Who is going where this year? Lets hear about all the fun trips planned so far

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by billc, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Neale

Neale AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SSAA
    Hunted:
    Australia, South Africa ( Eastern Cape, Free State, Limpopo,KwaZulu Natal )
    Well the Africa bug has bitten and I was wanting to see a bit more of SA. Therefore it is an 8 day hunt with Ricus (White Lion Safaris) then off to the Limpopo with Scott (SS Pro Safaris) where I am concentrating on Kudu for 13 days and then down to KZN with Tyrone (Chumlet Safaris) for 7 days, main target is Nyala. I can hardly wait for the next 4 months to pass.

2. Rob404

Rob404 BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
    If Min means Minnesota, Dinners on me

ActionBob and gizmo like this.

3. jeff

jeff AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    sci P&Y
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
    That sounds like one heck of trip!!!

Bos en Dal Safaris likes this.

4. Norwegian Hunter

Norwegian Hunter AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Nordisk Safari Club
    Hunted:
    Norway, Poland and South Africa.
    Poland in May for Roe deer and then back again in September for Red stag in the rut.

Environ, ChrisPy, sandman0921 and 3 others like this.

5. gizmo

gizmo SPONSOR Since 2015 AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED,SCI
    Hunted:
    Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
  6. Pheroze

Pheroze SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    OFAH, DSC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Canada, USA
    I apologize for the WWII detour and my apologies to Velo Dog, but I have this need to shine a different light on the Japanese military legacy: my father grew up in Burma when the Japanese attacked. He recalls the zeros straifing the civilian markets and shooting up the families there, he recalls the bombing of the neighborhood, he was put on a plane and evacuated out with his mother while my grandfather (Lt. Col) went to war for years. Unfortunately, the atrocities in that theatre made my grandfather very bitter towards the Japanese people. From the stories I was told I think the Imperial Japanese army was not above committing exactly the atrocities we witness today. The best thing that happened to Japan was MacArthur. We can now enjoy the beautiful Japenese culture free of the military that was so savage.

My apologies for the hijack. I am not totally sure why it was important for me to comment on that.

Anyways....

I am quite upset by the fact that I will not be going anywhere this year to hunt. Perhaps not even my beloved moose hunt! Africa in 2018 gives me strength! Until then it will be thinning the Coyotes on a property I have access to now in hopes of a deer in the fall.

Great thread btw I love reading about the adventures planned.

7. Ryan

Ryan AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Bowhunting javelina in my oldcstomping grounds of southern Arizona next week after visiting friends and family down there. After that at worst I chase caribou to fill the freezer in the fall. And if I don't draw a sheep or goat tag (poor odds, but I did it once) maybe take moose more seriously. Dealing with a 1200-1500 pound deer is a whole different ball game. If any of that doesn't happen a friend has been talking pronghorn, so that's sort of on the map.
    Good luck everyone

8. rinehart0050

rinehart0050 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo); USA (NE, AZ, TX)
    I can attest that there is NO shortage of javelin down in SE Arizona! Good luck- where abouts do you plan to hunt?

Environ likes this.

9. Ryan

Ryan AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    I'll be south of Tucson in the Santa Rita range near Green Valley. And I have a history of paying my dues chasing them. Hunted them several seasons before getting one. Out of season- tripping over them, in season-disappearing act. So, mostly I'm planning on getting a tan while carrying a bow.

Velo Dog and rinehart0050 like this.

10. rinehart0050

rinehart0050 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo); USA (NE, AZ, TX)
    Great area- I've hiked Mount Wrightson and mountain biked around Kentucky Camp and along the Arizona trail. Most of my hunting time was spent in the Huachucas, a bit further south and east. (conveniently, I lived at the base of the mountains, so a 5 min drive had me into wilderness)

11. johnnyblues

johnnyblues AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
    I'll know any day if my PH in Namibia get a leopard tag. If so I plan to hunt 14 days for Mr. spots as well as black wildebeest, waterbuck, damaras dik dik, springbuck, steenbok, and klipspringer. If not I ll hunt buffalo and possibly hippo with one of our PH's here. Then onto the eastern cape to hunt with Kingsview Safaris for additional plains game

12. Environ

Environ AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Magnum hut club,SCI,BASC,BDS
    Hunted:
    ,Zimbawex3,C.A.R,Congo,CameroonX2,Benin,Botswana,South Africax2,Namibiax2,Tanzania,Krgyzstan,Canada,USA,Italy,France,Finland,Ireland,Spain,Czech Republic,Scotland,England,
    have fun Clayton

Clayton d likes this.

13. Environ

Environ AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    ,Zimbawex3,C.A.R,Congo,CameroonX2,Benin,Botswana,South Africax2,Namibiax2,Tanzania,Krgyzstan,Canada,USA,Italy,France,Finland,Ireland,Spain,Czech Republic,Scotland,England,
    agreed great hunts

jasyblood likes this.

14. Environ

Environ AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Im going to the Central African Republic in April for 17 days to try and outwit the mighty and elusive Bongo amongst others.Does anyone want to share the charter flight with me?

15. spike.t

spike.t SPONSOR Since 2013 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc,wpaz
    Hunted:
    zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe, hungary, france, england
    you pay for my hunt and i will think about it........:whistle::D

Alex165 and Environ like this.

16. adgunner

adgunner AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB,SK,ON,QC,NB,NS) USA (TX,ME) South Africa (5) Argentina
    July will see me hunting lioness with Marius @KMG Hunting Safaris and afterwards chasing some plains game. My wife plans to start her springbok slam this year ... all part of my plot to construct a new trophy room:)

Alex165, johnnyblues, BobT and 6 others like this.

17. Environ

Environ AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    you wish Spike lol

Alex165 and spike.t like this.

18. 375 Ruger Fan

375 Ruger Fan AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, Canada (Yukon)
    I have a daughter getting married in a few months, so the hunting budget has taken a hit this year. For now, the only thing planned is taking my son-in-law on an elk hunt in Montana. We'll be hunting with Rising Son Outfitters (http://www.huntinginmontana.com/ ). I've hunted 7 or 8 times with this outfitter since 2001 and always had a great hunt.

Alex165, johnnyblues and Velo Dog like this.

19. Custom

Custom BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI, DSC, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever
    Hunted:
    USA, RSA, Zimbabwe
    Headed to Southern Zim May/June for a leopard/buff hunt, Canada in July for a fishing trip and then to Australia/New Zealand with my wife for a tourist trip. In between I'll hunt whitetail here in Missouri and birds when I have the chance. Oh yeah, we are building a new house this year so I have room to display all of this stuff. I may need a loan!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017

20. Velo Dog

Velo Dog SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member.
    Hunted:
    South Africa 3 times, Namibia 2 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.

No apology necessary Pheroze,

Yes, the strafing of unarmed / non-military / non-combatants in Burma is worse than horrible, I totally agree with you on that.
    Nonetheless, I cannot go on about the, "WW-II Atrocities" topic, without remembering that my own country definitely killed and maimed more than it's share of unarmed / non-military, women, children and the elderly, by intentionally dropping many thousands of tons of explosive and incendiary bombs, into various crowded cities that, were of little if any military significance.
    And don't even get me started on "The Conquest of North America" by my Euro-Scandinavian ancestors, (the word "genocide" comes to mind).

I do look forward to bashaw's photo of himself at Truk / Chuuk, with his AH cap.

Cheers,
    Velo Dog.

VonJager likes this.