What would be your Dream Hunt!??

A long, slow hunt in Africa. Months long... Go for a BIG elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo, Lord Derby's Eland, Grants gazelle, croc, kudu, oryx, Big ol' giraffe, sable maybe a bongo. I'd pick up a few nice plains game as they came along like, black wildebeest, springbuck etc. and a few small predators like a big ol' baboon, some of the smaller cats.
I'd take something like .280 AI and a .375 HH ~ done.

Early 1900's multi-elephant hunt with muzzleloaders throwing 1/4 lb. lead projectiles.

A non time machine reliant hunt? Asiatic water buffalo bow hunt in BFE Australia with no time constraint.

My own Tiny ten and add Mountain Reedbuck and Vaal Rhebuck.

I have a giant Mountain Reedbuck and a 5 1/2 common duiker...so ten to go...

Have hunted all more than once but not my own...

My yard stick is old very old and if it makes Rowland Award it is a bonus....

20210805_212503.jpg

That is a big Mt Reed Buck @IvW what does he go ?
I have spent a bit of time on them with hunters & myself, I like the Klippy hunting in the same areas, I shot a Klippy in the top 10 & the Taxidermist stole it along with my 5+in Duiker !

By Dream hunt do you mean possible to actually do or Dream lol ?

Dream would be Tiger & Gaur hunt .

Now days High Altai Sheep - Markhor

Tracking - Lion - Lord Derby Eland but heck that would be hard as so many great animals & hunts !

I have spent a bit of time on them with hunters & myself, I like the Klippy hunting in the same areas, I shot a Klippy in the top 10 & the Taxidermist stole it along with my 5+in Duiker !

Tracking - Lion - Lord Derby Eland but heck that would be hard as so many great animals & hunts !
Will have to measure but his big and old with very good secondary horn growth.

I will hunt the rest but it will take a while

Reactions: WAB

I did a quick measurement

R= 8 1/2" with 3 3/8" bases(only the horn)
L= 8 3/4" with 3 3/8" bases(only the horn)
Tip to tip 6"

So that gives
RW 8 3/4"
SCI 24"

My dream hunt would be for ele, buff, leopard, hippo, & crock. I would like to take my time and enjoy every moment, with no time limit. If it takes me 1-5 months be it. :ROFLMAO:

Right now an elephant hunt for me. Not necessarily for the biggest, but definitely for the oldest I can find. Two or three weeks of walking, with some plains game and buffalo hunting thrown in for good measure.

i'm curious if you were given big sums of money and could afford any hunt but only one hunt, what would that ultimate hunt be?

so that's that's question to my fellow AH members, what would be your dream hunt ???
Having never been to Africa hunting (it’s a serious goal though), a simple four or five animal hunt is my current dream.

While a big old cape buff and possibly elephant are certainly high up the list, for me, there is one animal that I dream about hunting more than any other, and that is Kudu. I have had actual dreams of hunting a massive Kudu bull and feelings its horns after the kill. If I could only hunt one more time in my life and could only hunt one animal, it would be the Kudu. Even writing this, I am incapable of putting into words how I feel about getting to hunt a Kudu. While I have yet to make this dream hunt come true, I know that it will be one of the greatest highlights of my life.

Nice, you can see the age with the long straight shank (compression rings) I think the SCI is your first number bud ?

Well done, thank you for posting !
So that gives
RW 8 3/4"
SCI 24"

Nice, you can see the age with the long straight shank (compression rings) I think the SCI is your first number bud ?

Well done, thank you for posting !
I believe SCI exclude horn base diameter for southern mountain reedbuck

If not it would be nr. 1 which it is not...

I would have to say a nice two month trip for Cape buffalo, croc, leopard, and every plains game there is and throw in a hunt with dogs for kudu, Nyala, or anything with my choice of rifle/shotgun. That would be awesome!

Cape Buffalo in Africa, but I'm not making any plans for this trip. I'm afraid it will be no more than a dream hunt.

A long, slow hunt in Africa. Months long... Go for a BIG elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo, Lord Derby's Eland, Grants gazelle, croc, kudu, oryx, Big ol' giraffe, sable maybe a bongo. I'd pick up a few nice plains game as they came along like, black wildebeest, springbuck etc. and a few small predators like a big ol' baboon, some of the smaller cats.
I'd take something like .280 AI and a .375 HH ~ done.
Nice choice of cartridges.

.....to hunt Tyrannosaurus Rex at its rutting place!

:cool:

HWL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!