What about a 500 No.2 NE?

They wont allow me to shoot 3 different calibers on one course....
On lion charge in open terrain you drop down in one knee.....wait and then drop it with one shot....
Convince them to allow shooters to do it the way it should be done in a true senario and I can join....until then nope....I dont need wrong muscle memory....

May come through for a beer though? Where is it Swartkops?
Ivan, you definetly have not been to a shoot in a very long time. Bring 3 different calibers if you wish you are not worried about scoring.
We have one or two competitors who bring two guns one of them is a 450-400 and the other one he normally brings is the 505 Gibbs. Shoots the range twice has twice the fun.
No one is stopping you from dropping on your knee to shoot the lion we do it sometimes.
We have not shot at Zwartkops in 8 years or so if not more.

Magnum Donkerhoek where BASA started the first shoots 20-21 years ago.
You will probarbly not know most of the members now there are only a few about a handfull or two that have been members for 15 years and and more.

Sorry for the highjack.

On lion charge in open terrain you drop down in one knee.....wait and then drop it with one shot....

This is not the ‘recommended’ technique? Knowing nothing about stopping charging lions, it would still seem obvious to me that it is better to get the bullet trajectory in the same plane as such a fast moving target. Otherwise you’ll be prone to over- or undershoot.

If money was no issue......what about a 500 No.2 NE....
Massive strong case 3 1/2 inches long with a 570gr .510 bullet or even a 600gr @ 2200fps....an elephant hunters dream caliber.....
Just curious and wanting to learn. I got my 500 NE 3 inch with 570 grains to 2083 FPS easily so looking at your numbers just wondering what is the value of aNo 2?

If money was no issue......what about a 500 No.2 NE....
Massive strong case 3 1/2 inches long with a 570gr .510 bullet or even a 600gr @ 2200fps....a elephant hunters dream caliber.....

Just curious and wanting to learn. I got my 500 NE 3 inch with 570 grains to 2083 FPS easily so looking at your numbers just wondering what is the value of aNo 2?
The super strong case and capacity. The case rim and walls are thick. Could easily do a 600gr bullet at 2200 fps

As far as I know it is only 1 of 2 cases designed for modern powders in the NE....the other is the 450/400 3"

With a 600 grain bullet?? You may want to reconsider.....

I see your point..but do 30 grains more weight really matter much..?
600@2200/6448 gr@fps/ft-lbs
600@2150/6158
570@2150/5850
570@2200/6125
With bigger bullets 50 fps is significant to muzzle energy. Thirty grains of lead seems to have an effect as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaoHopkin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani