9.3x62 load

Zeroed the scope for Eco-strike yesterday. Similar results as above with 20.5" Blaser standard barrel. No need to reload hunting ammo for next fall apparently.

Hi, today load nosler Accubond 250gr. , with cci250, N140 60gr. How do you think is it ok ?
I did ladder test with Nosler E-tip 250gr from 53 to 60gr of N140. It's different bullet but Nosler gives same load table for them with extra warning about monometallic bullets so Accubond should be ok.

COAL 85 mm, note the length of E-tip. Federal 215 LRM primer, Norma case. Temperature +8 C. Absolutely no signs of overpressure in Blaser R8. Obviously start lower with yours but if you're trying to find max load, by all means don't stop there. Obviously N540 or RS52 would give you even higher MV. No velocity data on my ladder, I'm about to plink these on steel at 300-500m and hunt with the Eco-strike.

Have to pull out my chrony again (Mehl BMC) - cut down my barrel from 22“ to 18.5“!

According to two internal ballistic softwares, it shouldnt do much.

The rifle is much more handi and nearly as short with the suppressor as it was before without...

Still working some with 250 AB. As far as hunting goes its plenty accurate. With some groups slightly below moa to slightly over moa. That Norma factory load has proven very hard for me to beat lol. Once I finish up these Accubonds I might try the 232 gr oryx or Vulcan. I only hunt whitetail deer, so I dont really need the heavy's lol.

Starting to get more pleased with the 250 Accubonds. Gonna call it a day on this load.
20200422_105419.jpg

Thanks! I'm not gonna stress over it anymore lol. That leaves me able to shoot the factory 230 ecostrike and the 250 AB without having to make scope adjustments. That makes life alot simpler haha.
Cleveland48
As the A team said I love it when a plan comes together.
My Whelen is the same with 225s and 250s, make life a lot easier.
Load aim shoot no worries.
Cheers mate Bob

I did ladder test with Nosler E-tip 250gr from 53 to 60gr of N140. It's different bullet but Nosler gives same load table for them with extra warning about monometallic bullets so Accubond should be ok.

COAL 85 mm, note the length of E-tip. Federal 215 LRM primer, Norma case. Temperature +8 C. Absolutely no signs of overpressure in Blaser R8. Obviously start lower with yours but if you're trying to find max load, by all means don't stop there. Obviously N540 or RS52 would give you even higher MV. No velocity data on my ladder, I'm about to plink these on steel at 300-500m and hunt with the Eco-strike.
My coal is 84mm, the idea was to have more J for wild boar( here they are up to 300 kg.) and to shoot steel plate at 500m.

My first post here, so please be kind. I joined AH because of threads like this.

I have a Husqvarna in 9.3x62 and here is the load I worked up based on the data from Hodgdon.

285 grain PPU over 57.2 grains of Varget in PPU brass and get 2340 fps. My COL is 3.23". Groups less than 3"@100 yards using open sights.

I've heard the stories about PPU bullets being too soft for thick skinned game, but as I so far only hunt white tails, I'm not too concerned;)

Husqvarna%209.3x62%20web.jpg

Attachments

• Husqvarna 9.3x62 web.jpg
    Husqvarna 9.3x62 web.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 103
My first post here, so please be kind. I joined AH because of threads like this.

I have a Husqvarna in 9.3x62 and here is the load I worked up based on the data from Hodgdon.

285 grain PPU over 57.2 grains of Varget in PPU brass and get 2340 fps. My COL is 3.23". Groups less than 3"@100 yards using open sights.

I've heard the stories about PPU bullets being too soft for thick skinned game, but as I so far only hunt white tails, I'm not too concerned;)

Husqvarna%209.3x62%20web.jpg
I have used the PPU 285 grain for a few years now on whitetail. While it is probably too soft for larger game, it has been a hammer on whitetail for me. I've used that bullet with 58 gr of varget for 2400 fps and 65 gr of big game for 2500 fps. These are the loads I've used in my 98 mauser with xs ghost ring sights. I'm a huge fan of that bullet for whitetail. Once cheap so u get alot of practice, and those big round noses seems to flatten deer. That is a great looking rifle you have also!

I used both the Nosler AB and the Barnes Triple Shock, both at 250 grs, in Africa. I used the same load for each and had excellent accuracy and about 2500fps which is plenty. 61grs of IMR4064. .....

Has IMR4064 been reformulated recently? I'm crunching powder at 57.0 grains and getting just under 2,500 fps with the 250 gr Accubond. Cases are new Lapua 9.3x62 and I'm using a Federal 210 standard primer. COL is 3.290".
The Boat Tail design on the 250 AB (also the TTSX) means the tapered part of the bullet will be seated down into the case somewhat. 57 grains of IMR4064 puts the powder level close to the bottom of the case neck, (in my Lapua cases).

I'm thinking the Barnes 250 gr TSX (Flat Base) might be the way to go since it would allow more room in the case.(?)
Any thoughts appreciated. I'm currently working up loads for a CZ 550 I picked up recently.

And for @AZDAVE :
What would be a good starting point for the 250 AB (or Barnes TTX/TTSX) with RL17? I see it listed in the Swift manual for the 250 AF, but no idea how they could get the max charge in the case. (Lapua brass is all I have on hand, btw.)

Has IMR4064 been reformulated recently? I'm crunching powder at 57.0 grains and getting just under 2,500 fps with the 250 gr Accubond. Cases are new Lapua 9.3x62 and I'm using a Federal 210 standard primer. COL is 3.290".
The Boat Tail design on the 250 AB (also the TTSX) means the tapered part of the bullet will be seated down into the case somewhat. 57 grains of IMR4064 puts the powder level close to the bottom of the case neck, (in my Lapua cases).

I'm thinking the Barnes 250 gr TSX (Flat Base) might be the way to go since it would allow more room in the case.(?)
Any thoughts appreciated. I'm currently working up loads for a CZ 550 I picked up recently.

And for @AZDAVE :
What would be a good starting point for the 250 AB (or Barnes TTX/TTSX) with RL17? I see it listed in the Swift manual for the 250 AF, but no idea how they could get the max charge in the case. (Lapua brass is all I have on hand, btw.)
Shootist~
Are you able to sear your projectiles to a longer COAL than 3.29 inches. I can sear projectiles to a COAL of 3.4 inches in the Whelen and still have clearance to the lands
Bob

My 250 gr load is Hornady brass, Barnes TSX, 60 gr of 4064, COAL 3.25, load density 102%, mv about 2480 fps.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen ,
I have plenty of room to the lands and also mag length, but the neck of the 9.3 case is pretty short. I'm already stretched a bit.

@Newboomer ,
Thanks. I'll keep for reference when I source some 250 TSX (FB) bullets.
Is your 4064 the "IMR" variety? And do you happen to know the decapped weight of your Hornady brass? The Lapua brass weighs around 95 grains, so possibly less internal volume.

FWIW, the Nosler Max load with IMR4064 is 56.0 grains with 250s. Same for the Swift manual. Both are probably on the safe side to allow for older rifles.

And for @AZDAVE :
Don't know about the 4064 powder change if any, I doubt it. If your rifle will handle seating out per throat and mag length, just don't seat to spec. I seated both bullets to 3.4" in my CZ. I used the flat base TSX and the boat tail Accubond and seated them alike.

Shootist~
Are you able to sear your projectiles to a longer COAL than 3.29 inches. I can sear projectiles to a COAL of 3.4 inches in the Whelen and still have clearance to the lands
Bob
Hey Aussie cowboy! You gonna cook them bullets or shoot 'em?! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

OK. I'll try seating out a longer and re-test starting at 57.0 grains and a bit more.
No way can I even get close to the lands with a 250 AB in this CZ 550. They are way out there at 3.605".
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg