What Will Banning Of Trophy Hunting Result In?

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Screenshot_1.jpg

Watch this video till the end to have a valuable insight into WHY trophy hunting equals wildlife conservation and therefore also protecting the livelihood of our people...

No need for speculation.

Look at what happened in post hunting ban Kenya & India with human-wildlife conflict and poaching skyrocketing.

One country has almost nonexistent wildlife outside national parks. Another has locals literally battling with wildlife everyday in order to protect their lives, livestock & crops due to the fauna exceeding the local ecosystem's LCC (Land Carrying Capacity).

Last edited:
I will continue to go to Africa to hunt, even if I can't bring anything back with me. No one is going to stop me from new adventures and new memories.

I hope African countries ,(and other locations around the world) have the courage to stand up to the whack jobs (europeans and these idiots in the US & Canada) that seem to be screaming the loudest against the true and natural way of life that hunting provides. We are at odds with truly empty souls on the left extreme, for things to get better in a lot is going to have to change.

I will continue to go to Africa to hunt, even if I can't bring anything back with me. No one is going to stop me from new adventures and new memories.
You will, the problem is a lot will not feel that way. So the game ranches will go to something else that will make money. The PHs, most will have to find a different line of work. The funds that hunter brought in to protect the animals will go away. The food that the animals provide to the people will go way.

What these people do not understand. They are hurting way more than they are helping. They feel like they have accomplished something grand. The reality is they hosed up every and will kill more animals and people's livelihood than they thought about saving.

I agree with the video. The bans on the exportation of trophies to the west is turning the knob on the door that opens to the end of hunting.
Potential first time safari goers will stay home and as veteran hunters are taking more pictures and less trophies, due to high shipping costs, the economic footprint of hunting and the support for hunting declines.

I agree with the video. The bans on the exportation of trophies to the west is turning the knob on the door that opens to the end of hunting.
Potential first time safari goers will stay home and as veteran hunters are taking more pictures and less trophies, due to high shipping costs, the economic footprint of hunting and the support for hunting declines.

I can see the issue with new hunters not wanting to go to Africa if they can't bring the mounts. I believe that door is closing and it's closing quickly. Like you said about the shipping cost have gone up and look at Airlines who do not want to ship "trophies" anymore. It's not the hunting door that is closing, it's everything else that is contributing.

Like I said earlier, I will continue to hunt. And, if I can't bring the anything home, I'll leave them there and take good pictures and call it a day. As long as Africa continues to open the doors to hunters, I will continue to go. I hope and pray those doors never close.

I can see the issue with new hunters not wanting to go to Africa if they can't bring the mounts. I believe that door is closing and it's closing quickly. Like you said about the shipping cost have gone up and look at Airlines who do not want to ship "trophies" anymore. It's not the hunting door that is closing, it's everything else that is contributing.

Like I said earlier, I will continue to hunt. And, if I can't bring the anything home, I'll leave them there and take good pictures and call it a day. As long as Africa continues to open the doors to hunters, I will continue to go. I hope and pray those doors never close.

I’m in that same boat. With taxidermy and shipping being what it is I don’t think I will have as much done in the future. But I know that is keeping many from having their turn at the table, so to speak.
The west is unfortunately infected, many hunters too, with this entitled self important attitude of “if I personally am opposed to something then it should be banned for all”, and it just goes along with the anti’s playbook. I think people are too dismissive of antis as they don’t understand. I think many fully understand that the fate of hunting in Africa hinges on its economic value and they don’t give a rip about some concession or game ranch. They also really don’t care about the people hunting benefits either. It’s a higher moral issue for them in their minds and most I’ve met place everything above humans, themselves excluded of course.

Wolves and windmills , and no people out in the rural areas to have two separate worlds . One for people and one for wild animals , walk the foot paths to see and salute the wild friends in the Forrest , but then walk home giddy . And if one of the human friends got too close with the animal friends and lost its life there . it’s just a accident and no repercussions toward the wild animal friends , a sacrifice to the nature gods was made .

Or so one can spin it forwards
Like a hippo in the Zambezi river harking over somethings in its throat , it was a bbc reporter in a dingy boat .

I was getting my hair done several years ago and the girl who did my hair owned the salon. She knew I was planning a trip to Africa from my previous visit. However, she thought I was going on a photo safari and her and a few of her employees, as well as clients, were absolutely appalled that I killed animals. Especially a giraffe.

We had a little education session and by the end of it, everyone was quiet and listening to me and all of them asked questions except for the 3 women who were hunters or married to hunters and / or had tried hunting themselves. They actually got it.

Like some others have said, people have their biases and opinions and are so ridiculously set in their ways and cannot or will not step out of their tiny perspectives to even consider anything different than what they think or believe.

Then you have people who blow up social media over stories they find and it gains more negative attention than good and it just makes matters worse for those of us that do hunt!

For most all of them, a video is not going to change their mind. Neither is a book or magazine or news article. Until they decide they WANT to understand, they never will even begin to.
I’m with @PARA45 . I will still go whether or not I can bring anything back but pictures and memories!

It needs to be even better publicized the value of game on the ground and the people it supports! They can make mention of sport hunting here and there but the primary focus of this worldwide message should be: no hunters dollars? No animals! Most of the lib greenies just offer lip service offshore and they will never visit Africa. They'll send 10 bucks to PETA or WWF and call it a day and feel good about the animals we preserved and they killed! I always love reading the Botswanan comments regarding these people! We have an overpopulation of elephants here too they're called illegal aliens!!!

Thank you for sharing. It is now on my FB page.

With present status of trophies at my home, I will at some point have to stop shipping them home.
In the same time as long as I have the means, I will be returning to Africa.
But in this respect, ban on import of trophies, will be a turn off for a trophy hunter beginner, who is eager to get his "souvenirs" back home.
Locally, in Africa, as long as hunting is not banned, and game management programs are in place, most probably there will be resident hunters who will hunt.
Commercial outfitters will have problems keeping profitability. That is for sure, and some outfits could easily be closed.
Overall game numbers and game farms, will have to change business model. I am not sure how much local hunters in Africa contribute to this business model on average, some farms will turn to cattle farms, certainly.
Game farming will be reduced, wild areas will have increased human wildlife conflict, and poaching increased, overall number of game will be reduced

I like mark-hunter am getting to a stopping point with my taxidermy. I have two rooms almost completely full of game with a trip to Spain and Namibia coming soon. I also have New Zealand mounts and a night hunt in Limpopo at the taxidermy now. I have built a new game room (too small) and will not build another. I am done with shipping trophies.

But future generations will probably not have the same opportunities I have enjoyed. With the rising cost of flights, taxidermy, shipping, and inflation at home many will not be able to afford to go. The bargain of hunting Africa may be gone soon if not already. I expect future restrictions on hunting to continue and the cost to rise.

I believe most or maybe all airlines will refuse to transport rifles soon. We can get around most of these issues and not ship anything home and use PH's rifles.

It is just not the same! I will still travel but it will be different.

I believe most or maybe all airlines will refuse to transport rifles soon.
Where the international politics becomes friendly to guns, is Olympic games. So, my guess is, some way to travel with firearms will remain. (unless they choke Olympic shooting disciplines, and other international shooting events)

Some airlines have put outrageous fees on flying with firearms. Lufthansa for example is now charging €250 each way to transport a rifle. That is another way the antis are closing doors to us. I'm sure some US airlines will eventually end up doing the same. I hope I'm wrong on this.

This could happen. Easily.

View attachment 599686

Watch this video till the end to have a valuable insight into WHY trophy hunting equals wildlife conservation and therefore also protecting the livelihood of our people...

Some people are just so damn stupid. It boggles my mind how people will go to Africa video and watch animals suffer. I mean suffer. They make videos animals getting brutally killed and eaten. While laughing at posting it on Facebook. Yet if me or you go ethically and humanely harvest an animals, pay money to the local governments & feed villagers we're monsters.

Exactly!!! If we stop going and hunting, our African outfitters will not survive nor will the wildlife!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianne1092

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.