ZAMBIA: 2018 Hunt With Strang Middleton In 2 Different Areas Of The Country

Day 12-13.... Livingstone and Vic Falls

After the hunting portion of the trip sadly came to end, we headed to the falls for 1 1/2 days. After saying our goodbyes to Strang, we checked into the David Livingston Lodge right on the Zambezi. A short time after checking in we got on the sunset cruise. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who stays on the river either in Zim or Zam. Saw lots of hippo and croc, a bushbuck, and lots of elephant.

This place has a few chefs on staff, and the meals were fantastic!!!

93.jpg
110.jpg
94.jpg
92.jpg
thumbnail (23).jpg
thumbnail (57).jpg
thumbnail (62).jpg

And finally a few pics of the falls and a cheers to Zambia!!! What a fantastic time with hunting with Strang in a beautiful country.....

DSC02012.JPG
DSC02033.JPG
DSC02060.JPG
DSC02009.JPG
104.jpg

What a fantastic trip. You got some very nice Zambian species and a heap of memmories. Thanks for taking us on your journey. I am jealous.

Great Safari and enjoyable report. You took some fine trophies and certainly enjoyed all that Zambia has to offer. Thanks again for sharing with us.

P.S. - You made me thirsty for a Mosi on more than one occasion!

Great trip, thanks for the report. Really enjoyed following along in the adventure. Incredible animals too

An awesome hunt and a terrific report. Loved every bit of it. It must have been a thrill to hunt in Zambia and take some of the not-so-common PG species like the puku and red lechwe. I particularly loved your lechwe with the heavy broomed off horns. I think it would take me a month to get back into work after a safari like this.

Great safari! Congrats on some great trophies. What a strong finish. Good old animals.
Bruce

Great Safari and enjoyable report. You took some fine trophies and certainly enjoyed all that Zambia has to offer. Thanks again for sharing with us.

P.S. - You made me thirsty for a Mosi on more than one occasion!

Thank you sir!! I am thirsty for one myself!! Honestly one of the better beers I've ever tasted, but that's just me!

An awesome hunt and a terrific report. Loved every bit of it. It must have been a thrill to hunt in Zambia and take some of the not-so-common PG species like the puku and red lechwe. I particularly loved your lechwe with the heavy broomed off horns. I think it would take me a month to get back into work after a safari like this.

Yes sir, I definitely wanted to take the Zambian specific pg species on this trip, and was fortunate to do so! I was really pleased that I was able to take so many older males on this trip. I too love the character of that old and half blind Lechwe(y)

Great trip, thanks for the report. Really enjoyed following along in the adventure. Incredible animals too

Thanks sir! Dream trip for sure!

Charles thank you for sharing such a fine report. You had a great trip as always.

Charles, am I jealous of such a fine trip! Thanks again for allowing us to live it through your experience!

Zambia is on my radar. Be interested on how it is getting trophies back to US. About all mine will be euro mounts from now on.

What an excellent hunt. You got yourself some really unique trophies! Congratulations.

Great report Charles, thanks for taking us along. Nice lizard, sable and puku. Love the old wore down lechwe and bushbuck. Do you have an open mouth pic of the hippo?

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a great hunt. The falls are a special place. Glad you were able to spend some time there.

Great report Charles, thanks for taking us along. Nice lizard, sable and puku. Love the old wore down lechwe and bushbuck. Do you have an open mouth pic of the hippo?

Yes sir! Enjoyed reliving the hunt myself while writing it out(y) Sorry no open mouth pic of the hippo..

Thanks for sharing Charles!

Zambia is on my really short list now. And I totally agree on the local animals. I don't so lists anymore per see, but Puku in particular will be something I keep an open eye for.

And I totally agree on the local animals. I don't so lists anymore per see, but Puku in particular will be something I keep an open eye for.

I tried not to put too much pressure on, but yeah I really wanted to take a few local species on this trip! So glad I was able to take puku, kafue lechwe, and Lichtenstein hartebeest!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg