Wanted To Trade Powder For Primers

Sounds like we need an AH swap meet!
That's a heck of an idea. I presume the meets would be regional. But like most of the folks here, I have an overabundance of some things (powder) and an underabundance of other things (bullets in .416), but I'm not about to attempt to ship powder or primers with the costs involved.

I have 7 1/2+ lbs of IMR 4831 powder in a 8 lb jug.

Will trade for a 10 day safari in the Eastern Cape area or a Yukon moose hunt.

20210603_160631.jpg

That's a heck of an idea. I presume the meets would be regional. But like most of the folks here, I have an overabundance of some things (powder) and an underabundance of other things (bullets in .416), but I'm not about to attempt to ship powder or primers with the costs involved.

Maybe we could do something in Dallas for those driving?

I have been able to get powder, at regular price, through patience and persistent browsing of the suppliers I use. The last batch, and probably the last for awhile, was 3-8# kegs of WW760 direct from Hodgdon. They were slightly higher than the others by $10-15/keg, but had it available. And their shipping is a flat rate and standard hazmat. Worked out to about $33/lb.
Primers are in that same bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow. By putting the word out, I have managed to trade some SR primers that I have a bunch of, for some LRM that I was down to a couple k of.
I am seeing ammo on the shelves again, albeit usually the less common variety. But 3 months ago, there was nothing. Remington is now listing components again on their website (don't know availability). Prices aren't bad considering the current prices of raw commodities like copper and lead.
Trading amongst ourselves in the shooting community, should enable us to weather this drought until the market stabilizes. And like someone else mentioned, when things like primers become available again for reasonable prices, remember to refill the storage magazine.

I think I’ve got some spare .416 bullets.... and I’m just up the road in DFW...

Let me check my stash and I’ll shoot you a PM

@WAB, you have a PM.

Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristineFu

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.