Who is going where this year? Lets hear about all the fun trips planned so far

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by billc, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Spooksar

Spooksar AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, Dallas Safari Club, NFA ,CSSA NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Canada (BC, Alberta Nunavet)
    RSA with Wintershoek for Buffalo for 5 days, then to Namibia for Leopard with Leopard Legends. October off to New Mexico for Pronghorn

2. bashaw

bashaw AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA,Oregon Hunters Assoc.
    Hunted:
    USA, Zimbabwe, Australia & Mozambique
    Velo Dog I agree completely.
    I love history I went to Normandy in 2013 I was amazed by the emotion I felt just being there. We have the FREEDOM we have because of The brave MEN of Normandy, Operation Hailstone as well as all wars our country has fought. I'm always proud of our soldiers and VETS. Like you say The Japanese were warriors not cowards hiding behind one of there wives burkas

Environ, PLM, Vanguard2279 and 2 others like this.

3. twilly24

twilly24 AH Senior Member

5 months from today I will be leaving for the Eastern cape. The first safari for my wife and I. I haven't gotten any work done today. It's all I can think about.

PLM, Vanguard2279, Velo Dog and 4 others like this.

4. bashaw

bashaw AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA,Oregon Hunters Assoc.
    Hunted:
    USA, Zimbabwe, Australia & Mozambique
    PS hoping to shoot some fish while there

Velo Dog likes this.

5. Bivy

Bivy AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, WSF, Pope and Young, Boone and Crockett, Full Curl Society, RMEF
    Hunted:
    U.S.A. (Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Wyoming, Montana, Alaska); Namibia, RSA (Pending May 2017)
    I will be boarding for my sophomore safari on April 29, AND taking a first-timer along. This hunt will entail 10 days hunting with Hardus van Zyl and Cabassa Safaris. We will iron out the details regarding location and desired species in the next few weeks, but assuming we hunt the Free State or North West province I will be interested in impala, eland, black wildebeest, and duiker this trip. Of course I do plan to take along some additional pocket money just in case a special opportunity arises...

Then my wife is allowing me to tag along on her dall sheep/mountain caribou hunt with Arctic Red River Outfitters at the end of July. I make a good sherpa I guess.

6. jeff

jeff AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    sci P&Y
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
    I hunted free range eland last year with Eland Pro in Namibia and saw numerous good bulls.

johnnyblues, Velo Dog and jasyblood like this.

7. jasyblood

jasyblood BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Dallas Safari Club
    Hunted:
    USA, RSA(Limpopo x 3, Eastern Cape x 1, Northern Cape x 1, Northwest x 1), Hungary, Serbia
    Thanks for the heads up Jeff! I'll check them out too.

8. Odinsraven

Odinsraven AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Membe,Icelandic Hunting Club SKOTVIS , BASC (UK) Countryside Alliance (UK)r
    Hunted:
    UK ,Ireland, Bulgaria,Iceland,Czech Republic
    March and April Culling in RSA ...then back to RSA late July and off to Zambia for some hippo culling ....

The Blonde will of course accompany me ....so guys not hunting just gun bearer etc .....

9. Velo Dog

Velo Dog SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member.
    Hunted:
    South Africa 3 times, Namibia 2 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.
    I too am an avid spear-fisher.
    But I believe foreigners were not permitted to spear-fish at Chuuk when I was there, hopefully that has changed by now (because there were plentiful game fish present).
    However still within the Micronesia archipelago, I did a bit of same, inside the reef that is about 2 miles off shore, surrounding the island of Pohnpei, with local guide, Emensio Emperiam.
    Wish AH had been up and running, (back in those pre-home computer times - right) and that, I had been in possession of an AH hat as well, LOL.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    sierraone likes this.

10. rinehart0050

rinehart0050 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo); USA (NE, AZ, TX)
    Best of luck on your Buff!

firehuntfish likes this.

11. slam8031

slam8031 AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    rsa
    I am heading to RSA in late June with my wife and children. Third trip across the pond with Warthog Safaris in Limpopo region. Primary animal is a sable !! Already dreaming!! My. Children will be hunting also. Going with a friend on his first trip over. 167 days but who is counting...

Vanguard2279 and Velo Dog like this.

12. abenson229

abenson229 AH Member

Member of:
    NRA, Safari Club International
    Closest I'll get to Africa this year will be the Safari Club convention, hoping to meet some people there. Trying to put together a hunt for Mule deer in Idaho, buuut that will cut into the Africa trip funds. Really bugs me that I'm not rich :)

13. Buckdog

Buckdog AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    RSA to hopefully find a 40inch plus buff that needs 400grns of lead added his diet!

CAustin, PLM, rinehart0050 and 2 others like this.

14. CLICKBANGBANG

CLICKBANGBANG AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI. WSF. DU. NRA.
    Hunted:
    CA. OR. WY. NV. TX.
    No Africa for me this coming year... But I did buy my first .375 H&H today! So that much is exiting. Call it my prepping for Africa early birthday present. New Winchester M70 SE that was on the local gun store shelf. I held both the CZ and the Win. I'm used to the M70 action, so that's what I bought. :)

Still duck season here. We are shooting pretty good. Giving the Rem 870 a workout. I'll keep shooting it until it rusts completely through. I'm pig hunting in March. I'll be coyote hunting over the summer. And a West TX Aoudad hunt in November. About then is when duck season reopens. That will finish up the year.

Edit- I may try and sneak away for a bit while in HI for a little Ram action. I'll send my wife to a nice Spa. Then I'll do a quick sheep hunt. That's my evil plan at least... We'll see if it works. Lol.

Vanguard2279, jasyblood and Velo Dog like this.

15. Matt Perchick

Matt Perchick AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Hunting the Eastern Cape with Marius @ KMG the end of May into June and upon my return home heading up to Northern Manitoba to fish at Northaven Lodge

16. Velo Dog

Velo Dog SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member.
    Hunted:
    South Africa 3 times, Namibia 2 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.
    2017:
    1. Meeting up with my sons on Kuai, Hawaii, for unguided / doing our own thing spear fishing and also, guided boar hunting ("Hawaii Safaris / Patrick Fisher Outfitters").
    2. Myself and a chap that I have hunted and fished with since we were around age 14 or 15 (before the first Clovis point was knapped), are booked for Namibia (with "Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris"), for hunting whatever is available, from eland to jackal.

17. billc

billc SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    united state- Co Nm Mt Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
    The mtn zebra in the rough country has me dreaming of my Namibia hunt. Then I get some eland pictures of ones taken this year. The one young bull was 43" but the other 2 are over 40" also. It will just be luck of the draw if my son hunts it or I do. Plan is one kudu one eland total for us both together. Will be hard to pass any eland like this even if we get one down though. Love the nice spiral ridge they seem to carry up there horns in this area.

15174550_1212451062176687_88009124_n.jpg 15211721_1212448538843606_1290186332_n.jpg 15226363_1212451232176670_1080036556_n.jpg

18. tay50

tay50 AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Ducks Unlimited, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    Canada, USA, Michigan, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, New Mexico, Ohio, RSA, Limpopo, Free State
    I will be heading to Mexico March 1 for some sun and fishing for 10 days, then off to the EC to hunt with a guy named Marius from KMG Safaris in the middle of May. Marius might have a hard time trying to top my last trip with him. August we will be in Ontario bow hunting black bear, if I draw a New Mexico Elk tag should be bow hunting there in September. Then off to Illinois the first of November to bow hunt our lease, back to Michigan for the opener of gun season, then back to Illinois for their opener of gun season. I hope my wife remembers who I am come December:rolleyes:

19. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico
    cow-fence-sitting.jpg

Royal27, Pheroze and ArmyGrunt like this.

20. Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
    Oh my jealous side is getting the best of me! Don't think I'll get my act together this year. You guys have awesome trips and please take pictures and write reports for all us poor souls who can't get back this year!
    Best to all!

Alex165 and Velo Dog like this.