2020 Ruger African?

Was hoping to see a 300 HH!
Action/Chamber not big enough for a .300 HH. Wished for it myself for two years before I found why it can't happen.

I think the round is too long for that action. Yes that would have been nice, or .318 WR. There is always next year?
I would be willing to send my money in advance for a 318 WR!

Me too. How cool that would be!!
I fell in love with a WR takedown at DSC that was chambered as such. I shot a wonderful waterbuck with it a couple nights later in my dreams and it was flawless perfection. One day....

Just went on Lipseys website they have a 280 AI Hawkeye African listed so looks like that’s what it will be for 2020. Maybe next year they will make the 318 hopefully,

Anybody hear anything about a Ruger African release for 2020? My sales rep at Lipsey’s said he knows nothing for this coming year. A .318 WR, .300 HH, or even 8x57 would be great choices in my opinion...
Glenn Slaven
How bout a 425 Wesley Richards or a 404 Jeffery, now that would be cool
Cheers mate Bob

Or a .404 Ruger. .416 Ruger necked up it .423”
How about 458RUGER...who wouldn't want that?
And has a little better selection of bullets in 458 caliber over the 423 caliber.
Not sure if the case will allow enough space to give a shoulder for proper headspacing.
May have to blow out the case to do that and still make it fit in 30-06 action.

Probably a lost cause anyway.
The 450RIGBY is already doing what they would want to do in a rimless/un-belted cartridge.
Question is, could they get the same (or better velocities) using the same bullets in a shorter case.
Not likely.
If they did, it would probably look like a bigger version of the 25WSSM cartridge...AKA feeding issues.

I've already talked myself out of it...
Back to the possibility of a 404RUGER.

1603179195234.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg