9.3x62 load

1st they take away my precious Winchester Silvertip .
Then , they take away my RWS T Mantel .
I feel so out dated .

On a more serious note , in that case ... I will recommend the 286 grain Norma Orynx soft point cartridges.
Friend Ponton
I to lament the loss of the silver tip.
I've never used it in the grand old 375 but used xxx thousands of them in a model 94 Winchester 30/30 on pigs and goats. Absolutely devastating.
Cheers my friend
Bob Nelson

Friend Ponton
I to lament the loss of the silver tip.
I've never used it in the grand old 375 but used xxx thousands of them in a model 94 Winchester 30/30 on pigs and goats. Absolutely devastating.
Cheers my friend
Bob Nelson
I indeed miss them very much , Bob. The .375 Holland & Holland magnum calibre Winchester 300 grain Silvertip soft point cartridges were so damned effective on royal Bengal tiger and panthers , that we local Indian shikarees used to nick name them " Baagh guli " ( Tiger Bullets ) .
The .30-30 Winchester variant was just the medicine for forest panthers .

1st they take away my precious Winchester Silvertip .
Then , they take away my RWS T Mantel .
I feel so out dated .

The 286 gr RWS T-Mantel is still available as a reloading component.

How many do you need?

;)

HWL

Just tried a load with 250 grain accubond. 62 gr of RL15 gave me 2,575 fps. Starting to think the barrel on the sauer ain't gonna let me break 2,600 fps lol. Groups were plenty good for my hunting needs, but gonna try to tighten them up a bit.
20200308_181353.jpg
20200308_181348.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Then a 5 shot group with the Norma PH 230 gr ecostrike. This factory loads clocks 2,623 fps, and I'm starting to doubt I'll be able to match thos factory load lol.
20200308_182823.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I get my best results with my CZ 550 9.3 x 62 at 100 yds:
Barnes 250 gr TSX and 60 gr of 4064.
Barnes 286 gr TSX and 53 gr of 4064.
Don't know what the mv is but I lucked out and got a cloverleaf with both the other day. My other groups were 1.5"to 2". Good enough for me for a hunter. This is my "except for buf and ele" gun. I have my King of Rifles for them.

Just tried a load with 250 grain accubond. 62 gr of RL15 gave me 2,575 fps. Starting to think the barrel on the sauer ain't gonna let me break 2,600 fps lol. Groups were plenty good for my hunting needs, but gonna try to tighten them up a bit. View attachment 334468View attachment 334469
Cleveland 48 you could always try a different powder like Varget or Hogdon CFE223.
Cheers
Bob Nelson

Cleveland 48 you could always try a different powder like Varget or Hogdon CFE223.
Cheers
Bob Nelson
I've trying to find varget now Bob. It is apparently dried out locally. I do have my name on some list for when it does come in, which will hopefully be soon! CFE223 has not crossed my mind though. I'll try to look up some data on it, but I have seen some locally so it is available. Honestly 2575 fps would be plenty for me in my 22" barrel, but I like to tinker. Gonna try some seating depth test and see those groups will shrink some.

I've trying to find varget now Bob. It is apparently dried out locally. I do have my name on some list for when it does come in, which will hopefully be soon! CFE223 has not crossed my mind though. I'll try to look up some data on it, but I have seen some locally so it is available. Honestly 2575 fps would be plenty for me in my 22" barrel, but I like to tinker. Gonna try some seating depth test and see those groups will shrink some.
Cleveland 48
CFE 223 sits between Varget and H4350. I would start with your reloader 15 load and work up 1 grain at a time until you reach YOUR SAFE WORKING LOAD.
Load from a disc recommends a max of 65 grains of cfe223.
Cheers
Bob

Cleveland 48
CFE 223 sits between Varget and H4350. I would start with your reloader 15 load and work up 1 grain at a time until you reach YOUR SAFE WORKING LOAD.
Load from a disc recommends a max of 65 grains of cfe223.
Cheers
Bob
Thanks for the info Bob! I'll try to grab some this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammie2072

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross