Lifetime bronze benefactor
Platinum supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Now that all of you have turned me into an African addict lol! Here is my three year plan...what is yours?
1. July 2021 first Buffalo hunt with Tsala 40+ opportunity
2. July 2022 just booked for second hunt with Game 4 Africa for second buffalo, kudu and first water buck
3. I will hunt with Tsala again for lion and elephant not booked yet but this is my plan

I have no idea what comes after the above...how about you?

Year 1. wait for covid pandemics to end. And prepare 375 for africa.

Year 2. Go back to Namibia, safari no. 3, to complete already signed 2020 contract for safari (eland + waterbuck). Field test of 375, on african soil.

Year 3. Plan and go to hunt cape buffalo. Somewhere.

Thats the vision, provided all going well, of course, and many things can get complicated in three year period.

2021 - C19 (financial) recovery & saving for safari.
2022 - Buff for myself, Impalla for Mrs Beemaa & a-la-carte.
2023 - Buff for Mrs BeeMaa and maybe Giraffe for me.
2024 - Vote...even though I do that every year.

Great plan. Mine are still very much in the air. I am going to do a Cape buffalo hunt in the next couple years. Also want to do leopard. Another plains game hunt with my bow, Prague after mouflon, fallow, and sika. New Zealand for red stag. And I want to hunt sheep in Russia. That’s my 4 year plan- not in that order.

Tajikistan is also high on my list and I should probably knock that out before I get too old.

My 3 Day Plan....

To clean, oil and lovingly stroke all my African rifles.....

:cry:

HWL

Great plan. Mine are still very much in the air. I am going to do a Cape buffalo hunt in the next couple years. Also want to do leopard. Another plains game hunt with my bow, Prague after mouflon, fallow, and sika. New Zealand for red stag. And I want to hunt sheep in Russia. That’s my 4 year plan- not in that order.

Tajikistan is also high on my list and I should probably knock that out before I get too old.
What species of sheep are you wanting to hunt in Russia?

I like your plans!!

My plans are:

2021: take 2 trips that were cancelled from 2020 (East Cape SA and Romania) as well as a trip to the Selous
2022: Financially recover
2023: Hopefully Uganda or possibly Australia

2021 - we’ve got at least 2 separate hunts at Bos en Dal planned.. 1 involves a group of veterans that were supposed to hunt PG in 2020..the other is a separate group of vets that now want to go as well... an Alaska combo deer hunt and salmon fishing trip is already getting planned as well..

2022 - it might be time for another buff hunt at Bos en Dal by 2022.. will definitely hunt with Gerrit.. just unsure what that far out... I’ve got a feeling the Alaska hunt/fish thing is going to become a regular annual event as well (buddy owns a nice boat and is part of the veterans group mentioned above.. we already all get together a couple of times a year for hog and deer hunts in TX... it looks like AK might get added as another annual group event)...

2023 - who knows... that’s way too far out to plan... but it’s a pretty safe bet we’ll be going somewhere and hunting something

2021- NZ for tahr in spring and then Comre safaris for first time in Africa Sept (was supposed to be 2020 but C19...) 3 day weekend Wyoming for antelope with my nephew for his first time

2022/2023- 5 year wedding anniversary we are going back to England to shoot stag/muntjac. Trying to figure out Alaskan Dall sheep as well. Try few more DIY antelope states each year.

Wow!!! Awesome plans everyone! It always amazes me that even though we are all over the world this forum makes everyone so close. Picking up my new Rizzini hopefully Monday. Shipping with holidays slow. I committed heresy I know by selling guns I did not ever use from my gun safe to get it...30-06 auto,7MM, 338, 12 gauge, CZ416 Rigby and 375 H&H. Think I will sleep with it...probably better let my beautiful wife know she now has competition‍♂️♂️

2021 bump from 2020, taking granddaughter 10 days in Limpopo RSA with Johan van Wyk and 10 days in Namibia with Peter Delport. Cull and trophy hunts. Trigger time!
2022 celebrating 75th birthday with a bud also turning 75. Undecided, but possibly Caprivi, Tanzania, Zambia,...all under consideration. Plan is an “own use” elephant, hippo and another Cape buffalo. Will start researching in the spring.
2023, if still alive and well, Africa (probably Namibia) for a leopard.
2024, if alive and not broke, Zimbabwe for DG.
2025, if alive and not broke, Africa for DG.
2026, ditto!
2027, ditto!
2028, ditto!

Planning our 10th safari in 2022. Sue has decided that she needs a leopard but insists that we shoot it in daylight. I will be the official bait collector (I’m thinking that an old dugga boy would make good bait!).

After that I will likely revert to tracking hunts for eland. In my mind, a proper tracking hunt for eland is the best value in Africa.

I am not a species collector. I just like to hunt. If all I did in Africa from this point forward was tracking hunts for eland and buffalo, I would be content. I would like to take one truly large elephant, but I don’t think that will be in the budget.

May - delayed Kamchatka bear hunt.
August - PG hunt with Mike Taylor in Zambia
October - Alpine chamois in Austria along with vacation in Austria and Hungary with the lovely Mrs. Red Leg.

February - delayed Argentine red stag hunt with my son
May - Ibex and Roe Deer hunt in the Gredos mountains of Spain with vacation in Southern Spain and Morocco with the lovely Mrs. Red Leg
October - delayed Viking river cruise (does that count?) with the lovely Mrs. Red Leg

plotting another buffalo

2021 21 day July Family safari with Jamy Traut safaris PH Louw Lotter. Hippo and PG. this was delayed from 2020.

Fall 2021: idaho Elk, Montana elk/antelope/deer.
Cancelled 2020 events that may happen include the UK and Japan. If we go to Puerto Rico again for the Xmas holidays I want to hunt iguana.

2022?? The Mrs. lives to travel. She is coming around to the idea of dual purpose trips with some hunting. I’m hoping to hunt in the UK somewhere, as I’m sure we will be there. Assuming she enjoys the 2021 Safari, my chances of some type of repeat are good.

In 2021/2022, I need to play catch-up on my postponed hunts. Hopefully it works out like this
August 2021 Roe Deer in Poland (originally Aug 2020)
September 2021 Zambezi valley buffalo
January 2022 Cameroon eland (originally Dec 2020)
September 2022 Free range stag in north of Spain ( I may try to convert deposit to a beceite ibex/roe buck hunt in spring 2022, originally planned sept 2020)

Future hunts I would really like to do would be more roe buck hunting in Europe, buffalo or eland hunts in Southern Africa, musk ox/reindeer hunt in Greenland, Vaal rhebok hunt in Karoo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg