3 Year Plan

Wish I knew then what I know now. . . Pleasant to look back at successes and how fast my life has changed and eager to move forward.
I could remember some of those hunts by the reports that got written and look forward to those still to come.
I have an Africa trip in July with Game4Africa including my wife. Plains game including serious hunt for eland and goof off hunt for colors of springbok plus some others.
Should have deer tags in Utah and Wyoming. Have time off to dedicate looking for a proper buck for both states.
Maybe the girls will get deer or antelope tags in Wyo.
Really like KMG offering group hunts for members-would like to join them in the next year or two and pick up some of the east cape specialties.
Latey been researching combo hunts for birds and plains game in Africa.
Still researching a trip to Texas for quail and axis deer for me and my brother. . .
Prices have all gone up in three years and we cancelled a couple bird hunts where people would not honor prices from when we booked those trips.
Goals, not plans

Now that all of you have turned me into an African addict lol! Here is my three year plan...what is yours?
1. July 2021 first Buffalo hunt with Tsala 40+ opportunity
2. July 2022 just booked for second hunt with Game 4 Africa for second buffalo, kudu and first water buck
3. I will hunt with Tsala again for lion and elephant not booked yet but this is my plan

I have no idea what comes after the above...how about you?
3 year plan update:
3rd Safari 2023 Elephant and buff hunt in Zim. 4th Safari Lion in SA also in 2023

2024 5th Safari in SA for PG with my son on his first Safari. 6th Safari in SA in 2024 for a third buff

2025 7th Safari not sure either Zim or Moz for leopard

I can easily be adopted, and I’m in GA :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Congrats, those are some wonderful plans. Go get ‘em!!!

I hope everyone’s plans come to fruition. As of 2020, I was planning on Newfoundland moose in 2022, Zimbabwe in 2023, Uganda in 2024 and Namibia in 2024 or ‘25.
Unfortunately COVID came along and 2020 was filled with health issues for both my wife and me. Mine have basically cleared up, but unfortunately my wife’s persist, so short local hunts for the foreseeable future.

Hope your wife gets better so you can make those plans a reality. Prayers for her health!

My plans are as follows.

2023. Pay of as much of the house as possible and continue investing. Hunt locally and take advantage of trips back to the UK to do cull hunts in Scotland on the cheap.
2024. Finish paying off the house and hit investment goals. Hunt locally and take advantage of trips back to the UK to do cull hunts in Scotland on the cheap.
2025. Continue investing. Hunt locally and take advantage of trips back to the UK to do cull hunts in Scotland on the cheap. Maybe driven boar in Germany for my 30th if things are looking good financially and I get promoted.
2026 onwards. ???? Africa for DG before 40 would be nice and seems feasible.

Boring, but little seeds now hopefully grow into fantastic Africa hunts in 10 years or so, and I'm ok with that.

2021 - Caribou hunt Newfoundland

2022 - Dont know? Maybe make up for my cancelled Musk Ox, or cash in some Western hunt points, or hunt RSA with Talsa. Uganda sounds cool...Costa Rica fishing might be fun...going somewhere to kill something.

2023 - Postponed Dallas Sheep hunt...and probably something else.

2024 - Maybe Marco Polo...maybe Leopard...something cool.

Just updating my list

2021 - Tanzania with my Caribou hunt being postponed.

2022 - Elk in Wyoming and headed to Spain in less than a month for Ibex

2023 - Dall Sheep Hunt and maybe some Western points

2024 - Something in Africa and Newfoundland Caribou hunt

2025 - New Zealand and Probably Cash in more Western points

2026 - Thinking Asia for Ibex

My plans are as follows.

2023. Pay of as much of the house as possible and continue investing. Hunt locally and take advantage of trips back to the UK to do cull hunts in Scotland on the cheap.
2024. Finish paying off the house and hit investment goals. Hunt locally and take advantage of trips back to the UK to do cull hunts in Scotland on the cheap.
2025. Continue investing. Hunt locally and take advantage of trips back to the UK to do cull hunts in Scotland on the cheap. Maybe driven boar in Germany for my 30th if things are looking good financially and I get promoted.
2026 onwards. ???? Africa for DG before 40 would be nice and seems feasible.

Boring, but little seeds now hopefully grow into fantastic Africa hunts in 10 years or so, and I'm ok with that.
Did you get some whitetail hunting in the USA this fall? If so, how did it go?
You can probably plan up a DIY western USA hunt for a reasonable cost, especially as you meet locals that like hunting.

In 2021/2022, I need to play catch-up on my postponed hunts. Hopefully it works out like this
August 2021 Roe Deer in Poland (originally Aug 2020)
September 2021 Zambezi valley buffalo
January 2022 Cameroon eland (originally Dec 2020)
September 2022 Free range stag in north of Spain ( I may try to convert deposit to a beceite ibex/roe buck hunt in spring 2022, originally planned sept 2020)

Future hunts I would really like to do would be more roe buck hunting in Europe, buffalo or eland hunts in Southern Africa, musk ox/reindeer hunt in Greenland, Vaal rhebok hunt in Karoo.
It nice reading my old post from two years ago and knowing it actually all happened. Covid didn’t end hunting. One last hunt on the list to go, my long delayed Cameroon hunt will finally be happening this January. I typed the year in wrong when I wrote the initial post.

Did you get some whitetail hunting in the USA this fall? If so, how did it go?
You can probably plan up a DIY western USA hunt for a reasonable cost, especially as you meet locals that like hunting.
Sadly I had to travel for work all last weekend and only got back today. I've got plans this weekend as well so unless I can slip out on Friday I'm missing rifle season here in WI this year. I don't have a muzzleloader and I have no experience with crossbows, so that's out. There is an antlerless period in early December I might be able to get out for at least, unless work rears its ugly head again.

Honestly, between work travel and personal stuff I haven't been able to devote as much time as I'd have liked to prep either, so it'd be more hope than expectation either way.

I have met a couple folks from the office who hunt a bit so hopefully I can get some tips on this unguided thing or tag along with them next season at least. I'll get there!

Excellent thread! You need to add rhino and leopard to your 5 year plan.

I’m forging forward on the NA 29
Grizzly in April Alaska
Central Barren Ground Caribou and Canada Moose in Manitoba
Woodland Caribou in Newfoundland
Rocky Mountain Bighorn in ????

slipping in a couple of Safaris with my sins in RSA. Grant hunting rhino and Parker plains game.
Then up to Zambia with Strang Middleton for a bow hunt.

In 2022, any of the above I did not collect on the first attempt
You are a profit…after 2025 my only remaining big 5 goal will be rhino

2023 Spend until June becoming proficient with my double waiting for the rains to stop and the bush to thin out. Then a buff hunt in the Zambezi valley July-August. Then a stag and grouse shoot in Scotland (booked), then Tiger Tournament in October.
2024 and onwards - a buff bull every year. Start to bring in bird shooting and trout fishing. Namibia for a Gemsbok in the desert. A croc.

A follow up to what I posted a year and a half ago...

2022: no spring bear, no bow kill bear (I have a suspected rotator cuff tear, so no bow kill anything right now), fall moose - check, caribou for daughter - check, first blacktail deer - check.

2023: spring bear (maybe), 2nd trip to Africa - scheduled (June), fall moose, fall goat

2024: ????

2023 Update:
-- Red stag and 3 days of dove hunting in Argentina in April.
-- Trophy elephant bull at Kazuma Forestry Area, Zimbabwe. Might add buffalo if permit available later on.

2021 - Save up for and buy DG Rifle. Get drawn for Elk & hunt in AZ (successfully this time, no tag soup)
2022 - Practice with DG Rifle, take Mrs BourbonTrail on a hooray you got your PhD vacation abroad (maybe add hunting to said trip). Book plains game trip (?)
2023 - First plains game trip (?), continue to practice with DG rifle...
Update: DG/PG Safari #1 completed 2022

So…
2023: Take wife on vacation of choice (Europe/Caribbean)
2024: Mountain Lion in AZ over hounds, Elk if drawn
2025: Europe or Argentina Hunting with family
2026: Something the wife wants
2027: Elephant or Leopard

These were my plans as of 2020...my how things have changed. Let's just say there were circumstances that altered the plans.
2021 - C19 (financial) recovery & saving for safari.
2022 - Buff for myself, Impalla for Mrs Beemaa & a-la-carte.
2023 - Buff for Mrs BeeMaa and maybe Giraffe for me.
2024 - Vote...even though I do that every year.
What really happened...
2021 - Trout fishing in NY and Turkey hunting in GA
2022 - Trout fishing and Goose hunting in NY

Next 3 years
2023 - SCI Convention, Trout fishing and Goose hunting in NY and Spring Turkey in VA.
2024 - Trout fishing and Goose hunting in NY (because I love it) and the big one...Buff in Zim with another AH member who's hunting Bull Elephant.
2024 - Is it necessary to write the NY stuff still? Wife and I might take a cruise to AK and go fishing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross