Would you like a Cigar?

I remember in ‘02 when it hit like 117 in Tucson and my shoes melted. That was the year it didn’t rain for like 100+ days... those years suck.

Hopefully you guys get a decent monsoon this year. I was there last September, and it was awful. It was even hot AF up on the Mogollon.

Last year the monsoon was almost non-existent. A long hot summer, that broke some records, including number of days above 100 degrees.
Seems like we been calling it the nonsoon season for awhile. Lol
6pm now and down to 91f. Might look outside and see if I can take it.

What is your choice of a cigar igniter ? I know some people only use wood matches. But I honestly cant really taste the difference when lit with a lighter, except in a pipe.

$100 bills ;)

I don’t notice a difference between lighters or matches, unless I am using a zippo or something with a strong petrol taste.

I like using cedar slivers sometimes.

Again, learn something new every day here! Thx for sharing.
Uncle Mort, this is what he was talking about. I have one similar, and it has saved me from throwing away a good cigar.

I use a quad lighter with good butane and call it a day. I don't let the flame touch my cigar. :)

@Uncle Sauce, you couldn't find wood matches in SA? I hate to light up a good cigar with a cheap lighter. Big no, no. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 12.45.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 12.45.44 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
@Uncle Sauce, you couldn't find wood matches in SA? I hate to light up a good cigar with a cheap lighter. Big no, no. :)
The lodge had a couple boxes but they were so old they wouldn't light worth a crap! (Probably due to not having much business the last year or so!) I did get one cigar to light from them but it took about a dozen matches!
Yeah, the cheap lighter route definitely sucked! But I was desperate!

Uncle Mort, this is what he was talking about. I have one similar, and it has saved me from throwing away a good cigar.

I use a quad lighter with good butane and call it a day. I don't let the flame touch my cigar. :)

Thanks @PARA45. I have stripped the copper ground wire out of some romex before and tried jamming that in to free up the flow. But basically just ruined the cigar by exploding the binder and wrapper. Me thinks an Amazon order may be in my future. Right after I return from Zim.

I will be MIA from the thread for about 3 weeks starting tomorrow, but will love catching back up on the flight home. Best to all in my absence. I don’t want to read any silly post about “thought about having a second cigar” or “ humidor is full, but I ain’t smoking a cigar because I got the sniffles”. Man up! Smoke em if you got em. I’ll be looking for the smoke rings! Uncle Morty

This is going to be my new way to show what I’m smoking :)

2BCD991A-8DE1-4653-A8A4-23025C267255.jpeg

@Uncle Sauce, you couldn't find wood matches in SA? I hate to light up a good cigar with a cheap lighter. Big no,

A beautiful evening here in southern Michigan. Burning a stick and trying to be patient ahead of my departure. Wonderful smoke and lots of it. Near perfect burn. Doesn’t it get tiring to have folks compliment you so often by saying “Nice ash!”?

7535E8CC-F9CA-4661-BCA8-7DB412204347.jpeg
269852A7-9E16-4052-93FC-95FA76D3284F.jpeg
292FB05C-9924-46D4-A6B8-BF91C0AD4F90.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Montecristo white label with Buffalo Trace.

It's working.

A beautiful evening here in southern Michigan. Burning a stick and trying to be patient ahead of my departure. Wonderful smoke and lots of it. Near perfect burn. Doesn’t it get tiring to have folks compliment you so often by saying “Nice ash!”?
Safe travels and have a great hunt!

From a former 2 year Troll, Nice assh...:cautious::cautious::cautious:

MonteChristo - Tubos is that considered a nice smoking cigar?
It's been a long time since I have smoked a cigar and considering one to be smoked after a good hunt.

Montis are great cigars, made in a variety of strengths, from mild to full body cigars. It all depends on what you like. There are so many Montis made that any one from a beginner smoker to a season smoker can enjoy one. I like the Monti Espada, they are med-full body with dark wrapper, and I also enjoy regular Montis. It all depends on the mood I'm in. LOL!!!!! I hope this makes sense to you, if not ask away. :)

Smoking a CAO Fumas, the band is made out of rolled up tobacco :). Great smokes, I forgot I had it LOL!!! Lots of smoke, great flavor and not complex at all.

C30F7401-DECF-47C9-95E9-7EA3AB61E0A8.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg