AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Glad you decided to introduce yourself Reed! You have some fun goals in your plan! If/when you make your muskox/reindeer goal, I will be very envious!

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Welcome aboard Reed. Everything in life starts with a dream. Do what you can now to prepare for the future. BTW rest assured that we'll do our best to support your hunting interests and educate you along the way. The "old farts" here are walking encyclopedias just waiting to be asked. What firearms do you currently own?

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Welcome to the greatest site on the web for everything hunting. You picked a great place to start your journey to Africa. I wish I had started that journey sooner.

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Hello Everyone,
My name is Reed Thoma and I am from Minnesota, USA. I joined AH this January and made a couple posts and realized I never introduced myself. I am 19 years old and have been hunting my entire life. I currently hunt Whitetail deer, waterfowl, upland game, turkey, and many species of small game. I have always wanted to go to Africa to hunt and since joining AH I have made a list of places and animals to hunt that's about a mile long. I decided I am going to start saving up money now and am looking at a ocellated turkey/curassow/guan hunt or a muskox/reindeer hunt as my first international hunt. I am also looking into hunting black bear, mule deer, and elk in the US within the near future. I have also begun to try out my own taxidermy and have done a pheasant so far, but come fall I am hoping to try out mounting ducks, geese, pheasants, and possibly a deer. So now that I introduced myself, I'd love to get to know everyone!

Welcome to AH!

Reaction score
Articles
Hunted
Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Texas
Welcome aboard Reed. Everything in life starts with a dream. Do what you can now to prepare for the future. BTW rest assured that we'll do our best to support your hunting interests and educate you along the way. The "old farts" here are walking encyclopedias just waiting to be asked. What firearms do you currently own?
For hunting rifles I have a Savage Arms 30-06 and Ruger American .308, I use these for deer and they work great but will most likely upgrade for future hunts or will borrow my dad's .300 short mag.

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
Welcome to AH, theres plenty of info to be had here

smokepole

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
nra life member
Hunted
south africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambque, australia, New Zealand AK, VA, TN, NM, CO KS, SD, MT (USA)
Keep dreaming and may they all come true. Best of luck in your journey.

Antoine

Reaction score
For hunting rifles I have a Savage Arms 30-06 and Ruger American .308, I use these for deer and they work great but will most likely upgrade for future hunts or will borrow my dad's .300 short mag.
Hello and welcome aboard!
What model is your savage? I hunt with the axis model in 30-06, it misfires very often and trigger is garbage.
Waidmansheil!

Reaction score
Articles
Hunted
Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Texas
What model is your savage? I hunt with the axis model in 30-06, it misfires very often and trigger is garbage.
Waidmansheil!
Mine is a axis too, it was a very cheap gun and the quality reflects, I only really use it as a backup gun to my .308. I have never had it misfire but I also don't use it too often.

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Welcome to AH Reed,
Work hard, have a good lunch and drink a sensible dinner and you will be in Africa before you know it!

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Waidmansheil!
Sounds like an awesome gun!

Antoine

Reaction score
Mine is a axis too, it was a very cheap gun and the quality reflects, I only really use it as a backup gun to my .308. I have never had it misfire but I also don't use it too often.
Well happy yours work, I had to send mine to the gunsmith who then f*cked up the headspacing, so I couldn't even chamber a round. I guess the ruger is a very nice rifle tho ;)

358 Norma

AH member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
My name is Reed Thoma and I am from Minnesota, USA. I joined AH this January and made a couple posts and realized I never introduced myself. I am 19 years old and have been hunting my entire life. I currently hunt Whitetail deer, waterfowl, upland game, turkey, and many species of small game. I have always wanted to go to Africa to hunt and since joining AH I have made a list of places and animals to hunt that's about a mile long. I decided I am going to start saving up money now and am looking at a ocellated turkey/curassow/guan hunt or a muskox/reindeer hunt as my first international hunt. I am also looking into hunting black bear, mule deer, and elk in the US within the near future. I have also begun to try out my own taxidermy and have done a pheasant so far, but come fall I am hoping to try out mounting ducks, geese, pheasants, and possibly a deer. So now that I introduced myself, I'd love to get to know everyone!
My best advice to you, go to college study hard try to get a job that will pay you well enough to live out your dreams!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommiePipp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?