Woodleigh Bullets - re-opening ?

Geoff was down over the weekend. He stated that he will be reopening but can't put a time line on it. It probably will be at least another 6 months, but it will happen. The site has been cleared out, and several of the machines refurbished, with the others to be done over the next few moths. A lot of friends are helping out in the restoration work. Progress is slow, but it is happening.

It's not my place nor my business what Woodleigh do

I try not to call them for trivial crap as they have enough to do and if they are answering the 100 calls a day asking silly Qs they are not running the machines

Woodliegh is a small family business with lucky to be 4-5 people if that

The factory never really shut, they had a small fire in the office that fire damaged some machines

It didn't burn down and no one perished

I just leave them alone as best possible, and let them do what they do

Making authoritative comments about rumours without providing some facts to help end the confusion provides little assistance..

Given the statement on the Woodleigh site it appears to be a bigger deal than you are making it out to be in your post.

If this were updated everyone would know what's up. That is up to them....
Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 13.48.50.png

Geoff was down over the weekend. He stated that he will be reopening but can't put a time line on it. It probably will be at least another 6 months, but it will happen. The site has been cleared out, and several of the machines refurbished, with the others to be done over the next few moths. A lot of friends are helping out in the restoration work. Progress is slow, but it is happening.

Thanks for the update. I wish them well in getting the place up and running at full steam.

STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH June 20, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 07.43.33.png

Great news. He won’t lack for demand when he comes back online!

I used their 350 gr .375 conventional solids loaded at 2,300 fps on elephant. That may be the highest penetration load I have ever witnessed. They make a fine bullet!

Gday

Guys I'm a rep for Woodleigh and the largest distributor of their products here in Oz

If you are chasing something in particular let me know and I'll do my best to source it for you

I have crap loads on hand and access to more easily via a network of Woodleigh fans

I said this all along and I'll say it again

Don't listen to Rumor
Hello! I'm looking for .410 and .411 caliber projectiles between 300 and 400 grains for the .450/400 3" and .400 H&H if you know of any that are available. Thanks!

Hello! I'm looking for .410 and .411 caliber projectiles between 300 and 400 grains for the .450/400 3" and .400 H&H if you know of any that are available. Thanks!

Just depends what calibre

Usually the 3” version is .411 same as 400 HH
But can use .410s as well

I have quite a few Hornady DGX And DGS 410 400gr if you’re interested?

Where are you situated ?

My favorit bullet is the .323 dia. 250 gr SPRN, works fine in 8x60S, 8x65RS and 8x68S!

HWL

Hopefully Woodleigh is up and going soon. Geoff McDonald has been quite responsive historically for any load data questions/technical support. I wish them the best.

I'm looking for some 275gr PP's to run in my 358 Norma up around 2700 fps plus. I'm sure Bob Nelson would approve!!!

Hopefully Woodleigh is up and going soon. Geoff McDonald has been quite responsive historically for any load data questions/technical support. I wish them the best.

I'm looking for some 275gr PP's to run in my 358 Norma up around 2700 fps plus. I'm sure Bob Nelson would approve!!!

Yes, a very good point. Geoff McDonald has certainly been very helpful with product enquiries and technical support in the past.

@450 Rigby
Yes I approve got them to almost that in my Whelen but settle on just over 2,500.
Bob
Safe in my rifle
20220618_081516.jpg

Top velocity that was safe in my rifle
20220618_081705.jpg

What I settled on

@450 Rigby
Yes I approve got them to almost that in my Whelen but settle on just over 2,500.
Bob
Safe in my rifleView attachment 474400
Top velocity that was safe in my rifle
View attachment 474401
What I settled on
Bob, that's a very impressive load in 35 Whelen. Are you using CFE223?

If you decide you might wanna part with some 275gr Woodleighs let me know.

In interim I'm considering RL-17 or Norma URP in the 358 Norma with 250gr Partitions. I think 2850 fps should be easily obtained from a 24" bbl.

I do have a Ruger 77 round top in 35 Whelen with a 22" Shilen #4 bbl I'm looking at running 225gr Accubonds in behind CFE223, as advised. Should be a great rig for elk sized critters out to 400 yds or so.

Bob, that's a very impressive load in 35 Whelen. Are you using CFE223?

If you decide you might wanna part with some 275gr Woodleighs let me know.

In interim I'm considering RL-17 or Norma URP in the 358 Norma with 250gr Partitions. I think 2850 fps should be easily obtained from a 24" bbl.

I do have a Ruger 77 round top in 35 Whelen with a 22" Shilen #4 bbl I'm looking at running 225gr Accubonds in behind CFE223, as advised. Should be a great rig for elk sized critters out to 400 yds or so.
@450 Rigby
Yes it was with CFE223. Backed it off to 2,500 and a bit, recoil was more tolerant.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinPr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!