Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Hungary
Well, that's a question with so many varied answers. I ask that we start up a discussion about the things that we like the best from our time and experiences on the AMAZING AH forums!

When I found this site in 2014, after reading in Petersen's Hunting mag about the relative inexpensiveness of hunting in Africa when compared to getting the same animals in perhaps Texas, I was amazed at how much knowledge was readily available from all of you very experienced people. I think I only perused a few days before I created an account and started posting comments and questions.

Nearly everyone I have found on here has been respectful, and typically willing to provide guidance or coaching towards fulfillment of a dream. From learning about firearms importation to shot placement to discovering animals I never knew existed I have greatly increased my knowledge base. Further, I have been able to provide others with insight to why hunting is a great conservation tool, how we help to benefit the local populations of animals and humans, and make a first-person friend or four.

Through AH.com I have found my first ever hunt (the one from 2014) to go on. I popped the proverbial cherry in SA with @Partick R and Bushwack Safari. I had an awesome week at two of his concessions. I got my taxidermy done with positive results, and he was able to drive/call the studio to manage a few concerns. I still get a text now and then from him.

Last spring I took my kids to Florida and did a gator hunt. I had contacted @gizmo for the taxidermy, and Erik did a phenomenal job creating the clock mount I wanted. This past December I went down to the Rockin G Ranch and had a fun weekend searching for the Catalina billy I currently have as my avatar. The pigs he promised remained scarce, as did the alleged whitetails, but the muleys were abundant. I got to see several other species in person that I never had. At the end of the weekend, I even managed to come home with a cooler loaded to the hilt with some other amazing flavors I shared with some friends. The goat was amazing, the heart now being my favorite cut of meat, and I brought the "oysters" home for a co-worker. She enjoyed them with another colleague when I wasn't working. That's a no thanks from me....

I love all the variety of threads that can be found in the various categories. I once read someone posted a goal of hunting all six continents. I pretty much immediately took that idea as my own, because why the hell not?!?
Since I'm stationed in Italy for a year, I knew I needed to get the European hunting trip checked off my list. I was reading over some of those other threads and found a couple of people had offered references for finding hunts. @Foxi and @ UKHunter were both quick to reply to PM (another feature I adore, thanks @Jerome). I sent out text/emails earlier in the day today, and have spoken to both outfitters on the phone since. Both called me within very short time periods, with the text being damn near an instant call back! I'm waiting to hear back from both of them with proposals. For the record, I had asked in another thread about whether I could drive across Europe with the meat from my trip, which I have been assured from both callers that it is no problem at all! Delightful!!

Thanks to this awesome website I have been able to make dreams, fulfill them, and make even more. As many others have stated, this place is a blessing and a curse. The more time I spend here, the better I am for knowledge, but the worse I am for making a hunting/shopping list that will likely always far exceed the capacity of my checkbook.

To all who post, participate, moderate and facilitate: my hat is off to you. We're all making this world a better place for future generations.

ArmyGrunt so eloquently, hit the nail on the head.
I keep coming back to this site because I’m always learning something new. By the same token, I enjoy and take satisfaction in passing on information to those inquiring.

Nearly everyone I have found on here has been respectful, and typically willing to provide guidance or coaching towards fulfillment of a dream.

ArmyGrunt, you hit the nail on the head. (can't find that emoji now). I really appreciate the advice, knowledge and respectfulness of this site. Hey everyone, GREAT JOB, with special thanks to the moderators.

WELL SAID. Some great folks here for sure. Everyone always willing to help with an opinion or advise. Knowledge you cant help but absorb. My hat off to all.

Well there’s all that and we have one helluva dinner party in Dallas every year, just sayin’! (y)

Perhaps one day I'll make it to the dinner...

Just keep adding to my list!

Got a question about guns, hunting, safari planning? Post it and you will receive an encyclopedia of info. The place is open for nearly all opinions, arguments, experiences and Oh, yes, the occasional ragging on each other.

Well, that's a question with so many varied answers. I ask that we start up a discussion about the things that we like the best from our time and experiences on the AMAZING AH forums!

When I found this site in 2014, after reading in Petersen's Hunting mag about the relative inexpensiveness of hunting in Africa when compared to getting the same animals in perhaps Texas, I was amazed at how much knowledge was readily available from all of you very experienced people. I think I only perused a few days before I created an account and started posting comments and questions.

Nearly everyone I have found on here has been respectful, and typically willing to provide guidance or coaching towards fulfillment of a dream. From learning about firearms importation to shot placement to discovering animals I never knew existed I have greatly increased my knowledge base. Further, I have been able to provide others with insight to why hunting is a great conservation tool, how we help to benefit the local populations of animals and humans, and make a first-person friend or four.

Through AH.com I have found my first ever hunt (the one from 2014) to go on. I popped the proverbial cherry in SA with @Partick R and Bushwack Safari. I had an awesome week at two of his concessions. I got my taxidermy done with positive results, and he was able to drive/call the studio to manage a few concerns. I still get a text now and then from him.

Last spring I took my kids to Florida and did a gator hunt. I had contacted @gizmo for the taxidermy, and Erik did a phenomenal job creating the clock mount I wanted. This past December I went down to the Rockin G Ranch and had a fun weekend searching for the Catalina billy I currently have as my avatar. The pigs he promised remained scarce, as did the alleged whitetails, but the muleys were abundant. I got to see several other species in person that I never had. At the end of the weekend, I even managed to come home with a cooler loaded to the hilt with some other amazing flavors I shared with some friends. The goat was amazing, the heart now being my favorite cut of meat, and I brought the "oysters" home for a co-worker. She enjoyed them with another colleague when I wasn't working. That's a no thanks from me....

I love all the variety of threads that can be found in the various categories. I once read someone posted a goal of hunting all six continents. I pretty much immediately took that idea as my own, because why the hell not?!?
Since I'm stationed in Italy for a year, I knew I needed to get the European hunting trip checked off my list. I was reading over some of those other threads and found a couple of people had offered references for finding hunts. @Foxi and @ UKHunter were both quick to reply to PM (another feature I adore, thanks @Jerome). I sent out text/emails earlier in the day today, and have spoken to both outfitters on the phone since. Both called me within very short time periods, with the text being damn near an instant call back! I'm waiting to hear back from both of them with proposals. For the record, I had asked in another thread about whether I could drive across Europe with the meat from my trip, which I have been assured from both callers that it is no problem at all! Delightful!!

Thanks to this awesome website I have been able to make dreams, fulfill them, and make even more. As many others have stated, this place is a blessing and a curse. The more time I spend here, the better I am for knowledge, but the worse I am for making a hunting/shopping list that will likely always far exceed the capacity of my checkbook.

To all who post, participate, moderate and facilitate: my hat is off to you. We're all making this world a better place for future generations.

I think you outline a great deal of what many of us have found to be great about this forum over the years. It’s a business but yet a respectful digital gathering place for people to talk about what they like with regards to many many topics. I suppose the best thing about AH for me is that I have met new friends from all over the United States, Africa, The continent of Europe, Canada, Great Briton and Australia. I think it pretty cool that I could travel to Oklahoma City, Tucson, Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Pennsylvania, Memphis, Atlanta, Idaho or The Pan Handle of Florida and I know someone in these places that I have met through AH. In some instances I have sat down for a meal with AH members from these places and shared hunting stories.
Make no mistake we often see hunting offers here that are much better priced than what you find at the shows or could get just by Googling safari in Africa.
The collective intelligence of this community is incredibly valuable to us ALL.

I have been a member for over 10 yrs. I have learned a lot off the this website. I have also met a lot great hunters and conservationists on here that I would call my friend any day of the week. This website has evolved over the years and is getting better every year.

It has been the encouragement to go from making the odd knife for myself to making knives for many very fine members of the forum
I'll add those are some mighty nice looking knives

I would agree with all of the above answers, and add my own. I have learned so much about other cultures and hunting practices and how ethical hunts are conducted in other cultures. It is great to understand others opinions and methods, even if I do not use them or always agree.

I too appreciate all of the wisdom, advice and humor shared. I also were much appreciate a site where faith can me shared without fear of offense, ridicule or judgement. Prayers are readily sought here, and as with the opinions on best caliber, shared freely and often. I have been blown away by the response to the incident with Bossie, and am using that as an opportunity to try and make more of a difference in the lives of those in need. AH is inspirational indeed.

Fun, inspirational, informative, I could go on and on. AH has been a real blessing to us all in so many ways. Thanks Jerome!
Philip

I'll bring back the camaraderie bit:A Thumbs Up:. Thanks to @UKHunter, I'll be in the field in Hungary chasing roe deer, mouflon and boar for my birthday this year!:W Sharp Shooter: I can't wait!!:A Yell::E Dancing:
I just got off the phone with the outfitter discussing some of the details. Countdown has begun...64 days to travel

Glad to help you out! I will hopefully complete a goal of mine to hunt in the states in Oct, thanks to a member on here.

I joined AH after creeping the forum for a while looking for information on 375 Ruger. Now I have a 375 Rugar and 404 Jeffery and many new friends but still no plans to go to Africa.
I visit forum at least once a day to check in what’s going on and share anything I can to help (I get more than I give).
Shawn

Army Grunt pretty much covered it. The only thing I can add is this site will do two other things, save you money and MAKE YOU SPEND MORE!!!

:E Happy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.