ZAMBIA: Zambian Adventure At Takeri Game Reserve

tonight is so bloody hot again ,
woke at 230 hot and windy ,still ,laid there drinking water and listening to the hippos ,pissing and moaning about something .
there sound is becoming the norm , and im really going to miss it in a couple of days.
the dawn just got hotter ,this day was the hottest by far , since arriving in this garden of eden.
on the way up stream this morning there was wildlife everywhere , all the usual , hippo , crocs , water and bush buck . fish eagles were out. and kilpspringers ,

1138.JPG
1225.JPG
fishing is quiet today .
1260.JPG

we are right up the park
out of the wind most of the time
so its real hot
me and patsy go for a bit of dip .
not many aussies would've had the opportunity to do this , I rekon

at lunch we have a picnic on the bank few beers and lots of laughs .
patsy has her siesta
while we half hartedly fish
today pete landed 2 ,I got 1 and patsy and spike were out for a duck .
we fished our way back to kingfisher
returned after dark , another cracker feed , and a skin full of drinks
I cant imagine returning back to my normal life ,after this trip . im dreading it .....
slept like a baby tonight , never even woke ,till I smelt the boys fueling up mikes boat ,at dawn .

"today pete landed 2 ,I got 1 and patsy and spike were out for a duck "

yup i was too busy keeping an eye on you after you had developed a taste for baptizing yourself in the zambezi.....:D Beer Bottle::D Beer Bottle: then:P Diver::P Swimmer::P Swimmer:......my excuse anyway :E Big Grin:

the rest of the pictures ,never loaded . will reload them later in the morning . sorry service is in and out down here

25 hours and 49 throws at my net , and its hanging off the back of the boat .......:giggle::giggle::LOL:(y)(y)(y)(y)
a heap of rotten fish in it and plenty of net work to do , but its mine again ..........
time to fill some boxes........

Congrats on the recovery bluey!

I love how in this day in age, someone still knows how to do real work when it comes to net work and is not talking all hip about networking;)

Well done, Bluey :D Cheers:

"today pete landed 2 ,I got 1 and patsy and spike were out for a duck "

yup i was too busy keeping an eye on you after you had developed a taste for baptizing yourself in the zambezi.....:D Beer Bottle::D Beer Bottle: then:P Diver::P Swimmer::P Swimmer:......my excuse anyway :E Big Grin:

Given the residents of that river it is kind of important to have a spotter! or at least a witness..

Last edited:
Given the residents of that river it is kind of important to have a spotter! or at least a witness..

yup wayne, but as i would have hated to spill my mosi by attempting any quick actions :eek:...the laid back witness was the mode to be in.......then at least we would have known he was going to be croc sh-t........:E Lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
yup wayne, but as i would have hated to spill my mosi by attempting any quick actions :eek:...the laid back witness was the mode to be in.......then at least we would have known he was going to be croc sh-t........:E Lol:

Oh I can see this now.....

Mike (in best Prince Philip voice): Oh look Patsy, our friend bluey has chosen to scrum with a crocodile....ole man is daft!

Patsy (in best Queen Elizabeth voice): I do say, that is a poor choice indeed....shall we retire to the dining room love?

Both with tea cups properly held close to the dish in right hand with the dish supported by the left, chest height.
Okay, no I don't why I come up with this crap in my head. I work in an office, can you tell?

your one sick ,puppy
get outside , and get your self some fresh air , bro ......

Mike (in best Prince Philip voice): Oh look Patsy, our friend bluey has chosen to scrum with a crocodile....ole man is daft!

Patsy (in best Queen Elizabeth voice): I do say, that is a poor choice indeed....shall we retire to the dining room love?

Both with tea cups properly held close to the dish in right hand with the dish supported by the left, chest height.
Okay, no I don't why I come up with this crap in my head. I work in an office, can you tell?

phil you have totally lost it!!!:A Banana::A Banana::A Banana::A Banana::A Exam::A Wacko::E Crazy::E Loopy::D Drunk::A Stars:.................................:ROFLMAO:

Well I picked the wrong time to go out of town and I'm just now see this thread!!!

Can't wait to read it!!!!!!, been waiting since before bluey left for the hunt!

Well at least @Wheels thought it was funny..... probably doesn't speak well of him however.

I'm on an evening pass from the asylum. I'm in a great mood and everything is funny.:D

th

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 141

As far as i can remember, considering the temperature and beer consumption, there was some posh-ness to Mike that day...

If i recall correctly, he was about to start slaying the tiger fish with his brand new TigerWakka... A fancy looking new spinner that was going to make us all look like we were wasting our time!!
So Mike takes to the front of the boat, commands his new TigerWakka to go catch him a fish, sends it hurtling into the sky above the Zambezi River to search out a monster, only to have his line snap mid cast and watch his new "special" lure go arcing gracefully into the depths of the Zambezi!!
To which his response in a most posh tone was "Oh, F**k!!"
He then promptly wound up his line, sat back in the captains chair and enjoyed the rest of his day, staying well hydrated of course!
:P Fisherman::A Surrender::D Beer Bottle::E Big Grin:

As far as i can remember, considering the temperature and beer consumption, there was some posh-ness to Mike that day...

If i recall correctly, he was about to start slaying the tiger fish with his brand new TigerWakka... A fancy looking new spinner that was going to make us all look like we were wasting our time!!
So Mike takes to the front of the boat, commands his new TigerWakka to go catch him a fish, sends it hurtling into the sky above the Zambezi River to search out a monster, only to have his line snap mid cast and watch his new "special" lure go arcing gracefully into the depths of the Zambezi!!
To which his response in a most posh tone was "Oh, F**k!!"
He then promptly wound up his line, sat back in the captains chair and enjoyed the rest of his day, staying well hydrated of course!
:P Fisherman::A Surrender::D Beer Bottle::E Big Grin:

o_O Oh F---K pete thanks for reminding me of my tragic loss of the TigerWakka..........:A Banana Sad:but your description had me :E Lol:
TLS-Gold1.jpg
RIP

Attachments

• TLS-Gold1.jpg
    TLS-Gold1.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 152

Don't forget to picture Mike holding the tea cup with his pinky finger pointed out in the proper fashion :E Wow:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross