AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
PA, NM, ND, Al, FL, MD, Eastern Cape South Africa, Zimbabwe x 2
Well done, thank you for such a detailed report and all the pictures!

Great trophies from Zambia and Vic Falls brings back memories from last year!

Hunting Sailor

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAHGCA
Hunted
South Africa, Sweden, Austria
Great report. You sure didn’t disappoint us this time either. Much appreciated. Congratulations!

Last edited:

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Great report, I saw travel day and thought he trip was over but you were just getting started! Awesome animals congratulations!

Scott CWO

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
Congrats on the Safari. Thanks for the report. Reports are the next best thing to being there.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Great report, I saw travel day and thought he trip was over but you were just getting started! Awesome animals congratulations!

Thanks sir! Yes we still had to have some more fun (y)

kevin masters

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
us mexico alaska south africa
Great report and some awesome pic's! I am wanting to take my wife to Zambia next year, but I also really want a waterbuck?
and it seems they dont have them in zam. Did you really enjoy vic falls and what all did you do there?

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Great report and some awesome pic's! I am wanting to take my wife to Zambia next year, but I also really want a waterbuck?
and it seems they dont have them in zam. Did you really enjoy vic falls and what all did you do there?

Thanks for the comment!

Yes there are waterbuck there, both common and defassa. We saw waterbuck every day while hunting and had multiple opportunities at them if we were after them.

The Falls were great! We went to the national park and walked all the trails, went to the Livingston Museum, curio shopping, sunset cruise... all recommended!

kevin masters

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
us mexico alaska south africa
Thanks for the comment!

Yes there are waterbuck there, both common and defassa. We saw waterbuck every day while hunting and had multiple opportunities at them if we were after them.

The Falls were great! We went to the national park and walked all the trails, went to the Livingston Museum, curio shopping, sunset cruise... all recommended!

Thank you for the response. when I read you reply I laughed, waterbuck is most definitely on my list and I guess my mind wasnt working.
My other target animal is nayala and I havent seen them on any outfitters sights? do you know if they are not in this region?

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Day 1...

Since we got into camp about 10 pm and to sleep about midnight the previous night, we "sleep in" till about 6:30/7:00. Up for a nice breakfast of eggs and real American style bacon. Certainly wasn't expecting that this far out here! Its a overcast morning, Strang says its rained a little bit each of the last two days and looks like we could get some today. The temp is very pleasant, high 50's or so, but would warn up to the 70's or low 80's once the sun came out later. The camp is right on the Luangwa river, beautiful setting. Here are a few pics of the river view day 1 and some of camp. The first few pics are the view from the eating area!

View attachment 242691 View attachment 242692 View attachment 242693 View attachment 242694 View attachment 242695
That looks very familiar, is that Chikwa?

superdutch

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA life member
Hunted
SA East Cape (‘19) Tanzania ('18) Namibia ('15, '17), USA - AK, CO, ID, NM, SC, FL, GA, WI, TX
Fantastic report - I really enjoyed it! Thank you for taking the time to write it. Great trip and trophies!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted

superdutch

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA life member
Hunted
SA East Cape (‘19) Tanzania ('18) Namibia ('15, '17), USA - AK, CO, ID, NM, SC, FL, GA, WI, TX
My apologies if I missed it, but what is Strang's operation called? After reading a great report like this, I would like to learn more about it!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
My apologies if I missed it, but what is Strang's operation called? After reading a great report like this, I would like to learn more about it!

Strang is in a partnership with Balla-Balla Safaris, but he also operates on his own. He has access to multiple places all over the country.

superdutch

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA life member
Hunted
Strang is in a partnership with Balla-Balla Safaris, but he also operates on his own. He has access to multiple places all over the country.

Thanks, I am going to check it out!

StephenZambia

AH member
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. when I read you reply I laughed, waterbuck is most definitely on my list and I guess my mind wasnt working.
My other target animal is nayala and I havent seen them on any outfitters sights? do you know if they are not in this region?

No (native) nyala in Zambia.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted

Desert Dog

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Fantastic report. What a great hunt. I can't wait to get to Zambia next year!

geoff rath

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, congratulations on a very successful hunt, an the way you shot in particular. Filling your ream list is icing on the cake.
As other have written, your writings (report seems insufficient, somehow...) have stirred my memories, and my heart.
Finally, I pray that Strang can overcome his malarial issues. Again, my deepest appreciation.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Cornejo

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...