2023 SCI Convention in Nashville

Interested in going to the show; however, cannot find any details on exhibitors, seminars, etc.

here is the link i have looked at ... https://showsci.org/

Is there any more detailed info?

Well went on Sci site and went to hotels....clicked on the westin to book....Great till it came to filling in the information....where you put in email and then confirm email....well it wouldn't accept the email even though exactly correct, and reentered it bout 3 times....and no zip codes here...so used my brothers address ....didn't like that either....so tried to call hotel directly and got through to the bloody electronic system giving me number options...so put in reservations one and got another bloody electronic voice giving me options....but when I put in the number for new reservation it kept telling me to enter the option....I did but then cut me off...so tried again and waited ...eventually after all options were given the phone rang and a human...well think it was...answered ...I said please put me directly through to reservations...he did....then the connection with her was so bad couldn't hear much so asked her to speak up....then call cut....so fkn gave up....the fun of trying to do things from here....

is there cost other than membership?

Prices for the past 2021 Covention.

Screenshot_20220606-144649.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well went on Sci site and went to hotels....clicked on the westin to book....Great till it came to filling in the information....where you put in email and then confirm email....well it wouldn't accept the email even though exactly correct, and reentered it bout 3 times....and no zip codes here...so used my brothers address ....didn't like that either....so tried to call hotel directly and got through to the bloody electronic system giving me number options...so put in reservations one and got another bloody electronic voice giving me options....but when I put in the number for new reservation it kept telling me to enter the option....I did but then cut me off...so tried again and waited ...eventually after all options were given the phone rang and a human...well think it was...answered ...I said please put me directly through to reservations...he did....then the connection with her was so bad couldn't hear much so asked her to speak up....then call cut....so fkn gave up....the fun of trying to do things from here....
Hey do you want me to make a reservation for you? Tell me where, when, Louise going, etc… and I will get it handled. I will be seeing you in a month and we can settle up then? I will send you a WhatsApp.

This is good news, Nashville is closer for me and I can bring the whole family.

If you're driving, consider the parking situation. Not all of us have clown cars and open street parking can be hard to come by. Parking garages are in the downtown area, but most have low clearance, which my truck can't fit in. Its a short drive for us, so we'll either stay at the Joseph ($$$ but nice), or commute each day with the wife wagon.
For night time entertainment, watching the drunks on the party buses is interesting.

Edited to add that Uber is abundant so getting to/from the airport isn't a problem.

I've never gone to one before. I looked on their website for the breakdown of events and such, but nothings there. Do you all know when they will get that info posted?

I am located here in Nashville and will hopefully be hosting our Professional Hunters from Limpopo, South Africa that are planning to make the trek. I am looking forward to it.

If anybody needs directions or ideas for the trip in, dont hesitate to PM me.

Is there an age cut off or youth pricing for tickets...i've got an 11, 9, and a 3 year olds attending.

Well after trying again online a few times and not getting anywhere...and 2 more phone calls in last 12 hours ...1st one cut mid way ....this one went the distance and finally managed to book...well hope I did...awaiting email confirmation...unfortunately lot of the hotels were fully booked, but sci site had other options......glad I phoned as the Sci rate is a lot cheaper than the price I was shown online.....booked the AC Hotel by marriot...anyone know what it's like?.......just got email confirmation... :A Thumbs Up:

Well after trying again online a few times and not getting anywhere...and 2 more phone calls in last 12 hours ...1st one cut mid way ....this one went the distance and finally managed to book...well hope I did...awaiting email confirmation...unfortunately lot of the hotels were fully booked, but sci site had other options......glad I phoned as the Sci rate is a lot cheaper than the price I was shown online.....booked the AC Hotel by marriot...anyone know what it's like?.......just got email confirmation... :A Thumbs Up:

All the downtown hotels are new, or recently completely remodeled. AC is no different. It is actually 3 brand hotels under one roof. It was completed in 2019 and is popular due to its location. You should be quite happy there. Walk everywhere.

In Europe there‘s only one good show and that’s in Dortmund but even there the number of foreign outfitters and country’s is very limited. Because I’m doing some research for new hunting trips (Alaska, BC, Zambia, Zimbabwe) I was wondering if the conventions of SCI or DSC are bigger and have more to offer than Dortmund.
I’ve to fly in from the Netherlands so that’s quite a trip in itself.

Reactions: WAB
In Europe there‘s only one good show and that’s in Dortmund but even there the number of foreign outfitters and country’s is very limited. Because I’m doing some research for new hunting trips (Alaska, BC, Zambia, Zimbabwe) I was wondering if the conventions of SCI or DSC are bigger and have more to offer than Dortmund.
I’ve to fly in from the Netherlands so that’s quite a trip in itself.

Either show would have what you are looking for. I prefer DSC but they are both excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graciehayward01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg