Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Generally, I don't mind a right handed bolt for any other types of shooting. My .375 Ruger is the only left handed gun that I own, but for the purpose of the rifle (hunting) I wanted to be able to cycle the action without losing my sight picture like I do with the right handed guns.

you lads have made my mind up , the next firearm l buy will be a leftie.
since l was knee high to a duck , ive only used righties. and don't know any different .

Bluey now I know why I like you so much!!!! :)

A left hand bolt is definitely something that you don't know what you're missing until you have one. I'd never a lefty either until my .375. First time I tried to load it I had problems because it was all backwards. LOL

But now that I have one I will never purchase another right hand bolt. I can not only reload faster, but I stay on target as Rukus states. That sure was nice on the second shot on my buffalo while he was running off. I'm sure I will always hunt with my .30/06, but my plan is to semi retire it and get probably a .300 mag in left hand.

I need to get a couple pictures of my rifles and start a left hand rifle thread....

Geoclarkclark

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, Colo Bowhunters Assn, Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, USA, Scotland, Argentina
OK Ses, I'll go the other way on this one. My son and I have both owned 375 Rugers for several years and have taken them to Africa twice. We have killed everything with them that we ever shot at. We have never looked at the H&H's cause they just don't interest us. Just sayin!

I used my Ruger Hawkeye African in 375 ruger a few months ago in SA. With my handloads of Barnes TTSX 250 gr. bullets, it was deadly on everything from Springbok to Lion. MV is 2880 fps, and with a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x glass, an extremely versatile and accurate package. At 9 lbs. all up, it's no problem for long spot and stalk hikes. I have used a 375 H&H in the past, and prefer the Ruger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElenaBlank

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh