What about a 500 No.2 NE?

They wont allow me to shoot 3 different calibers on one course....
On lion charge in open terrain you drop down in one knee.....wait and then drop it with one shot....
Convince them to allow shooters to do it the way it should be done in a true senario and I can join....until then nope....I dont need wrong muscle memory....

May come through for a beer though? Where is it Swartkops?
Ivan, you definetly have not been to a shoot in a very long time. Bring 3 different calibers if you wish you are not worried about scoring.
We have one or two competitors who bring two guns one of them is a 450-400 and the other one he normally brings is the 505 Gibbs. Shoots the range twice has twice the fun.
No one is stopping you from dropping on your knee to shoot the lion we do it sometimes.
We have not shot at Zwartkops in 8 years or so if not more.

Magnum Donkerhoek where BASA started the first shoots 20-21 years ago.
You will probarbly not know most of the members now there are only a few about a handfull or two that have been members for 15 years and and more.

Sorry for the highjack.

On lion charge in open terrain you drop down in one knee.....wait and then drop it with one shot....

This is not the ‘recommended’ technique? Knowing nothing about stopping charging lions, it would still seem obvious to me that it is better to get the bullet trajectory in the same plane as such a fast moving target. Otherwise you’ll be prone to over- or undershoot.

If money was no issue......what about a 500 No.2 NE....
Massive strong case 3 1/2 inches long with a 570gr .510 bullet or even a 600gr @ 2200fps....an elephant hunters dream caliber.....
Just curious and wanting to learn. I got my 500 NE 3 inch with 570 grains to 2083 FPS easily so looking at your numbers just wondering what is the value of aNo 2?

If money was no issue......what about a 500 No.2 NE....
Massive strong case 3 1/2 inches long with a 570gr .510 bullet or even a 600gr @ 2200fps....a elephant hunters dream caliber.....

Just curious and wanting to learn. I got my 500 NE 3 inch with 570 grains to 2083 FPS easily so looking at your numbers just wondering what is the value of aNo 2?
The super strong case and capacity. The case rim and walls are thick. Could easily do a 600gr bullet at 2200 fps

As far as I know it is only 1 of 2 cases designed for modern powders in the NE....the other is the 450/400 3"

With a 600 grain bullet?? You may want to reconsider.....

I see your point..but do 30 grains more weight really matter much..?
600@2200/6448 gr@fps/ft-lbs
600@2150/6158
570@2150/5850
570@2200/6125
With bigger bullets 50 fps is significant to muzzle energy. Thirty grains of lead seems to have an effect as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrenGril

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.