortunately cannot find one!
You can buy mine!
Custommade in a chub safe like K98 action with nice walnutstock, Recknagel glas like trigger and Raetz opensight. Don't know it? Look here:
Raetz.jpg


and Recknagel take down scope mounting (works like this for those who haven't seen it)
Raetz.jpg


Perfect gun with perfect attachies, but ...... I don't use it!

Remember I use the 358 Win with 200 grainers in general use, which does all for me around here!
For deer and average hog, Otto Bocks 9,3 is just too much (I have to think about rebound danger for surrounding area), for Africa it's way too little, so its sleeping in the gunsafe until a princess will kiss it awake! ;))
 
img_0314-jpg.654522


^ My Mauser M12.

View attachment 720963

^ My son’s Sako 85.

View attachment 720964

^ I’ve just got a copy of this book - a great resource for those of us that see the mighty 9.3x62 for what it is - one of the finest cartridges ever developed.

Just received my copy Tintin, a great read!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,436
Messages
1,576,150
Members
170,526
Latest member
MariePayto
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top