2023 SCI Convention in Nashville

Wife, grandson and I spent the day at the show, chance to see old friends, make some new ones, see a lot of great exhibits and attend several presentations. Very happy to know they will be holding SCI in Nashville for the next few years, far superior to Vegas IMO. Next year will schedule for the whole week as I know we did not see everything we wanted to.

I think Indy is in 2027, not positive though. It’s going to be in New Orleans a couple of times as well over the next few years.

I was told by one of the reps it will be in Nashville this year, then 2024 and 2025, three years total going to New Orleans in 2026

@spike.t here ya go.

9E18CA22-D8B4-4AB5-B1E7-35039E5025C8.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Take your kevlar vests with you to NO. What a schitttthole.
Like any city, New Orleans does have its bad spots. However, it is truly one of the great tourist towns and has a unique culture and incredible food.

@JGRaider, appears you don't like the Crescent City, so perhaps you should try Cleveland.

1677334908239.png

New Orleans is indeed a true shithole. Not as bad as it was several years ago. That said, it is my favorite town. The wife and I love it We go several times a year and are excited about SCI there.

wouldn’t live there though

I can see where moving SCI around would be a PITA for outfitters, due to their having to store and transport their booth setups.
As just an attendee, I like the idea of moving it around. Living in OH, I was able to make make the seven hour drive to Nashville. My brother and I drove down on Wednesday, spent spent Thursday and most of Friday at the show and drove home Friday evening. It was so relaxing not to have to deal with airlines and TSA.
it was great to see people I’ve hunted with: Ade Langley (KOS) and Jamy Traut and his team again. I also met a couple of people from this site.
The only ”problem” that occurred at this show was, I think I caught the double rifle bug. Damn those Heyms are nice!

New Orleans isn’t my favorite town, but I live near St. Louis. Mogadishu is safer! I won’t be put off by petty crime. I truly enjoyed Nashville this time. Good venue and the variety of dinning and entertainment options was just great! I’m glad it’ll be there again next year.

I really enjoyed the SCI Convention. Met some old friends, new friends and found too many ways to spend my money. Great place.

Being from Louisiana and having gone to school in New Orleans for seven years after college, I wish the future conventions were somewhere else. It is a place I can do without.

I really enjoyed the SCI Convention. Met some old friends, new friends and found too many ways to spend my money. Great place.

Being from Louisiana and having gone to school in New Orleans for seven years after college, I wish the future conventions were somewhere else. It is a place I can do without.
I'm on the northshore and Nola has gotten so bad I avoid it whenever I can. I'll definitely do the first SCI show and take a huge chance my car will be there or even maybe not broken into . I saw the schedule where it's Nola one year, Indy, then Nola again. I would be absolutely surprised if after the first time here, they come back.
This city has absolutely fantastic food and sights, but it's a mess. Last week for Mardi Gras 19 people were arrested for illegal firearms. The DA office dismissed ALL 19. I could go on and on but this is supposed to be a fun site about hunting.

I only attended today, and will do two days next year, one day wasn't enough. I and a cousin were very impressed! No hunts scheduled but got lots of literature for a future Cape Buffalo hunt.

I only attended today, and will do two days next year, one day wasn't enough. I and a cousin were very impressed! No hunts scheduled but got lots of literature for a future Cape Buffalo hunt.
I have a good contact for a buffalo hunt in RSA as well if you need one.

We spent a few hours Friday and I agree, definitely takes at least a full day.

Seems the only people who think NOLA is great are the ones with little to no personal experience. My uncle and cousins all lived in Luling for the better part of my life. As mentioned, the food is the only thing it has going for it.

Glad you made it. When the time comes for another trip, I found some great options.

Like any city, New Orleans does have its bad spots. However, it is truly one of the great tourist towns and has a unique culture and incredible food.

@JGRaider, appears you don't like the Crescent City, so perhaps you should try Cleveland.

View attachment 519727
It has gotten really bad. I mean really bad.
Glad you made it. When the time comes for another trip, I found some great options.
from the photos I saw, there seemed to be lots of mounts and firearms, but what about new cool innovative hunting gear? I recall @Red Leg posted that big deer stand from DSC. Does SCI have things like that too?

No love loss for me with Vegas.

I've been there three times.

Don't care to go again.

Why does SCI even bother with "blue states". Give DSC plenty of room, but support the economies of the states that support hunting and gun rights.

Let the rest of them wither on the vine...

If the attendees need to gamble, there are red states that can accommodate that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,