416 Rigby on a Brno Zkk 602 action

Clodo Ferreira

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Ah, understand. Anyway, because some details, it seems to be made more than probably, before 1970/71.
Great!

baxterb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hi Clodo
Thank you.
Unfortunately the original stampings/engraving were polished off during the custom build so I’m not sure. I am attaching a photo of the original the original bottom for interest. The donor action was originally from a 458 WM and it has the indentations on the magazine box.

View attachment 382993

Just curious, did this magazine box show dents in the front due to rounds slamming forward under recoil? I believe the standard mags will accommodate a 3.6+ OAL and heavy calibers suffer deformation of the box under heavy use,.

Jon Glajchen

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SAHGCA,NHSA,SA Wingshooters
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia,Botswana
Just curious, did this magazine box show dents in the front due to rounds slamming forward under recoil? I believe the standard mags will accommodate a 3.6+ OAL and heavy calibers suffer deformation of the box under heavy use,.
Hi baxterb

The mag box in the picture has no dents. I’m not sure how many rounds where put through the weapon before I got it. I immediately replaced it with a custom bottom metal. As mentioned previously it was from a 458WM.

Last edited:

baxterb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hi baxterb

The mag box in the picture has no dents. I’m not sure how many rounds where put through the weapon before I got it. I immediately replaced it with a custom bottom metal. As mentioned previously it was from a 458WM.
Very good.

Many years ago I worked with Duane building that bottom metal. A hell of a lot of work goes into them!

Professor Mawla

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Just wondering if anyone has built a 416 Rigby on a Brno ZKK 602 action (originally 375 H&H or 416 RM). Was there any difficult/expensive gunsmithing required? Feed issues? How many in std Mag box? etc.
@Neale
Yes , they have . During the 1970s and 1980s , John Rigby & Co used the BRNO ZKK-602 actions to built countless of their .416 Rigby rifles .

As the article below illustrates ( see bottom photograph of first page ) , the .416 Rigby is quite ideal for the BRNO ZKK-602 action .
7516898A-C253-4111-A6F1-337659B184A3.png
1CC7D0A4-1BBC-4401-B3B9-CCFA8DA00D78.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalorieBea

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh