2020 Ruger African?

I have read that Steyr made some of their model M rifles in 7.5 Swiss but they would be exceedingly rare. I don't know of any other maker to chamber for it.
I see Blaser has them for the R8, but I don’t see the benefit of buying a barrel for it. A whole new rifle, yeah, new toy, but barrels are boring. Lol

I just bought one at Sportsman's Warehouse in USA. Always wanted a 9.3x62, but the selection in the States for this caliber is very sparse. I wrote to several US manufacturers including CZ, Montana, Nosler, Winchester and Ruger/Lipsey's requesting they offer this caliber. I don't know if I influenced Ruger, but I like the final product. Winchester M70 Alaskan would have also been great in this caliber.

I had to special order the ammo, because new California rules prevent me from buying it online. The rifle is lighter than I expected. Haven't shot it yet, so can't comment on the accuracy or the recoil.

Drop a pic when you get the rilfe.

Didn’t they introduce the the 375 Ruger because their actions wouldn’t handle the H&H OAL. I wouldn’t hold my breath for a 300 Holland.
No because the shorter action was cheaper to build.

The answer on the 223 is that it was intended as a practice rifle. It has the same general dimensions, sights, action, and is even fairly heavy. Meant to be a cheap to feed alternative to get practice for your upcoming Safari where you would use a heavier caliber Ruger Hawkeye African. I would even say it is close enough to serve as practice for an RSM.

I own one, yes it does not have the ebony fore end but is still a good looking rifle.

One guy told me the original marketing plan was to sell them to shooting clubs to make available to members practicing for a Safari. Supposedly only 125 made, half of the recent runs.
I used the .223 at SAAM Safari Shooting school. Just as you suggest for practice. I believe it was SAAM that had the first ones built.
Philip

Well that is disappointing to here, although, like Wyatt I think I have heard that before from somewhere. I guess I'll just keep looking for another M70 XTR in great condition and have a smith "Africanize" it!
P.S. Another possibility would be to hit the Tulsa show in early November and look for one there. Those of you that have been are aware that you can find most anything there if willing to pay for it. Haven't been in 4 years. Probably need to get up off my dying a... and go!
I’d like to go to that show sometime

Called our Lipsey rep the other day and he said he still hasn’t been told anything. Talked to Ruger guys at DSC and said they didn’t know either (of course they may be doing secret squirrel stuff)

Called our Lipsey rep the other day and he said he still hasn’t been told anything. Talked to Ruger guys at DSC and said they didn’t know either (of course they may be doing secret squirrel stuff)
...bastards with their secret squirrel stuff.
How much longer do you think?

I
...bastards with their secret squirrel stuff.
How much longer do you think?
I know I’m eager to hear what they are going to do hoping for 318 Westley Richards. I have the 9.3x62 and 275 Rigby already so hoping for a new one this year.

I

I know I’m eager to hear what they are going to do hoping for 318 Westley Richards. I have the 9.3x62 and 275 Rigby already so hoping for a new one this year.
Welcome to AH.

A thread was started on 24hrcampfire saying that someone called them and asked. They were told 280AI. o_O

280AI...the Ford Edsel of the shooting world.
Welp.....
upload_2020-1-29_19-11-13.png

On the bright side...it's better than a 6.5CM

Wonder who they talked to that said the 280AI is an African classic cartridge? I like it, but it should be in a sheep hunting rifle! Boo! But I’m sure I will still buy one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemsbond

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.