What Will Banning Of Trophy Hunting Result In?

What will be the Result of Banning The Sustainable Use of a Country's Renewable Natural Resources?​

In reality, this is what were are talking about.

The basic logical sequence is so simple.

Hunting brings in money to keep large stretches of entire ecosystems intact at the negligible expense of a sustainable harvest. No hunting means other more destructive uses of that land is inevitable. Be it live stock farming on the good side, or total destruction of all fauna and flora in the form of intensive crop farming.

The problem with fairy-huggers is, they are not logical creatures, they are not big picture thinkers, and they are in toto driven by emotion. They react to the perceived suffering of Bambi.

From what Ive seen over the last few decades, they are gaining ground worldwide, especially with aid of social media campains.

If we do not come up with a plan to beat them at their own game, our hunting days are numbered. You cannot fight emotions with reason.

Where the international politics becomes friendly to guns, is Olympic games. So, my guess is, some way to travel with firearms will remain. (unless they choke Olympic shooting disciplines, and other international shooting events)
Sorry to be the barer of bad news but I can see soon that the Olympic games will soon stop the firearm sports.
This is from the Commonwealth games. I can see it stepping up though.

@Sideshow
I knew of this, I was following this news then.
But it remains an isolated case, so far. (I hope at least)

You can not rely on Olympics. Laws are written specifically. We have to fight like in this video. The Namibians are brilliant for bringing in native communities. I wanted to shed a bloody tear there!

Appeal to emotions and the politics of the day. Thats how we win. We know we are right, but we have to convince the masses of city dwellers shopping in supermarkets where dead animals are neatly presented. They do not relate to our thrill of being in the bush.

Im sure Im not the first to think this way. Falconry has been granted Heritage status by UNESCO. Now that sport is something lefties can get excited about!
It can be done, but we have to box clever. Social media is our biggest enemy in my opinion. This is a long conversation folks. But I think we all realize we have a real threat facing us.

Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinTill6

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.