3 Year Plan

2021- Cabassa Safaris- Niassa, Moz- October (14-day Buffalo, Niassa Wildebeest, Lichtenstein Hartebeest, and Roosevelt Sable)

2022- Working on South Africa details. Nyala with Trevor Lake and Golden Wildebeest with Hartzview Safaris

2023- Depends on new administrations movement on leopard importation. Namibia own-use elephant or Benin mixed bag or leopard

May 2021 - Guiding brown bear on AK Peninsula.

June 2021 - Botswana elephant with Johan Calitz in NG41

August 2021 - Tag along on son’s Dall sheep hunt in Yukon with Bonnet Plume Outfitters and shoot a caribou and grizzly if presented the opportunity.

July 2022 - Sitatunga, lechwe, roan, sable, etc... in Zambia in Kasonso GMA

2022 - Lion somewhere?

2020-Finish Debt Snowball (except mortgage)and get out of stupid debt. Get moved to tithing at Church, and 15% of income to retirement savings. DONE
2021- Mount the new Leupold scope on Roger No. 1 .30-06. Learn to reload, and work up load for PG. Range practice. Start losing weight and getting in better shape. Get serious about saving for Africa.
2022- Keep saving, keep practicing, get the weight down.
2023- First safari to Africa. Plains game in Eastern Cape with Bullet Safaris.

2021 - Caribou hunt Newfoundland

2022 - Dont know? Maybe make up for my cancelled Musk Ox, or cash in some Western hunt points, or hunt RSA with Talsa. Uganda sounds cool...Costa Rica fishing might be fun...going somewhere to kill something.

2023 - Postponed Dallas Sheep hunt...and probably something else.

2024 - Maybe Marco Polo...maybe Leopard...something cool.

2021- Mid to end of April hunt in South Africa, Eastern Cape, with Nick Bowkers. 8 animals (Kudu, Nyala, black wildebeest, mountain reedbuck, impala, springbuck, blesbuck and warthog), Fingers crossed on this happening. Hopefully western Kansas hunt in late January for pheasant and bobwhite quail. Annual hunt in northern Wisconsin in October for grouse and woodcock.
2022- Excited and wanting to go back to Africa! Really want to go back for sable, gemsbuck, and likely cape buffalo for Trip #2 (add buying a .375 H&H rifle starting NOW). Go to Texas for Nilgai. Repeat on annual bird hunting trips. Add a birding (birdwatching) trip with my older brother out West, likely northern and Rocky Mountain states.
2023- Big blank right now. Open to suggestions. Possibly Nova Scotia for moose with some friends I waterfowl hunt with.

2021- Pronghorn hunt in Alberta with Double Diamond Outfitters, deposit sent.
2022- Whitetail deer hunt northern Alberta with Diamond Willow Outfitters, still planning.
2023- Mule deer hunt in Alberta with 2BAlbertaOutfitting or whitetail hunting on Anticosti Island in Quebec, undecided.

Well, if all goes well, these are the plans:

2020 - Try to stay Covid free. Shoot a deer or two to put venison in the freezer, so far zero deer for me. :(
2021 - South Dakota for pheasant, turkey & deer. Elk hunt in Oregon with my son after he returns from his deployment.
2022 - Hunt Eastern Cape, SA with Game 4 Africa Safaris, for Kudu, Bushbuck, Eland & Nyala. If finances are good, Black Wildebeest & Hartebeest. Wife will be in tow since this was her idea.
2023 - Black bear somewhere in the US or Canada.

2024 is a bit too far off, and plans will depend if I retire or not.

All sound like great plans. all my hunts include wife hunting also
2021- Texas ranch hunt
2022- NZ red stag rescheduled from Mar 2021
2023- South Africa PG hunt first timer, early stages planning

May 2021- complete postponed Idaho Black Bear Hunt
June 2021- complete postponed New Zealand - Tahr and Rusa
May 2022- booked 3rd trip to South Africa- Warthog, Roan, Duiker, Klipspringer, Grysbok, Badger, Genet, Civet, Kudu (larger than 55")

All sound like great plans. all my hunts include wife hunting also
2021- Texas ranch hunt
2022- NZ red stag rescheduled from Mar 2021
2023- South Africa PG hunt first timer, early stages planning
Glad my wife shoots a Nikon not a Winchester. New Zealand in March is beautiful. I hope you get to hunt the roar! I went in late March and early April. What an experience.

-- Delayed Leopard/Buffalo/Elephant hunt August in Zim
-- Mountain lion hunt in February in Utah
-- Driven pheasant hunt, Scotland

-- Elephant and lion somewhere.

-- Elephant for sure as I am addicted.
Tanks I have no doubt hunting elephant must be incredible in and by itself...just curious if you hunt a bull do you get a recreation of the tusks or animal if you want it due to US restrictions? Also why so passionate about hunting elephants please? After my two buffalo hunts I have booked elephant might be my next DG. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!!!

Well, if all goes well, these are the plans:

2020 - Try to stay Covid free. Shoot a deer or two to put venison in the freezer, so far zero deer for me. :(
2021 - South Dakota for pheasant, turkey & deer. Elk hunt in Oregon with my son after he returns from his deployment.
2022 - Hunt Eastern Cape, SA with Game 4 Africa Safaris, for Kudu, Bushbuck, Eland & Nyala. If finances are good, Black Wildebeest & Hartebeest. Wife will be in tow since this was her idea.
2023 - Black bear somewhere in the US or Canada.

2024 is a bit too far off, and plans will depend if I retire or not.
Love Game 4 Africa. Excited to hunt with them a second time in 2022

Tanks I have no doubt hunting elephant must be incredible in and by itself...just curious if you hunt a bull do you get a recreation of the tusks or animal if you want it due to US restrictions? Also why so passionate about hunting elephants please? After my two buffalo hunts I have booked elephant might be my next DG. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!!!

I have residences outside of the USA that I send trophies not allowed in the US. In regards to hunting elephants, I am sure you will understand once you get your first one. ;)

-- Delayed Leopard/Buffalo/Elephant hunt August in Zim
-- Mountain lion hunt in February in Utah
-- Driven pheasant hunt, Scotland

-- Elephant and lion somewhere.

-- Elephant for sure as I am addicted.
Wow!!! Ant wait to read the hunt report!!!

Now that all of you have turned me into an African addict lol! Here is my three year plan...what is yours?
1. July 2021 first Buffalo hunt with Tsala 40+ opportunity
2. July 2022 just booked for second hunt with Game 4 Africa for second buffalo, kudu and first water buck
3. I will hunt with Tsala again for lion and elephant not booked yet but this is my plan

I have no idea what comes after the above...how about you?
Excellent thread! You need to add rhino and leopard to your 5 year plan.

I’m forging forward on the NA 29
Grizzly in April Alaska
Central Barren Ground Caribou and Canada Moose in Manitoba
Woodland Caribou in Newfoundland
Rocky Mountain Bighorn in ????

slipping in a couple of Safaris with my sins in RSA. Grant hunting rhino and Parker plains game.
Then up to Zambia with Strang Middleton for a bow hunt.

In 2022, any of the above I did not collect on the first attempt

Mrs BeeMaa just added Giraffe to 2022 safari.
She wants a big black bull Giraffe rug!
Hard to argue with logic like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesmondU66

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross