.404 Jeffery build

Talked to Reto this AM and the rifle is at the engraver's shop. Once back from engraving it goes to Turnbull for CCH and will then blued and assembled.

I have 200 rounds for Norma and RWS brass and intend to wring it out thoroughly on sticks on my 100 yard range, as well Reto said he tested it firing from the bench and put three bullets in the same hole. Nice.

Needless to say that I am getting anxious to have it in my hands.

Sent deposit for my 21 day safari in September of next year.

Beautiful caliber . Beautiful action . Someday , I’d really appreciate a Reto Buehller .505 Gibbs on a Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Mauser action .
...and you should have it. I'm told, by reliable sources, that you can't take it with you when you depart this Earth.

Up date - I got an email from Reto this AM and he says the rifle is completed and being assembled for shipping. He sent a few photos as well...

1 copy 2.jpg

1 copy.jpg

Nevada Mike, I jealous already and I haven't even seen the completed rifle yet.
Neither have I !! But I'll post a couple photos when I get it... probably in the next week or so.

Mike

That is stunning! Congratulations brother.

I’d be jealous but he’s in the process of building me a 9.3x62 on a GMA action. He’s doing the barrel with integral Rigby style front base for claw mounts, front sight base, rear sight island and sling swivel. All machined out of the barrel blank. I think he removes the front bridge from the GMA action.

Love to see his work, he’s amazing. I think I’m going to get him to build me one of his single shot switch barrels. 7x57 and 404 maybe?

I have a Joe Smithson 375 H&H on a GMA action with the fully integral barrel features but it’s with a Kevlar stock for Alaska and Northern Canada.

FINISHED!

Reto will be shipping to me this week! Here's a look...

1_004.jpg

That's three shots in under 3/4" at 100 yards from a 23"PacNor barrel.

1_006.jpg

The rear aperture sight actually came from a old Jeffery rifle. Kinda cool and better for my eyes!

Nevada Mike, if possible I'd like to get some more info on that rear aperture sight. I don't think I've ever seen one that folded down / out of the way when not in use.

That is an absolutely beautiful piece! A rifle like that might just provide enough incentive for one to learn to shoot left-handed. . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg