Here is how I see it Jacques

- Price.

Should be within the average in the industry.

-Size of hunting area.

It´s nice to hunt in a large area, where you can see lots of different animals, a boma is not acceptable.

- Accommodation.

After a day in the field, I do appreciate comfort and good food, luxury is not necessary.

- Extra services.

Taking a helicopter ride can be fun, or going to the local handicraft markets.

- Quality of trophies.

I am only interested in mature/old animals, not concerned about inches.

- Personal service and exclusivity.

I will always travel with a friend, and sharing camp with other people is not a problem for me.

- Most important aspect.

Trust.

Of my 7 Safaris, the last 3 have been with the same Outfitter, I have known him and his rep in Spain for some years, at the Cinegética Hunting Show. A friend of mine hunted with them and was very satisfied.

So when we met again at the show they asked me what species I was missing, and made me an offer, which I could not refuse :LOL:

I was quite satisfied with that Safari, and after that it´s been the same for the other two, they know what I am interested in and make me a proposal, which has often involved hunting in other provinces, which I don´t mind as I take plenty of time, and like traveling around the country. It´s not only hunting for me!

I go to hunt. I'm not a sightseeing type. On my last safari it rained almost every day. We hunted every day. As we used to say, "They don't stop the war for a little bad weather." Even though we didn't see game every day we were scouting areas. Got a little damp at times but I got the animals I came for.

When I start researching a hunt of course one of the first things I look for is basic value. That doesn't necessarily mean price. I will explain what I look for in "value", but before I go there I will always look at the background and reputation of the outfitter. If it's an outfitter I recognize and believe has a good reputation such as a an AH Sponsor where I have read good hunt reports I will move right onto answering my value questions. If it's an outfitter that I am not familiar with, I will start researching the background of that outfitter as much as possible before spending anymore time. One thing I will say is that if an outfitter has negative feed back, how that feed back is addressed by the outfitter is some times more telling that the actual negative feedback itself, IMO.

SO...what does value means to me? That is usually accomplished by filling in the following basic questions.....
What are the daily rates, trophy fees, observer rates, and amenities vs other similar outfitters in the same area.
Are there any obvious costs that do not appear upfront, i.e what is the location of the lodge and/or hunting area and how am I gonna get there? If I need a rifle and ammo are those costs upfront? Are the costs of booze, or extra day trips upfront? What about taxidermy or delivery costs to the taxidermist? What is the size of the hunting concession(s)? Fences, no fences, partially fenced? Are there other activities available, and how much? How much $$ for deposit and what is the cancellation/rebooking policy? I don't want to start out with a guessing game or making assumptions. I know I can always ask questions, and I will if we get there. But if I am in the early stages of researching a hunt the outfitter that has covered most of my personal background and value questions upfront he will get points.

Thank you @Mekaniks for your reply and I have to agree with you on having the pricing up front with no "nickel and diming" as soon as you arrive in Africa. I personally always rather offer a few services included in the safari price than to charge a list of small unnecessary charges. At the end of the day as an outfitter we need to look at the bigger picture and offer a client a fair deal with as much clarity as possible.

Another thing my Eastern Cape outfitter did for me was to quote and accept payment in Canadian dollars. It’s is not a nice experience changing our currency to U.S. dollars!

I have found that people like this especially when they are from Canada or Australia. I have always worked with my hunters from Canada and Australia as I know the exchange rates can wreck havoc on pricing. It is a very important factor to think of when booking your African Safari.

Thank you for these recommendations. For those of us without African experience and extremely limited free time to research, such resources are invaluable.

To add to my previous post, strong business connections and friendships are extremely important. Whenever I choose an outfitter, especially one outside of the United States, knowing that the outfitter has strong connections with other reputable businesses and is recommended by friends is hugely influential.

I also have to agree with you sir. It takes a very long time to build up trust and connections with reputable businesses. It is very hard in our industry as a younger outfitter to get a chance to establish relationships like that but they do come every now and then if you as an outfitter just keep on working hard and produce only the best to your hunters.

Once I have decided what and where I am looking to hunt, I look for value and upfront, honest, straightforward pricing.

Then I look for reviews, hunt reports, YouTube videos and references to help me shape what the experience would be like.

Through all this, I am sizing up the communication with the outfitter or outfitters I am considering. Are they answering my questions in full or just saying what they think I want to hear. Do they reply in a reasonable amount of time? I can wait a week for a reply, but weeks to months to no reply? Not good. Especially if they then don’t even bother to answer the questions I asked.

Thank you @VonJager for your reply. I know online content of an outfitter is huge for people researching their safaris. In my journey to be able to run my personally 100% OWN outfit I had to go through a couple of phases and business transitions with other companies. I have built one up from nothing and had to unfortunately part with it after 8 years of hard work.

So my question would be, will the great reports under that company name still count for my reputation as my name is mentioned in every one of them? The only difference between then and now is that I have several top class hunting areas and propositions all over the world instead of one I have to use.... I still deliver and offer the same quality of safaris and experiences, just under my OWN business name?

Here is how I see it Jacques

- Price.

Should be within the average in the industry.

-Size of hunting area.

It´s nice to hunt in a large area, where you can see lots of different animals, a boma is not acceptable.

- Accommodation.

After a day in the field, I do appreciate comfort and good food, luxury is not necessary.

- Extra services.

Taking a helicopter ride can be fun, or going to the local handicraft markets.

- Quality of trophies.

I am only interested in mature/old animals, not concerned about inches.

- Personal service and exclusivity.

I will always travel with a friend, and sharing camp with other people is not a problem for me.

- Most important aspect.

Trust.

Of my 7 Safaris, the last 3 have been with the same Outfitter, I have known him and his rep in Spain for some years, at the Cinegética Hunting Show. A friend of mine hunted with them and was very satisfied.

So when we met again at the show they asked me what species I was missing, and made me an offer, which I could not refuse :LOL:

I was quite satisfied with that Safari, and after that it´s been the same for the other two, they know what I am interested in and make me a proposal, which has often involved hunting in other provinces, which I don´t mind as I take plenty of time, and like traveling around the country. It´s not only hunting for me!

@Nyati thank you for your reply sir and I agree 100% with you that trust is the biggest component on both sides. I have booked safaris with clients that had been burned before and I booked their safari without taking ANY deposit to make sure they feel at ease with my operation.

I have learned so much from everyone's replies and I hope this thread will help hunters that is planning their first safaris.

Good day fellow members,

I hope everyone is doing well with what is going on in the world right now. I am not sure if there is a similar thread to this one I am starting now. If there is please forgive me as I could not find it on the forum.

This is question that has been on my mind for so long and I have been trying to do some research into it as well.

What exactly does the majority of hunters find the most important when they start researching and booking their safaris to Africa or in fact any other country.

I know and do understand that there are so many different aspects that needs to be taken in consideration when booking different safaris to different countries but surely there is certain important boxes that needs to be ticked on any hunters safari research journey.

I would like to hear first hand from you guys here on AH, what you feel is the most important factors in your opinion?

Is it price?
Is it size of hunting areas?
Is it accomodation?
Is it about extra services offered by the outfitter?
Is it quality of the trophies the outfitter has constantly been producing?
Is it personal service and exclusivity of the outfitter / area?

What is the most important aspect of the safari to you as a hunter when it comes down to choosing your outfitter?

Thank you very much for the opportunity and I am looking forward on discussing this into further detail.

To add some color to the post I thought I would add this special picture with my son and 2 sable we took earlier this year. One bull was 45.5" and the other just over 46".

View attachment 353982

All my best,

Jacques
@JKO Hunting Safaris
Jacques
2 of the most important things to me as an Australian is to have the prices in Australian dollars instead of competing with the fluctuations in world currency. That is one reason why my outfitter chose our owner/PH.
The other is being able to talk person doing your hunt personally. I can tell a lot about a person by what they say and how they speak.
Speaking to our PH proved to be a very good experience as I was able discuss things my non hunting wife could do. He also gave me the numbers of Australian hunters for references.
My outfitter Marcus was brilliant at doing all the paperwork we needed and travelled with us as well as hunted with us.
The persons that sealed the deal was Harald and his wife Liezel our Owner/PH and his wife. With thier willingness to talk to you about their operation, what animals we could get and what we could expect in food and accommodation. Their help in alaying my wife's fears were put at ease by being able to talk to Liezel made for a great trip and the things Liezel organized for my wife were first class and not your usual tourist stuff. Things like going to the squatters camp and school as well as church with the locals were just what she wanted. The REAL Namibia not just the tourist broucher stuff.
So I would say for us it was the price being in Australian dollars and Harald and Liezel willingness to talk to us PERSONALLY.
We arrived as clients and left feeling like family.
That is what I call a 1st class outfit.
They fulfilled all our needs,wants and desires and did it with pleasure by making us feel as if we were a part of their family.
Bob

Thank you sir and a lot of valuable information in what you said. Personally I also am not a fan of hunting camps that filled to the brim. I am always wondering if personal / exclusive service is to value to a client and if they are willing to pay a little bit more to have it on their safari?
@JKO Hunting Safaris
Jacques our owner/ PH has a maximum of 6 hunters for 1on 1, 2 on1 or whatever you need. He also does brilliant father and son hunts which was great for us. My son was also involved in 1 on 1 with him as well a group hunting with our 2 other hunters. As a young person he go a great set of role models in all this and has very fond memories of these other interactions.
Bob

lol those bucket showers water can get cool quite quickly in the winter time! Appreciate your comment sir.

Does any special offers or additional perks that sweeten the deal affect a hunters choice on the outfitter?
Jacques
As there were 3 of us hunting and our PH had an abundance of zebra he gave us a Godfather deal. If you shot a zebra you could have a second one half price. It was a deal none of us could refuse. I gave me the opportunity to get a zebra for myself as I had only budgeted for one for my son.
I presume he was able to do this because he owned one property and the other was his father in-laws. A total of 100,000 acres in two properties over 2 areas. The Kalahari and Gobabis region.
Bob

As a bowhunter, I look for the following criteria in selection of an outfitter:

1. Does the outfitter understand bowhunting and is set up for bowhunting. If an outfitter can't get within 20 yds or less of game- the outfitter is not properly set up for bowhunting.
2. Availability of desired animals to hunt
3. Property size

There are not a lot of outfitters set up for "bowhunting", so within the bowhunting network, the good outfitters are pretty well known. Food and lodging, good equipment, good staff automatically fall into place. Hence, I don't do a lot of background, reference checking. I pretty much have a handle on the prevailing rates of daily fees, trophy fees, transportation, etc.

This all leads to the last criteria:
4. Available openings, when I want to hunt.
@Buffalo1
One thing I noticed on the property we hunted was all these little blinds and buildings/structures. I was told they were for the bow hunters as Harald is a keen bowhunter.
One of the animals Harald has taken with a bow courtesy of the Facebook page.
Screenshot_20200703-082637_Facebook.jpg

Bob

Free Range Fence free
@Fred Gunner
Our hunt was free range but not fence free. We hunted on whether was 2 cattle properties but are now used for game. They have 170 head of cattle on 100,000 acres. The fences that are left are the old low cattle fences with crossing point for game every few hundred yards. The game is free to wander where it wants nah how it wants. Don't let fences put you off unless they are the high fences to keep game in.
The fences on Haralds places allowed game to wander on roads or go to his neighbors without hindrance.

After a dozen of trips in Africa, Namibia x 3, SA x 2 and Burkina Faso, in this order :
- Hight Fences free
- Size of the area ( I don't want to hunt the same place each day )
- aviability of my game list in the same area ( I don't want 3 hours road drive a day )
- Total game list with my hunting permit ( number and species), opportunities (pest control/table meat ...)
- Old trophees or abnormal
- Walk & stalk
- Driving hours from the airport, time between airport and hunt
- Deal with the owner or PH
- Rental gun if needed
- Value, all included
- accomodations/meals (I prefered life in camps without AC in BF than in certain lodges 5* in SA )

my 2 cts :whistle:

I don't think this has been brought up but I'd like to hunt with a concession that gives back to his community, I plan to do 10 days in camp but I only I have a limited amount of game on my list, so a few cull animals for the local villages and area schools would be nice
@Rob404
My wife was fortunate to go to the local school with our PHs wife and our cook with a meal for the younger kids and spend time with those beautiful kids. She doesn't tell people much about the hunt being a non hunter but raves about the local community and what our PH and his wife do for the community and their staff.
Bob

@Fastrig It's so awesome to read through all the comments and advice. I can tell with almost 100% certainty that you are going to have a fantastic time! Your positive attitude is certainly a main contributor to that. It's great that you learned the difference between the Kudu as it will avoid disappointment. You may end up returning for another Kudu..... Hunting Africa is extremely addictive!! My first trip I hunted the East Cape and found out about the size difference, and to be honest, I was somewhat disappointed. But I'm told for an East Cape Kudu he's respectable enough. But it really is more about the experience than the trophy size. My absolute favorite hunt was my Barbary Sheep, and he is no record book trophy! I honestly don't know if I've seen a smaller one posted on here. LMAO! The hunt itself was awesome!! And for what it's worth, from what I've heard of your outfitter you've made a great choice! Have a great trip and tell us all about it when you return!
Here's pics of my Kudu and Barbary (Aoudad)View attachment 355878 View attachment 355879

Thank you for sharing your pictures Cam Moon, they are great!

@JKO Hunting Safaris
Jacques
2 of the most important things to me as an Australian is to have the prices in Australian dollars instead of competing with the fluctuations in world currency. That is one reason why my outfitter chose our owner/PH.
The other is being able to talk person doing your hunt personally. I can tell a lot about a person by what they say and how they speak.
Speaking to our PH proved to be a very good experience as I was able discuss things my non hunting wife could do. He also gave me the numbers of Australian hunters for references.
My outfitter Marcus was brilliant at doing all the paperwork we needed and travelled with us as well as hunted with us.
The persons that sealed the deal was Harald and his wife Liezel our Owner/PH and his wife. With thier willingness to talk to you about their operation, what animals we could get and what we could expect in food and accommodation. Their help in alaying my wife's fears were put at ease by being able to talk to Liezel made for a great trip and the things Liezel organized for my wife were first class and not your usual tourist stuff. Things like going to the squatters camp and school as well as church with the locals were just what she wanted. The REAL Namibia not just the tourist broucher stuff.
So I would say for us it was the price being in Australian dollars and Harald and Liezel willingness to talk to us PERSONALLY.
We arrived as clients and left feeling like family.
That is what I call a 1st class outfit.
They fulfilled all our needs,wants and desires and did it with pleasure by making us feel as if we were a part of their family.
Bob

Thank you @Bob Nelson 35Whelen , I appreciate your input and it shows again that personal attention to detail is very important. Especially when the hunter's wife join him on the trip and she does not hunt. I am happy to hear you had a great trip with a good outfit. Our industry in Africa needs all the good publicity it can get sir.

After a dozen of trips in Africa, Namibia x 3, SA x 2 and Burkina Faso, in this order :
- Hight Fences free
- Size of the area ( I don't want to hunt the same place each day )
- aviability of my game list in the same area ( I don't want 3 hours road drive a day )
- Total game list with my hunting permit ( number and species), opportunities (pest control/table meat ...)
- Old trophees or abnormal
- Walk & stalk
- Driving hours from the airport, time between airport and hunt
- Deal with the owner or PH
- Rental gun if needed
- Value, all included
- accomodations/meals (I prefered life in camps without AC in BF than in certain lodges 5* in SA )

my 2 cts :whistle:

Thank you @Solitaire, for your input. It is valuable information, one can see you have been through the ropes and know what you want. This makes it a lot easier for an outfitter to know if his operation fit your bill or not....

I'm with Newboomer on this one. If I'm going I'm going to hunt and that's about it. Good reputation and solid references help alot and comparable prices to similar outfits get me every time.

@R.M.C. , short and sweet sir! Hunting and having a good time out in the bush is what it is all about! Thank you for your input sir!

Answer based on typical PG (Plains Game not Philip Glass) Safari:

First of all I look for an outfitter that supports and attends SCI. This also lets me meet them face to face, plan the hunt, and get references.
Second-Value: pricing as well as accommodation is all over the board so I want to study this a bit. I’ll compare many outfitters and see where the one I’m considering fits.
Third (but may be the actual deciding factor)- Size of property. Specifically size of contiguous acreage to be hunted. Especially for first timers I don’t want them being driven all over Southern Africa to hunt everyday. It’s fine to go after something special now and again but I want to limit windshield time. IMO on the bigger places you really get the feel of Africa.

I’ve hunted many times with people I never met until I was picked up at the airport and most of them worked out ok. My advice is to meet the people you want to hunt with at the shows. You will get more questions answered and have more confidence in what you are doing.

regards,
Philip

Answer based on typical PG (Plains Game not Philip Glass) Safari:

First of all I look for an outfitter that supports and attends SCI. This also lets me meet them face to face, plan the hunt, and get references.
Second-Value: pricing as well as accommodation is all over the board so I want to study this a bit. I’ll compare many outfitters and see where the one I’m considering fits.
Third (but may be the actual deciding factor)- Size of property. Specifically size of contiguous acreage to be hunted. Especially for first timers I don’t want them being driven all over Southern Africa to hunt everyday. It’s fine to go after something special now and again but I want to limit windshield time. IMO on the bigger places you really get the feel of Africa.

I’ve hunted many times with people I never met until I was picked up at the airport and most of them worked out ok. My advice is to meet the people you want to hunt with at the shows. You will get more questions answered and have more confidence in what you are doing.

regards,
Philip

Philip,

Thank you for your input. I agree with you 100% on meeting face to face, I have seen that this is usually what wraps up the deal. Secondly I am also cannot understand how hunters are okay with driving 4 to 5 hours a day on their safaris. It is very tiring and it definitely does not portray a true African safari where you wake up in the morning, grab a coffee and get on the back of the Land Cruiser and go hunting. As you mentioned, there is safaris where this needs to be done as the species you are hunting are not in the same area and it is usually for more specialized safaris like tiny 10 safaris where you are hunting species that lives in complete opposite areas and topography.

This is exactly why all my hunting areas in South Africa is really large and even though I cannot compete with safaris that is basically given away I still hold on to offering my hunters the most authentic experience possible even though our areas in SA is high fenced.

Thank you sir for your input it is appreciated!

All my best,

Jacques

Hello Jacque, for me everything you mentioned is how I consider my choices for hunts. Day rates quickly come to mind. We have a sponsor here who I considered booking with several times but his day rates are always way higher than our other sponsors. Size of area is a very big concern and the more opportunity to hunt in a low fence concession really gets my attention. That being said my booking any africa trip references come from right here by other seasoned members. In my opinion the best references are right here.

Hello Jacque, for me everything you mentioned is how I consider my choices for hunts. Day rates quickly come to mind. We have a sponsor here who I considered booking with several times but his day rates are always way higher than our other sponsors. Size of area is a very big concern and the more opportunity to hunt in a low fence concession really gets my attention. That being said my booking any africa trip references come from right here by other seasoned members. In my opinion the best references are right here.

Thank you for your input my friend. I completely understand what you are saying about daily rates. Daily rates to me personally always vary depending on the area my hunters would like to hunt and what they are happy with as far as accomodation goes, in countries like Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Zambia it is a different story. I always try to offer such a deal where clients can see that there is confidence in the area and that you as a hunter will get your animals you are after.

It is hard to find proper low fence areas in South Africa unfortunately. There is a few areas in the Eastern Cape and Natal of which I know is "Free Range" (Low Fence) hunting areas. These areas has produced some great trophies over the years but it is definitely a different kind of hunt.

AH has been really good to me over the years and has been my backbone with the first company I built from nothing. I truly believe that being a part of this community is what helps my business the most and it is for that reason I always want to make sure to offer our members ONLY the best hunting safaris and trophies for their money.

Thank you for your input sir.

All my best,

Jacques

For me, I booked my very first trip to South Africa a little over a year ago (which I had to re-book for 2021 due to COVID-19 border closing when I was supposed to be there this past May 2020) but the main thing that stood out to me and was most appreciated was the price, honesty and how quickly I would get responses back from my outfitter as well as my booked PH. I wanted something affordable, I am harvesting over a dozen trophies and I wanted very clear and open line of communication. I have had nothing less than what I would consider a 5 star experience ANYTIME I have reached out with any questions (and being my first safari trip to RSA) there were likely a LOT of silly questions with so much of the unknown as a newbie to hunting Africa. I have never not received correspondence back from my outfitter that took longer than 24hrs which I consider top notch with the time difference living in Texas. All expectations of trophy size were confirmed and what to expect step by step was given to me for our day to day schedule for the hunt in depth as well as travel and packing do’s and don’ts. My Safari is booked with HuntersHill Safaris and this far they are highly recommended by me. Mr. Greg Harvey (owner) has been amazing and I cannot wait to enjoy the experience on his place May 2021

For me, I booked my very first trip to South Africa a little over a year ago (which I had to re-book for 2021 due to COVID-19 border closing when I was supposed to be there this past May 2020) but the main thing that stood out to me and was most appreciated was the price, honesty and how quickly I would get responses back from my outfitter as well as my booked PH. I wanted something affordable, I am harvesting over a dozen trophies and I wanted very clear and open line of communication. I have had nothing less than what I would consider a 5 star experience ANYTIME I have reached out with any questions (and being my first safari trip to RSA) there were likely a LOT of silly questions with so much of the unknown as a newbie to hunting Africa. I have never not received correspondence back from my outfitter that took longer than 24hrs which I consider top notch with the time difference living in Texas. All expectations of trophy size were confirmed and what to expect step by step was given to me for our day to day schedule for the hunt in depth as well as travel and packing do’s and don’ts. My Safari is booked with HuntersHill Safaris and this far they are highly recommended by me. Mr. Greg Harvey (owner) has been amazing and I cannot wait to enjoy the experience on his place May 2021

Thank you for your input sir. It is great to hear you have had a good experience so far and please make sure to do a report on your safari. I have learned over the years that good communication is very important.

You will have a great time!

All my best,

Jacques

Having had 19 SA and Namibian hunts one thing surprises me is that not once has a outfitter asked me what they could have improved on or in what way could it be better. Communication goes both ways.

I'm a relative newbie to hunting Africa but have done so 3 times. You already have a lot of answers to your question and might not need mine but I'll thrown in my 2 cents anyway. The first 2 African hunts were in Namibia with the same outfitter and the last one in SA. I met both PHs at shows and liked them both after extensive talks, both of which they did not try to get out of.

Within the last week I have been researching potential PHs for another hunt, and the first 2 PHs are under consideration, but have issues.

My method starts with what animals do I want to take. My primary focus would be on taking all 4 colors of Springbuck with other animals taking second tier. So the question is, who can provide me with an opportunity to harvest them?

When I access a website (can't go to shows now with this COVID-19 stuff around) I look for a price list with all the animals available. This provides me with a lot of information but price isn't the most important, but the information is.

Pricing:

1. The daily rate as compared to other PHs in the same area. My first PH had very good rates for the first 2 hunts but that rate has now doubled and is far and away more than anyone else in the area.

2. The cost of each animal as compared to other PHs in the area. I expect some differences but one PH was eliminated when most PHs were charging $2000-$2500 for a certain animal, another was charging $4,000. When this was an animal that I was interested in, it was a no-brainer to eliminate him.

3. Are the animals that I want available?

4. What services are included/excluded? Most PHs have the same inclusions/exclusions but I found one today the did not have laundry service and another that appeared to charge for caping an animal.

5. Does the PH charge more for larger horns? This is a big turnoff because it leaves me with the impression that the PH is not working as hard as he can to get me a good animal unless he can get more money out of me.

Size of the Hunting Area:

It's always nice to see a large hunting area but this can be a turnoff if you have to drive a couple of hours each way to get between areas. I would probably avoid this at all costs.

I also watch a lot of hunting videos to help me. One area on the Eastern Cape shows a lot of hunting in steep mountainous regions. At 72 years old I no longer want to do this and a flat to rolling hills area using spot and stalk works better for me, but not necessarily for everyone.

Accommodations:

My wife comes with me and we do not need luxury accommodations, just clean and comfortable with en suite bathroom. Good food that doesn't have to be gourmet is just fine for us.

Quality of the animals:

It's always great to take a big animal but I have always made it clear from the start that I feel I didn't book a hunt to find the #1 SCI animal, but I would like a nice representative sample of that species. Great animals don't have to be #1 animals, and a great hunt will make them great animals.

Exclusivity to the hunt area:

I've never encountered this problem, always having exclusivity. I think that I would still prefer this unless the hunting area was extremely large and we were after different game.

Extra Services:

Since my wife doesn't hunt, having a few days toward the end of the hunt to with do evening games drives on the hunt property, or go the places like Kruger or Etosha is great. Not a deal breaker though, especially if she can go to a local area for souvenirs.

Comments:

When booking a hunt I always account for non-hunting days. When I want 10 hunting days I book for 12 to include one day coming before the hunt and one day after. That way I know exactly what I'm getting.

Good communication is essential. In Namibia, shots seemed were 150-300 yards, or more. When traveling to SA I had sighted in and practice for a repeat performance. However, shots there 100-150 yards. Even though my rifle was sighted in for a zero at 200, which gave me point of aim to 200, the PH asked me to re-zero the rifle for shorter range. It would have been nice to know this up front.

I hope this helps in some small way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois