Your avatar and user name

My Avatar is a photo of what will be my best trophy. A Red Stag from NZ 11-13 454 7/8. My name I have used since I was in WY. We shot NFAA there and my group was Bow Hunter Free Style. In a target shoot a top score was 300. I shot several tie breaker was X count. Best was 60 my best was 52. That was twenty years ago and I haven’t shot targets since I moved to Colorado.
 
My name is my name, when I signed up I never thought to put in my nickname, "Colonel".
My avitar is my 416 Taylor rifle, which is by far my favourite rifle to shoot. Took a 350lbs black bear with it last Thursday here in Ontario.
Pic's or it didn't happen! :D
 
Pic's or it didn't happen! :D
0CC5E46E-54E2-4831-AB10-8085A5D5A57A.jpeg

Didn’t take a lot of pictures, 32 degrees (90f). Priority was getting it out of the bush, cleaned and put in the freezer.
 
View attachment 420224
Didn’t take a lot of pictures, 32 degrees (90f). Priority was getting it out of the bush, cleaned and put in the freezer.
It still surprised me that people eat Bear. Not something I ever considered and something I onlearned about in the last couple of years.
I can see why they take furs for rugs. I would like a bear skin rug.
 
It still surprised me that people eat Bear. Not something I ever considered and something I onlearned about in the last couple of years.
I can see why they take furs for rugs. I would like a bear skin rug.
Off topice for the thread:
My wife’s Pennsylvania LOVE bear meat. I have yet to try it, but maybe one day.
Some people render the fat from bears feeding heavily on berries because of the flavor profile (blueberry lard of sorts).
 
It still surprised me that people eat Bear. Not something I ever considered and something I onlearned about in the last couple of years.
I can see why they take furs for rugs. I would like a bear skin rug.
Top notch table fare! Took a 450lb boar a few years ago in Ontario. Squared 7' 4". They estimated him to be about 8 years old. Ham steaks so tender they could be cut with a fork. Had to handle the backstraps carefully as they were trying to pull apart as they were cut into steaks. The flavor and texture are similar to bighorn sheep.
Looking forward to another Canadian hunt before too long.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,881
Members
170,438
Latest member
DanielleTy
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top