Who has a blaser?

@One Day did a great thread on the R8.
 
I have several Blasers. @One Day... has done the best review.
 
My wife and I have 3 R8's with 4 barrels. Also just picked up a F3 shotgun. Lots of good threads here on Blaser. I started one a few years ago about using a Blaser on DG. Moving from a CRF CZ550 375H&H to the world of Blaser...
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/blaser-r8-for-dangerous-game.53390/

As mentioned earlier, @One Day... has an excellent review with in depth critiques of the pros and cons in his thread...
https://www.africahunting.com/threa...aser-r8-a-two-months-500-rounds-review.60483/

Lots of people on here using them on DG, including some PH's who backup clients on the hunt. @BigSteve57 has a Kilombero R8 in 375H&H and should be chiming in shortly.

Also agree with @TOBY458, stick with the R8. The only reason it makes sense to stay with the R93 is if you were on board with Blaser in 1993 when it came out and never upgraded.
 
I’m very interested in a blaser r8 kilombero or r93 selous. Really any of the calibers 375 and up. Would someone be willing to make a video review on theirs? I can’t find one anywhere, thanks.
What are you hoping to learn through a video?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My r8 pro success thumbhole is nice rifle. Right around 4K with mounts and barrel. Add a barrel in same bolt head group for $1100. So you get two rifles for $2550 each. I bought 375hh and a 7mm mag .
 
I have a R8 Kilombero with both .416 Rem Mag and .458 Lott barrels. I also have the R8 Professional Hunter stock with steel receiver. The stocks with trigger groups weigh in at 6lbs.1oz. each. The bolt assembly weighs 1lb. 2oz. The .416 Rem Mag barrel weighs 3lbs. 14oz. and the .458 Lott 3lbs. 11oz. The overall barrel lengths are 23.6". There lengths from vent hole to muzzle is 22-3/4".

The Kilombero is robust and pretty but I think it is a little harder on the shoulder than the Professional Hunter stock. The red recoil pad on mine is harder than that on the synthetic stock.


IMG_2261.jpeg
IMG_2263.jpeg
 
My wife and I have 3 R8's with 4 barrels. Also just picked up a F3 shotgun. Lots of good threads here on Blaser. I started one a few years ago about using a Blaser on DG. Moving from a CRF CZ550 375H&H to the world of Blaser...
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/blaser-r8-for-dangerous-game.53390/

As mentioned earlier, @One Day... has an excellent review with in depth critiques of the pros and cons in his thread...
https://www.africahunting.com/threa...aser-r8-a-two-months-500-rounds-review.60483/

Lots of people on here using them on DG, including some PH's who backup clients on the hunt. @BigSteve57 has a Kilombero R8 in 375H&H and should be chiming in shortly.

Also agree with @TOBY458, stick with the R8. The only reason it makes sense to stay with the R93 is if you were on board with Blaser in 1993 when it came out and never upgraded.
Ahhh yup. I have an R8 Kilombero in .375 H&H and .300 WM. No complaints at all.*
If you have any questions I'm sure one of us could answer.
My next Blaser will definitely be an R8 suitable for use with a barrel chambered in .243.

* I'm not good looking enough to make a video but I've been told I have nice wood.
 
i have 2 blaser R8 stocks, 4 barrels
stock 1- wood about gr4, some bit and pieces to make it special, 416rm barrel and a 300wm fluted barrel
stock 2 synthetic, no bits and pieces, 9.3X62 barrel and a 6.5X55 barrel

best guns i ever owned hands down
416 rm is my day to day backup for big game, all others are for my personal hunting

any questions feel free to ask
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.39.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.39.34 AM.png
    646.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.39.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.39.35 AM.png
    767.1 KB · Views: 257
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.39.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.39.36 AM.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
I’m very interested in a blaser r8 kilombero or r93 selous. Really any of the calibers 375 and up. Would someone be willing to make a video review on theirs? I can’t find one anywhere, thanks.

My YouTube channel
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve five Blasers R8, a .243 with a norwegian GRS stock and 22 mm barrel, a 30-06 with synthetic thumbhole stock, a 8x68s with also a synthetic thumbhole stock, a 9,3x62 and a .416 rem mag both with synthetic camo stock. I also have a nice wooden stock but I almost never use it.
I love the quality, the good precision and the fast action of the Blaser.
 
I’ve five Blasers R8, a .243 with a norwegian GRS stock and 22 mm barrel, a 30-06 with synthetic thumbhole stock, a 8x68s with also a synthetic thumbhole stock, a 9,3x62 and a .416 rem mag both with synthetic camo stock. I also have a nice wooden stock but I almost never use it.
I love the quality, the good precision and the fast action of the Blaser.

You do know it’s a switch barrel rifle right? ;-)
 
I’ve five Blasers R8, a .243 with a norwegian GRS stock and 22 mm barrel, a 30-06 with synthetic thumbhole stock, a 8x68s with also a synthetic thumbhole stock, a 9,3x62 and a .416 rem mag both with synthetic camo stock. I also have a nice wooden stock but I almost never use it.
I love the quality, the good precision and the fast action of the Blaser.
Is that actually five complete firing rifles or five sets barrels, stocks and receivers and two bolts?
 
@7MAG there is a dedicated Blaser forum if you are not already familiar with it. After gleaning this forum for all things concerning Blaser and you need more info about it, you might want to check it out. It’s called blaserbuds.com
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is that actually five complete firing rifles or five sets barrels, stocks and receivers and two bolts?
It’s five complete firing rifles…….I’m to lazy to switch the barrels. :)
 
For Blaser "standard" inlet owners there are options in regards to stocks, more ergonomic and more reasonable pricing.

 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.51.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.51.21 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 280
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.51.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.51.23 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 259
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.51.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.51.25 AM.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 220
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.51.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 9.51.27 AM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 217

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,571,019
Members
169,220
Latest member
KristineH3
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top