ZIMBABWE: Off To Zimbabwe With AH Friends

View attachment 480237View attachment 480238I have heard so many good reports on YouTube and from our own @Philip Glass about Qsuites on Qatar Airways that I bookEd one for this incredibly long journey.
Four of us will meet up in Dallas and fly Qatar to Doha. Toby will fly out of Atlanta and meet us in Doha. From there it’s on to Lusaka, Zambia. We will only be on the ground less than two hours then on to Harare, Zimbabwe.
Then we have a charter plane taking us to a strip near the camp. 30 hours in the air so I wonder how much I can sleep and how many movies I can watch? Bourbon in copious amounts should induce the necessary sleep.
Sounds like an amazing time! I Just flew that Quater leg from Dallas to Doha. Those suites certainly ease the stress of 14 to 16 hours flight time. My advice is no matter what the airline connecting to Dallas is, Quatar doesn't honor the boarding pass or the gun check. Personal experience, I was trying to explain it to the American agent. Sad when the customer knows more about the airline regs than the ticket agent. Great that you can go as a group!

Good luck to all, safe travels. Will be watching for updates.

Hope all concerned have a great trip!

Sounds like a lifetime adventures that will lead to many stories being told by the campfire for many years to come. I look forward to hearing about your trip.

Jealous.

On a side note, York is supposed to have a shirt or two for me if someone on this trip will bring them back for me.

Have fun all. Safe travels!

OH ENVY!!! This is going to be an epic adventure!

Ooooh!!! Can’t wait to be reading about your adventures! This promises to be another great one! Woohoo!!!! I smell ele and buff in your future ;)

Have a great trip, Zimbabwe is awesome.

Sounds like an amazing time! I Just flew that Quater leg from Dallas to Doha. Those suites certainly ease the stress of 14 to 16 hours flight time. My advice is no matter what the airline connecting to Dallas is, Quatar doesn't honor the boarding pass or the gun check. Personal experience, I was trying to explain it to the American agent. Sad when the customer knows more about the airline regs than the ticket agent. Great that you can go as a group!
I am flying their partner American Airlines. So are you saying that I should tell the counter agent that I want to claim my bag and gun in Dallas and then take them to Qatar.?

Guys, I assume you will be flying to site from Harare airport? If per chance you are driving brace yourselves, that road is a challenge! Enjoy the buildup.
We are flying thank goodness

Jealous.

On a side note, York is supposed to have a shirt or two for me if someone on this trip will bring them back for me.
If you will contact him and let him know I would be happy to bring the shirts back

I am flying their partner American Airlines. So are you saying that I should tell the counter agent that I want to claim my bag and gun in Dallas and then take them to Qatar.?
Welll.... I tried that. They said NO WAY YOU HAVE TO CHECK THEM ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!! I just shook my head and looked at them like they were the stupidest animals on the planet. The solution is as soon as you land in Dallas go directly through to the exterior ticket counter for Qatar. Tell them you have to clear a firearm and show them the baggage claim ticket. (make sure you know which ticket is for your gun) Then it's back through TSA and to the gate where they will print you a new boarding pass (along with the other hundred people on your flight.) It would be simpler to claim your bags....
Unless you get a different ticket agent that knows what is going on. You can make it work, it's just not simple. American claims to be a partner with Qatar on the OneWorld platform but Qatar just does things their own way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross