Woodleigh Bullets - re-opening ?

Another one bites the dust-sad. All my reloading to date has been done with Woodleigh projectiles. Time to use others I suppose.

Another one bites the dust-sad. All my reloading to date has been done with Woodleigh projectiles. Time to use others I suppose.
Hey Guys, I communicated directly with Woodleigh representative last week and he indicated that they were coming back on line in the future. No date as yet but it is good news for all of us. I was checking on any inventory that had survived the fire and they had nothing that I was looking for.
.375, .416 and .358

Mate, that old Bloke that built that company got up, dusted himself off and has plans to rebuild.
That is a fact, that is direct from Geoff McDonald.
A gunshop here told me they were finished when I was in store in April.
Geoff McDonald's response to me was don't listen to the B.S.

Hey Guys, I communicated directly with Woodleigh representative last week and he indicated that they were coming back on line in the future. No date as yet but it is good news for all of us. I was checking on any inventory that had survived the fire and they had nothing that I was looking for.
.375, .416 and .358

Lucky they are reopening and I have enough of those cals to see me through, except in Hydro's.

So, let's see....people are foaming at the mouth to find reloading supplies, but Woodleight thinks there is no market?????

So, let's see....people are foaming at the mouth to find reloading supplies, but Woodleight thinks there is no market?????

You didn’t get the content of the thread. They are reopening.

This thread was wrong when first published.

May I recommend the author kill it NOW and get with the real current status?

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 13.48.50.png

https://www.woodleighbullets.com.au

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/fire-at-woodliegh.66161/page-5

The rumour mill is still running hot.
I was in a gun shop and asked if they had any Woodleigh. He tells me can't get them they burned down. Yep, I knew that but I was looking for old stock.

A bit like the ammo shortage the U.S. has been going through for 2 years that look after affects NZ the Australia. I could see a pattern forming and the forum has some good info.

It's a good shop but he told me Woodleigh are not rebuilding as Geoff McDonald is 78y.o.

Not happy to accept what I'm told I emailed Woodleigh again. I expect he's not going to give up his life's work and they have a niche market.

I drafted a polite email and asked if any decision was public knowledge or is there something that I can add to the forum thread.

The response from Geoff included this. I quote

"Don’t believe some of the bull from gunshops. We are rebuilding, and making steady progress"

I've been using 7mm 140gn Woodleigh ppsp this last week with great success.

Long Live Woodleigh Bullets

I have about 400 Woodleigh 340 grain 416. bullets. What is a fair price on them?

I no longer shoot any 416 caliber.
Gday Muskox
I'm chasing some 340grn 416s if avail

Let me know the details and we'll sort it

Happy to horse trade etc as well if it suits

Gday

Guys I'm a rep for Woodleigh and the largest distributor of their products here in Oz

If you are chasing something in particular let me know and I'll do my best to source it for you

I have crap loads on hand and access to more easily via a network of Woodleigh fans

I said this all along and I'll say it again

Don't listen to Rumor

At least re-name it!

The thread title has been updated and the owner contacted with a request for an update on progress.

Gday

Guys I'm a rep for Woodleigh and the largest distributor of their products here in Oz

If you are chasing something in particular let me know and I'll do my best to source it for you

I have crap loads on hand and access to more easily via a network of Woodleigh fans

I said this all along and I'll say it again

Don't listen to Rumor

@Anthony George
Is the factory reopening?
What is the progress if they are?

Thanks

Last edited:
It's not my place nor my business what Woodleigh do

I try not to call them for trivial crap as they have enough to do and if they are answering the 100 calls a day asking silly Qs they are not running the machines

Woodliegh is a small family business with lucky to be 4-5 people if that

The factory never really shut, they had a small fire in the office that fire damaged some machines

It didn't burn down and no one perished

I just leave them alone as best possible, and let them do what they do

It's not my place nor my business what Woodleigh do

I try not to call them for trivial crap as they have enough to do and if they are answering the 100 calls a day asking silly Qs they are not running the machines

Woodliegh is a small family business with lucky to be 4-5 people if that

The factory never really shut, they had a small fire in the office that fire damaged some machines

It didn't burn down and no one perished

I just leave them alone as best possible, and let them do what they do
So in one post you say you’re a representative of Woodleigh and then in the next breath you say it’s none of your business. For clarity are you a representative of the Woodleigh company?

So in one post you say you’re a representative of Woodleigh and then in the next breath you say it’s none of your business. For clarity are you a representative of the Woodleigh company?
Mark, Anthony George is an online retailer or stockist in the N.T.
I have purchased from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviaJoine

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.