Women as Professional Hunters; What's with that?

bluey

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers SFP
Hunted
australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)zambia
I spend too much time thinking about it at the moment to patsy
always wanted to hunt in Zambia , since I was real young

siml

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SOUTH AFRICA, BOTSWANA, NAMIBIA, ZIMBABWE, MOZAMBIQUE, ENGLAND, U.S.A
Don't forget to invite Gordie over for a cold one..

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
I am looking forward to that report, Bluey in Takeri, bow hunting a croc with Patsy :A Thumbs Up: :A Yell:

Buff-Buster

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.mashambanzousafaris.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
I am looking forward to that report, Bluey in Takeri, bow hunting a croc with Patsy :A Thumbs Up: :A Yell:
+1 That ought to be a helluve a good report!!!

gordon-kruger

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Now things getting interesting... I'm curious to know if you Patsy have doing some anti-poaching or army service ? And how long time you been a licensed PH ?

Gordon

Mike70560

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Republic of Congo, Canada
You must remember that no matter what her skill set and experience is Gordon will never believe a woman could be a good PH. No matter what example you use of her experience he will concoct another scenario. In other words if I said "I know a female PH that killed a wounded buffalo with a knife", old Gordo would respond with "but could she do it barehanded?"

So Gordon if you are truly some sort of PH or operator why do you not use your real name? A little embarrassed? Since you seem to like the IPHA, I searched their member directory for Gordon (first or last name) and came up with nothing. Not saying the search is 100% accurate but why not dazzle us with some of you male testosterone driven experience?

I will not argue there are differences between women and men. I have driven all over Zimbabwe with women. I would hunt with a woman PH if I felt she was qualified. In the case of the young woman from Zimbabwe, if "Ole Bally" says she is qualified I can assure you she is.

BTW my name is on my signature line.

Wilson "dub" Crook

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI (Life Member)
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe. Zambia, Namibia, Angola, Tanzania
Gentlemen,

I too am of the "old school" having hunted Africa a dozen times over the last 30 years. I have hunted with some of the best, from Tanzania to Namibia and have taken 100 African animals including all of the Dangerous 7 and the much harder, Tiny 10. I too was of the opinion that women PH's weren't a good idea until I met Patsy Hahn this past year (Takeri Private Reserve - Zambia). She guided me to 5 Gold Medal animals including a 31 1/2 inch Kafue Lechwe and a 44 1/2" Sable - a trophy of a lifetime. I found her extremely knowledgeable of the areas we hunted, the animals, etc. It was a pleasure getting to know her and I have a whole new respect for women as PH's. Yes, it's not for everyone, but if you get the right woman, she can hold her own with most of the men.

So my advice is to keep an open mind, 'cause mine was surely changed.

Wilson "Dub" Crook
Houston, Texas

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Now things getting interesting... I'm curious to know if you Patsy have doing some anti-poaching or army service ? And how long time you been a licensed PH ?

Gordon

patsy regularily does antipoaching on takeri along with assisting zawa scouts on patrols and raids outside. she is an honorary wildlife officer and was for some time when she was in the luangwa. people have to start somewhere or did you just materialise with the knowledge............so as to how long she has been a ph is irrelevant, as i stated in an earlier post which you answered with the minimal that she has been around all types of wildlife dangerous and non for a large part of her life, so is plenty experienced with them. as mike said above your name doesnt come up in the APHA and it also doesnt appear in the PHAZ list ................so you know my name and mike burkes above , but yours ...............................

siml

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Wilson, I don't know Patsy, but have had a few quick conversations with her, and I will fully agree with you, but as I have said, the post should read, " would i hunt with a bimbo" ? not all female hunters are there for the glamour, for some it is a way of life...I got taken out in the beginning of the post for mentioning Debbie Visser, I have not met a male PH, that will match her hunting buffalo in the swamps of Mozambique.

siml

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Mike, Patsy should save her dogs from the crocs and teach them to bite arrogant PH's, hopefully I can keep my butt in one piece..

gordon-kruger

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike75060, I'm not a member anymore of IPHA and I did not say that either !!

I do not care what ever you think but please remember my "little friend" that I have been around and you should not try to learn people like me anything because you are not on the same level !

TokkieM

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe,Sweden
Well folks so much for the good old fella's and girls on AH and respecting each other's opinions.

@patsyzambia Sounds like you are doing a great job from what I understand from the gentleman's opinions and reports above. Great stuff Mam. Nothing personal, I just can't see myself hunting with a Lady PH.

@TMS Cant agree more with the Bimbo part of your statement.

Once again, no offence Ladies.

gordon-kruger

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Spike, different interest from different people if you wish to be public or not, I have always keep a low profile, in Africa it's good to keep thing low, you should know this !!

Furthermore, there is not much detailed information of Patsy Hahn.... what I can find is from your leasehold property...

Experience is everything, and this comes with time, nothing can change this.

Anti-poaching, putting people on the edge both regarding physical and mentally , when I ask this question I do mean really anti poaching and not circulating with the bakkie after the fence on a 3000 ha game farm...

siml

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Jerome, your comment was nearly harder than a bite from Patsy's dogs......sorry just a little inside joke..

Mike70560

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Republic of Congo, Canada
Judging your writing skills, English must not be your first language. I do believe you meant "teach" not "learn". "I have been around and you should not try to learn people like me anything because you are not on the same level. Although you maybe meant that I cannot learn anything from you since I am not on the same level.

I am very fortunate to have hunted Africa multiple times and learned something from good PHs on every hunt. However I still make mistakes and came to the conclusion a long time ago that I am a good client, a hard hunter and will never be a professional hunter. I am quite happy with that. I even have no problem poking a little fun at myself on the forums.

I have also learned plenty on the forums from people who are experienced and are willing to share their knowledge. Some are professionals, others are fellow hunters.

Maybe one day you will share an actual experience about hunting and I would learn something from you. I am not holding my breathe for that to happen.

Remember the forums are for sharing knowledge and to have fun. Being bitter and rude is not very entertaining; it kind of makes me glad I am not on your level.

Norwegianwoods

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, England, South Africa
I always love it when people claim they are on a different and I guess they then mean a higher/better level than others...

Reactions: JHN

Pondoro

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Namibia and Botswana
+1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamilaJ309

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh