What would be your Dream Hunt!??

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Back in the day when I could carry a 50 pound pack and run up and down mountains I would have chosen a Dall Sheep hunt in Alaska. Now that would be to strenuous for me so I'd settle for retracing Teddy Roosevelts route through Africa without all of the present day borders and regulations.

Reaction score
Articles
Hunted
Namibia, and Burkina Faso
Lord Derby Eland followed by Bongo, Giant Forest Hog and Forest Duiker
Sounds like Central African Republic would be perfect! Makes me sad that currently the country is too unstable and many violent conflicts within the country to be able to hunt.

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
If I remember correctly, when I was visiting Museum of Natural History in London, there were few of African animals exhibits. There was a notice, that exhibits are in poor shape, because they are old, and they will not collect new ones, because they are against (trophy?) hunting.
Or something like that.

BTW - dream hunt for me?
At this moment I could think of, buffalo!

Ridge Runner

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa
Only because tags are so hard to get, I would choose a full North American big game ( including gator and turkey) and waterfowl, hunt consisting all species and sub species, adding in some time for trout, walleye and salmon fishing.

Von S.

AH fanatic
Reaction score
My dream hunt?

That's easy. To make a dream hunt possible I would select every guy here who has a real sense of humor, isnt full of himself, understands that an ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure and doesn't spew horse apples out his chops everytime he swills a few water glasses of who whupped Johnny.

As far as what we was gunning for would be the least of my concern.

Terry Blauwkamp

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, Dallas Safari Club, NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Nambia, & South Africa
i'm curious if you were given big sums of money and could afford any hunt but only one hunt, what would that ultimate hunt be?

so that's that's question to my fellow AH members, what would be your dream hunt ???

I was asked quite a similar question at DSC a few years ago. My answer then was "To go again as soon as possible with the folks I have been going to".

Now after Covid 19 has it all screwed up..... " Just to go again soon as possible".

Randy F

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US and South Africa
If I only get one, and it's unlimited funds, then I'd go for the around-the-world, never-ending, big game, multi-species experience

(My wife’s reaction as I explain my new itinerary)
C89F19A2-3B2E-4EDA-B028-D63045498FD2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Van Horn

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hey, Mike. You’re pretty much looking at the Yukon or Alaska for grizzly, my friend. BC’s grizzly hunting has been shut down due to political pressure from uneducated citiots.

Yes unfortunately that is true. But this is a dream hunt and they are trying to get it opened back up again.

Reaction score
Articles
Hunted
Namibia, and Burkina Faso
Yes unfortunately that is true. But this is a dream hunt and they are trying to get it opened back up again.
I belive in northern British Columbia outfitters like backcountry bc and beyond still offering grizzlie hunts but it's called a "meat hunt" so other than the meat it's illegal to keep any "trophies" no skull, no hide. What a stupid law who is going to hunt a grizzly for meat!! I'm not into catching Trichinellosis from eating a grizzly.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
If I ever pull together the big bucks for this hunt, Buzz at CM and Mark at Chifuti are at the top of my list.

I may be wrong, but I think Chifuti may have lost their DG concession. We hunted with CM in 2019 in their Dande concession. Len Taylor was our PH. Absolutely awesome hunt.

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada

curtism1234

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Hunted: RSA, MO, WY. Fished: MO, IL, AR, MS, FL, WI, MI, WY
For me it would be hard to decide between brown bear, alaskan / Yukon moose, or truly wild aoudad. While the cheapest by far, I think I would go with aoudad soley for taxidermy space purposes

Longwalker

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Saskatoon Gun Dog Club
Hunted
Canada, USA, Germany, South Africa, Namibia
Mine would be at least a month, hunting Elephant, Buffalo, and Leopard, with a variety of plains game including Eland to fill in the time and effort. I'd want to do some bird shooting, some fishing too. Zimbabwe? or Tanzania? I almost had a shorter Elephant / Buffalo hunt booked in Zimbabwe when Covid hit, so it might still happen, but later.

Reactions: WAB

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.