WANTED: Pricing A Wild Managed Lion Hunt For 2022

"wild managed" does seem like an oxymoron....

I tend to agree with you doubters. The OP has never been to Africa and yet is considering a near $100,000 hunt. I guess it is possible but certainly not normal based on my 7 years on the forum.

The OP has never been to Africa and yet is considering a near $100,000 hunt.
The OP is also considering 21 day hunt, which is not usual for common game farm hunting. This indicates to me that he has some idea about wild lion hunting.
Having said that, it would be appreciated that OP clarifies what "managed" hunt means. It is a bit confusing to me as well.

Sohow many approvals have you seen/
Hi Graham Hunter

Of the 4 Lions hunted with us in the last 3 years, two have been approved and the other two are imminent. I also did a bit of a phone around and the local Zimbabwean taxidermists are reporting that in the last few months they have received a good number of Lion approvals (even one from California!). Expressed as a percentage they say that 75% of their outstanding trophies have now received their import approvals.

Hope this answers your question? Please let me know if you need any other information.

Best regards
Abe

Hi Graham Hunter

Of the 4 Lions hunted with us in the last 3 years, two have been approved and the other two are imminent. I also did a bit of a phone around and the local Zimbabwean taxidermists are reporting that in the last few months they have received a good number of Lion approvals (even one from California!). Expressed as a percentage they say that 75% of their outstanding trophies have now received their import approvals.

Hope this answers your question? Please let me know if you need any other information.

Best regards
Abe
really? I will have to check on this , my importer says only 1 wild lion has been approved since 2017 and that was from Namibia. Thanks i need to see wtf

Last edited by a moderator:
Title says it all. Im looking for a male lion hunt that would be exportable to the US. Planned out far enough in advanced (18 months, what the USFW recommends) so that I can obtained an trophy import permit beforehand. I’m not set on any specific country but I am trying to be economical, so whats an appropriate price range to expect? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Well looks like I stand corrected. My apologies I thought that terminology was some bs but it looks like I was wrong a hunt fitting what you are asking just went up. Have a good day.

I stand corrected too, although the phrase is an oxymoron, I guess it is as good as any to clue in hunters as to what is being offered. The interesting thing to me is 3 or 4 years back I asked why no one was capturing wild lions and releasing them into a high fenced game ranch in order to establish a sustainable population where the old lions could be offered for sale and was told by several on here that it wouldn't be financially feasible because of how much lions eat.

@thriller and @postoak ...I am like you also and never heard that term until a couple of days ago!

Hmmmm....... has anyone else noticed a trend lately about new members joining and asking about lion hunts, get a few messages from outfitters then no more. I am not passing judgement on any particular person, here included, but things look a bit off to me. If i am wrong, i will apologize profusely. Proceed with caution.
So I am the other guy that posted about a lion hunt. Honest, just trying to get some base info for a dream hunt lol. Just, wanted to put that out there.

So I am the other guy that posted about a lion hunt. Honest, just trying to get some base info for a dream hunt lol. Just, wanted to put that out there.
If you hang around long enough you will find that the anti hunting crowd comes poking around here asking questions every now and then. So some people are guarded about new guys at first don’t take offense please just let us get to know you a little bit.

Interesting as this is sure different info than I have received . Imminent could still be a long time. And the US has an election coming. Think I'll wait.
Hi Graham Hunter

Best regards
Abe

Which airline is carrying them? Delta isn't and there are probably others. SAA is out of business. The import permit isn't any good if you can't find a shipper.
Edit: If one thinks they're going to go the oversize baggage route with the pack & dip, better think again.

Which airline is carrying them? Delta isn't and there are probably others. SAA is out of business. The import permit isn't any good if you can't find a shipper.
Edit: If one thinks they're going to go the oversize baggage route with the pack & dip, better think again.

I assume that the air cargo carriers would handle them but I don’t know that for sure.

You might tell us about yourself, even flesh out your bio.
I too was born in Utah. Love the state, especially the southern part. But then my dad was working in mining during the 50's uranium boom there. I spent the first year of my life living in a trailer in the desert near Moab, so I guess red sand is in blood.

I would still like to know what the OP meant by "managed".
It is a term that USFWS came up with for imports from RSA after not allowing farmed lions to be imported. There are lions born and raised on very large acreage that are essentialy wild and therefore in another category that the others. There may be other meanings but this is the only official use of the term I know of.

Philip

SAA is still flying first of all and there are many ways to get freight from Africa besides the passenger airlines.

The OP has not been active on this forum, or on this topic, since he posted the question.
I have some doubts, now.

There are carriers. It is probably good not to mention them on a public forum like this, so the anti's don't get a name and try to pressure them.

If you want a couple names, feel free to pm. I certainly don't know all of them but I know some.

SAA is still flying first of all and there are many ways to get freight from Africa besides the passenger airlines.

Phillip, As of September 29, SAA is shut down, all planes are grounded after existing cargo and repatriation flights are completed.

There are carriers. It is probably good not to mention them on a public forum like this, so the anti's don't get a name and try to pressure them.

If you want a couple names, feel free to pm. I certainly don't know all of them but I know some.

No need, IHS, aka the #1 anti-hunting organization, know UPS and FedEx are still carrying cargo from Africa.

Phillip, As of September 29, SAA is shut down, all planes are grounded after existing cargo and repatriation flights are completed.

Thanks. Last I checked you could still buy a ticket for next year. Maybe wishful thinking on their part. Like everything in the government I am sure they will get bailed out again.
It is a shame though. I’ve flown SAA quite a bit and stepping on that plane made you feel one step closer to Africa. I don’t get that “Africa” vibe on any other airline!
Philip

No need, IHS, aka the #1 anti-hunting organization, know UPS and FedEx are still carrying cargo from Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmieFletch

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg