Man, I am ready to go back already!
It is such a great place with such wonderful people. I enjoyed Tanzania (report yet to come) but missed the comraderie of Dalton & Yorks camp with you guys. There was something genuinely fun about being there. Maybe the dangerous nature of the hunt makes the personal connections all the more impactful.
Regards,
Philip

Very nice. Umi camp will always be special to me
There is just something about it. Even though most of it is older it is just a classic safari camp. You can feel tye history there.

I’ve been waiting for your report! Well done and congrats!
Thanks Scott. It was such a good time. I cant wait for next August.

Great write up Philip and congratulations! Two questions please 1. What was the distance for your shots on your elephant and Buffalo? 2. Did you take your new Blazer sticks or did you just use Daltons 3 leg sticks?

thanks!
Craig,
I took my Blaser sticks but only used them in Tanzania. I just used Yorks three leg traditional sticks.
My buffalo was 50 yards and the elephant was maybe 35-40 yards. It was stressful so its hard for me to recall exactly on the ele.
I believe my shot distances were about what you can expect in that area.
Regards,
Philip

Sounds like it was a great hunt. Thanks for sharing.
Were you able to put the double and R8 in a short case for travel?
No I rarely do that. On this trip I had my Pelican 2 gun case that has been around the world and still going. I took my Kreighoff .470 and my R8 .300Win. Also in the case was my Blaser quad sticks for Tanzania and a gear bag with odds and ends like gun cleaning stuff, duct tape, extra locks, etc.
On the airlines you get 2X50lbs as your baggage allowance on an economy ticket. I dont want everything on my back so I take advantage of the weight allowance and put some things in my Pelican 2 gun case. I was pretty heavy for this trip as it was 2 safaris back to back. I had the gun case at around 47lbs and the Pelican suitcase at 53+- but I was flying business on Qatar so I had 2X70 as my baggage allowance.

Congratulations on a great hunt.

@Philip Glass we had a good trip for sure! Thank you for organizing the group!

Wow, what an amazing trip. Thanks for taking us along with your wonderful report. (y) One day, I'll make it there. :)

(y)

sounds like a fantastic hunt. thanks for sharing and taking us along for the ride!

Excellent write up, congrats on the animals you killed and will be on the lookout for that episode on TIA.

Great safari and great report. Enjoyed just closing my eyes and imagining I was back in Zim. Be in south Zim in early December.

I’ve been waiting for your write up with great anticipation. You’re account didn’t disappoint. You finally got your hyena as well as the tuskless and a nice buff. The civet and jackel were nice bonuses. Maybe next year you’ll get that grysbuck.
Looking forward to your Tanzania report.

@Philip Glass we had a good trip for sure! Thank you for organizing the group!
Thanks! It was a great time with a great group of guys. So good to get to know everyone better while on safari!

Well done, Philip. Thank you for a very enjoyable write up! Can't wait to see the episode on TIA. Any idea when it might air?
There will be several episodes and they should air early next year.
Stay tuned!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross