2023 SCI Convention in Nashville

The Omni, Drury, Hilton, etc… are all right by the convention center within easy walking distance. Omni most expensive. We chose the Drury due to free hot breakfast and free drinks and snacks at the 5:30pm “Kickback” or happy hour. We aren’t big drinkers but this will be a welcome change after Vegas prices for a $15 beer, cocktail or a glass of wine and a $30 breakfast.
Yep. I just booked Drury for under $300 per night

When the NRA Annual Meeting was scheduled to be in Nashville in 2020, we had reserved a hotel just north of the airport. There seem to be a lot of decent places in the less than $100 a night category.

The last time the NRA was actually held there I stayed at a hotel near Opryland. I found that you could avoid a lot of the worst traffic if you came in on Donelson Pike rather than I-40. Things might have changed since then.

Actually Donaldson Pike, although can get a bit congested, and Briley Parkway are the best ways, traffic wise to downtown.

Seems whenever the state government or a Titans game is in town prices seem to significantly increase then decrease after the game is over or government leaves.

Nashville will be a terrific trip for anyone wishing to come. Great part is once downtown there are a half dozen areas with short drive/walk each with their own personality(Broadway, The Gulch, Germantown, East Nashville, etc.) All have great restaurants, live music venues/bars. The hospitality is still warm and southern. Unfortunately, with the popularity of Nashville has come much higher hotel rates. Good news is that there are at least 10 new major hotels downtown, and the convention center is world class being the largest under one roof east of the Mississippi.

So come and enjoy the hospitality, great food, bars and venues for every taste, and a fabulous convention that for once is very easy to get to for the majority of the country.

I have lived in Nashville for 35+ years, am on the board of the Music City SCI chapter, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Nashville will be a terrific trip for anyone wishing to come. Great part is once downtown there are a half dozen areas with short drive/walk each with their own personality(Broadway, The Gulch, Germantown, East Nashville, etc.) All have great restaurants, live music venues/bars. The hospitality is still warm and southern. Unfortunately, with the popularity of Nashville has come much higher hotel rates. Good news is that there are at least 10 new major hotels downtown, and the convention center is world class being the largest under one roof east of the Mississippi.

So come and enjoy the hospitality, great food, bars and venues for every taste, and a fabulous convention that for once is very easy to get to for the majority of the country.

I have lived in Nashville for 35+ years, am on the board of the Music City SCI chapter, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

+1

More hunters in the eastern U.S. Now you see it from our side
Just don't care, and not going to support it. I'll probably go to the Salt Lick expo next year, maybe sheep but probably not.

Thanks for the information. Which hotels do you recommend near the convention hall? Live somewhat local but easier to stay one night at least. Thanks in advance, TheGrayRider.

Rush hour(s) is the same in any big city. It’s not any worse or better then anywhere else. But you only have the problem driving into and out of Nashville the rest of the time your downtown.
Exactly!

Just don't care, and not going to support it. I'll probably go to the Salt Lick expo next year, maybe sheep but probably not.
Conservation is not always convenient. We need everyone to support SCI in every way they can. Otherwise fun forums like this will be a thing of the past Along with our hunting heritage.

And for those of you fortunate enough to be driving across the MS River, never say there's no LV in TN! Check this out (and get some real Memphis BBQ while you do!) It's quite a treat to visit this region on the way or way back from post-holiday deer hunting down in TX.
1648997121328.png

People will be more apt to bring the entire family. It will likely prove to be a smart move.

Thanks for the information. Which hotels do you recommend near the convention hall? Live somewhat local but easier to stay one night at least. Thanks in advance, TheGrayRider.

Depends on budget really. Any of the hotels in the immediate downtown area are great, but expensive. Walk really from any of them. As you move away from downtown, the prices will drop but then you will need to drive(+$25 for the parking) or Uber. Everything downtown from Westin to Drury Inn, Embassy Suites to Marriott, plus a lot of boutique hotels. Just google downtown Nashville hotels and see rates and distance from Convention Center. Hope this helps.

Here is advice for those of you that don't have unlimited budgets AND not familiar with Nashville, such as ME.
Google SCI Convention 2023 Nashville. You should quickly get to a page where at the top right is HOTELs. Click it. It will immediately show the high rise hotels in downtown that SCI recommends. About $267 to $330 per night. All walking distance to the convention center. Now for a surprise that makes no sense. If you look up the Holiday Inn Expresses downtown, they are up to $100 per night more expensive than the recommended high rises. Plus if you drive your own car, as someone above mentioned, plan on about $25.00 per night to park it. Now to save some money if you choose to go this route,

Whether you drive or fly in. Stay in a Holiday Inn Express near the airport. about $160 per night. Use Uber to drop you off at the convention then call back another uber when you have had all you can stand. For me, if I go I will go to the convention 1 day, then take another Uber to drop me off downtown to sight see the second day. On Sunday fly back home. Whatever you choose to do....Good Luck.

P.S. All of the estimated hotel costs I listed are for one person.

One other point I will make. Nashville being a hot tourist destination has developed a huge network of VRBO rentals. This can be a great budget route for folks traveling as families, or groups. Most of these are convenient to Nashville as downtown is the destination for most of the tourist market.

Here is advice for those of you that don't have unlimited budgets AND not familiar with Nashville, such as ME.
Google SCI Convention 2023 Nashville. You should quickly get to a page where at the top right is HOTELs. Click it. It will immediately show the high rise hotels in downtown that SCI recommends. About $267 to $330 per night. All walking distance to the convention center. Now for a surprise that makes no sense. If you look up the Holiday Inn Expresses downtown, they are up to $100 per night more expensive than the recommended high rises. Plus if you drive your own car, as someone above mentioned, plan on about $25.00 per night to park it. Now to save some money if you choose to go this route,

Whether you drive or fly in. Stay in a Holiday Inn Express near the airport. about $160 per night. Use Uber to drop you off at the convention then call back another uber when you have had all you can stand. For me, if I go I will go to the convention 1 day, then take another Uber to drop me off downtown to sight see the second day. On Sunday fly back home. Whatever you choose to do....Good Luck.

Does SCI make arrangement$ with these hotel chains or is it the typical hunting season "convertible pricing" that many retailers opt to use??

Does SCI make arrangement$ with these hotel chains or is it the typical hunting season "convertible pricing" that many retailers opt to use??
Go to the SCI Convention 2023. At first you will see pics and info on the last 2022 convention in Vegas. Then on the top right of the third or fourth page you will see "Hotels", click on it. it will take you to the SCI connected high rise hotels in downtown Nashville.

Does SCI make arrangement$ with these hotel chains??
Go to the SCI Convention 2023. At first you will see pics and info on the last 2022 convention in Vegas. Then on the top right of the third or fourth page you will see "Hotels", click on it. it will take you to the SCI connected high rise hotels in downtown Nashville.
My question was more along the lines of what they'd term a vigorish for SCI in LV and Reno! ;) lol

Does SCI make arrangement$ with these hotel chains??

My question was more along the lines of what they'd term a vigorish for SCI in LV and Reno! ;) lol
Yes there are room blocks at all the big convention hotels close By. The rooms are filling up quickly at the close ones. I waited too long to get into the Omni so I made a reservation at the Westin. My wife likes the Westin.
DO NOT DELAY getting your hotels for SCI! This is going to be unprecedented in many ways and trust me you want to be there. We must set up some AH get togethers.
If I can help with questions DM me please.
Regards,
Philip

Guess it’s a good thing I made my Omni reservations early. At that time they were cheaper as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindiac

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg