Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia, Canada BC, US- WY, CO and TX, Limpopo SA
Mine is a name I use on other sites so I can remember it...lol. Avatar is from a Nilgai hunt on the King Ranch, South Texas. Closest thing we have to Africa here, low fence and around 800,000 acres. They are fun to hunt. Lack in the horn department but tough to spot and stalk.

Timbo

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BGRC PFRC & SSAA
Hunted
Australia (WA & NT), Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa
My avatar is of me with the particular hippo we finally managed to bag after four days of persistent hunting. This customer was very wily who always held the advantage - even smugly standing in full view of us knowing he was safe standing on the opposite river bank which bounded the National Park. But on the afternoon of that fourth day he made one careless error and after a slow, careful, stalk I got him with a head shot from directly behind at 40yds - on OUR side of the river!!

My avatar name is what my mates have used for years, so it'll do just as fine a job here. (y)

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Mine is easy as it's me with my Cape Buffalo skull taken in 2014. First initial and last name.......that way I can remember.

obviously updated it to my elephant at some point

Trogon

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DU, RGS/AWS, NRA
Hunted
Eastern Cape, SA; KY, OH, IN, WI, AL, KS, ND, TX-USA
My avatar is a pic of my best friend's Brittany, Widget, during a late September grouse hunt in northern Wisconsin with the first birds of the day. Picked my user name from one of my favorite birds to see in southeastern Arizona, on my birding trips there. Crappy photo of an Elegant Trogon included.

2015-05-21 17.30.41.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WebleyGreene455

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Yay I have an avatar now! Should be fairly obvious what it is; see my previous post (#115) for my username.

CBH Australia

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
My username is my initials and Country. I joined up probably without any plan i just found the site and joined i think. About a year ago and went to South Africa within about 9 months of that. I thought it was just s pipedream all hunters grow up wanting yo hunt Africa dont they?
My Avatar is my Pumba. I found him at a garage sale and didnt know what to make of it. A self proclaimed artist (painter) was selling up and Pumba was up for sale. I fidnt have much cash on me and beat him down to $20 with this guy telling me an artist made it. Yes presumably a poor broke African artist with more talent than him.
Anyway i paid $20 and became quite attached to it. It looks like he would have had little tusks imbeded but they are missing. Any he was my first Warthog but i have some good pics of the real thing from Africa. Of the few species i took in Africa Warthog was a favourite. They look cool. I had seen a couple of mounts once that stood out among a heap of other trophies.

HWL

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Germany, Austria, Norway
My user name comes from the German word HohlWegLauerer.... describes a hunter/robber that prefers not to stalk, but to choose an advantageous place for an ambush hunt.

My stalking friends gave me this nickname..... may be, because I did something they were not able to do successfully. ;)

My avatar is, where my dreams are.....

HWL

VertigoBE

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa
My user name has been with me since I was a child, don't remember what made me chose it back then.
My picture, is from a gorgeous sunny day hunting hares and pheasants. Just my brother and I with our girlfriends and Tosca, our German short-haired pointer, slow walking through Flanders' Fields.

fourfive8

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
Name is cal of most serious DG bolt gun I shoot, a 450 Watts.
I change my avatar once in a while. The current one is a CPR char with those incredible colors. Recently caught in SW AK.
Char in color 2 .png

bowjijohn

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
My name is john.

A bowji is (I believe) a Cornish word for a cow barn, shelter or hide.

The lion is merely a piece of artwork I commissioned as part of the imagery for a program for school kids I'm setting up to promote education in, and an understanding of, real conservation issues (rather than the rubbish peddled by the woke press).

It is based at a Coutada in Moz owned by a very kind group of gents - probably some of them are on here as it is fundamentally a hunting reserve

The program is called
African Conservation through Education and Training or ACET

All revenue goes to the reserve for conservation projects

Tundra Tiger

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas, Maryland)
@fourfive8... I live in SW AK. Where'd you catch the char if you don't mind me asking?

Maybe I answered on this thread previously... My avatar changes periodically. This one might stay awhile. My user name... Tundra --> Live in Alaska; Tiger --> College mascot, and no, it's not from LSU or Missouri. Fort Hays State University, Hays, Kansas...

Woodcarver

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Benefactor Life, Ducks Unlimited Life, RMEF Life, NAHC Life
Hunted
USA (CO, KS, TX, WA, AZ, TN), Alberta, Canada
Interesting thread for sure. My user name is my SASS handle from when I pursued competition playing with Colts and Winchesters. It reflects my affinity for whittling on a chunk of wood or spinning a piece on the lathe.
The avatar will change every now and again. The current one is the lion I carved on the buttstock of a '94 Winchester Trapper; a perfect lion rifle.

buck wild

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Omay, Zimbabwe; Mexico; Texas; New Mexico; Colorado
I somehow missed this when I signed on years ago. Buck_wild is really Buckasswild but my mother didn't like that thus the _ was used as a replacement to my email back in the 90s when I first signed up for an email account. I kinda liked the twist to buck wild being crazy about animals etc.
The picture is of a 59" kudu that is still the hi-light of my hunting career!

Doug3006

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia
No surprise..mine is my name and favorite caliber. My avatar is a Bushbuck I shot in the Luangwa Valley in 2014. It was my first Bushbuck and I thoroughly enjoyed hunting him.

curtism1234

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
My name is Curtis with last name M

I dont post a lot of hunting pics on the Socials so I just have the limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealing son a gun. Wooooo!

NE 7x57

AH veteran
Reaction score
My avatar is this photo. Some doves with the old Browning Superposed I inherited when my uncle/long time hunting buddy passed. I might change it at some point but as you all know, hunting is about the experience and the people you spend those hours with are a big part of why the memories are so precious. I miss those hunts.

The user name; location and I'm a fan of the 7x57, I have a bunch of other rifles but I really enjoy the number 1 I have in that caliber.
Cooper_5RED_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huntress008

Latest profile posts

Clifford Johnson wrote on Mark A Ouellette's profile.
Mark, How did your hunt go with Wayne in Zimbabwe?
Cliff
Spartan2473 wrote on tnshooter's profile.
Hey buddy,
Have a great hunt in West TN. Looking forward to planning this next safari with you.

we’ll talk soon!
Hello thanks for acceptance to the group, I live on baffin island. Anyone ever hunt in the Arctic?
Defosse wrote on Kouprey's profile.
Hello Kouprey,

I'm the little little son of Louis Defosse and i'm living in Saigon VIetnam. I'm trying to find some information about ma family and i saw your post where you wrote the Defosse family. Please i'm really interested to know more and share all your information about my family. I tried to find some in Vietnam but very difficult. Please i will be happy to read you soon.

Regards,

Stéphane Defosse