"Who Builds a Magnificent 500 Jeffery"?

Jeffery is now back in business and may build the 500 Jeffery again.

Those heavy profile barrels seem like the perfect answer to a properly weighted, balanced and handy big bore rifle. It certainly makes a rifle stand out from the rest looks wise as well.

A custom fitted, 19" or 20" 458 wm sounds nice.

bah medium bore ... :)

Errrr...think you are slightly behind the times........whole thread on that....
I misspoke. I should have said they may build one to your specifications. They definitely have 500s back in production.

I really wish I knew what I was looking at when it comes to bespoke quality.

Dorleac can make you one. In a variety of quality and cost levels. This action in his best rifle would be an amazing rifle
IMG_3438.jpeg

Dorleac can make you one. In a variety of quality and cost levels. This action in his best rifle would be an amazing rifle
View attachment 587993
God, do they build a beautiful product & I do thank you .. they actually returned an email upon enquiring a while back. They kindly explained their limitations, clients, etc.

Be-Spoke...made for a particular customer or user...
If you are starting out on this adventure of having a Rifle made for you, research and asking questions is half the fun..
As a retirement present to myself and prior to a DG hunt in 2022 I had made a 505 Gibbs on a GMA action. This was truly a be-spoke rifle as it was made to my exact specifications; wood, type of finish, action, barrel, weight, length of pull, cast, front sight, rear sight and and to what distance the rear sight would be filed in for....
Take your time and do it right perhaps a good place to start would be Terry Wieland's Dangerous-Game Rifles as he addresses all of the questions one would have when starting out having a Rifle built

Trying to .... for some reason when I try and attach a file or upload an image the upload gets hung at 98% could be my internet which is wickedly slow

I still look, network, & thank those who share listings ... However, personally, everything is at a bit of a stand-still for me.

Thank God for a few purchases I have made.
Matt Roberts @ MNR, for years, has been exceptionally responsive & professional. He does not seem to have a problem with anything you want to have built, fyi ... "Just the Cartridge itself, is incredible."

Last edited:
Those heavy profile barrels seem like the perfect answer to a properly weighted, balanced and handy big bore rifle. It certainly makes a rifle stand out from the rest looks wise as well.

A custom fitted, 19" or 20" 458 wm sounds nice.
I do like the looks of heavy Barrel profiles. CZ 500's, Ruger #1H's

There was a 458 Lott Dakota listed here with an 18" barrel a while back .. beautiful.

Reactions: CJW
My son in law suggested I change the JPEG quality from high to medium ..Sucess...
Bastogne Walnut 14.5"s with 1/4" cast, I wanted the heaviest piece I could find for overall weight, GMA African Magnum action, Kreiger 24" barrel quarter rib, 1 standing sight, NECG Masterpeice banded front with a brass bead filed to a 45* angle, trap door grip cap holding extra front sight and small tool to remove and replace... 11lbs empty 11.5lbs fully loaded with one in the chamber and 3 down
IMG_1450 (1).jpeg

Can’t fault that, @zephyr holy heck!

Love the bit of muzzle protruding from the front sight. Also love how it doesn’t have that pregnant look a lot of big bores get from trying to increase magazine capacity.

Following this as my build is about to start!

Vektor DSB action that I am seriously considering making a Single Square Bridge
And barrel of unknown maker but registered as Jeffery on our police system.

Wayne Jacobson, at AHR .... American Hunting Rifles .. .... builds a very nice 500 Jeffery. Here's mine. It feeds flawlessly from a special vertical stack magazine.

500j-00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikoans2

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you