2020 Ruger African?

Was hoping to see a 300 HH!
Action/Chamber not big enough for a .300 HH. Wished for it myself for two years before I found why it can't happen.

I think the round is too long for that action. Yes that would have been nice, or .318 WR. There is always next year?
I would be willing to send my money in advance for a 318 WR!

Me too. How cool that would be!!
I fell in love with a WR takedown at DSC that was chambered as such. I shot a wonderful waterbuck with it a couple nights later in my dreams and it was flawless perfection. One day....

Just went on Lipseys website they have a 280 AI Hawkeye African listed so looks like that’s what it will be for 2020. Maybe next year they will make the 318 hopefully,

Anybody hear anything about a Ruger African release for 2020? My sales rep at Lipsey’s said he knows nothing for this coming year. A .318 WR, .300 HH, or even 8x57 would be great choices in my opinion...
Glenn Slaven
How bout a 425 Wesley Richards or a 404 Jeffery, now that would be cool
Cheers mate Bob

Or a .404 Ruger. .416 Ruger necked up it .423”
How about 458RUGER...who wouldn't want that?
And has a little better selection of bullets in 458 caliber over the 423 caliber.
Not sure if the case will allow enough space to give a shoulder for proper headspacing.
May have to blow out the case to do that and still make it fit in 30-06 action.

Probably a lost cause anyway.
The 450RIGBY is already doing what they would want to do in a rimless/un-belted cartridge.
Question is, could they get the same (or better velocities) using the same bullets in a shorter case.
Not likely.
If they did, it would probably look like a bigger version of the 25WSSM cartridge...AKA feeding issues.

I've already talked myself out of it...
Back to the possibility of a 404RUGER.

1603179195234.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusM4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you