WANTED: Pricing A Wild Managed Lion Hunt For 2022

Mnelson2

Reaction score
Member of
NRA
Hunted
USA
Title says it all. Im looking for a male lion hunt that would be exportable to the US. Planned out far enough in advanced (18 months, what the USFW recommends) so that I can obtained an trophy import permit beforehand. I’m not set on any specific country but I am trying to be economical, so whats an appropriate price range to expect? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

daawg1963

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
sci and boone and crockett
Hunted
mexico africa ak id nm co or ca mt wa
Title says it all. Im looking for a male lion hunt that would be exportable to the US. Planned out far enough in advanced (18 months, what the USFW recommends) so that I can obtained an trophy import permit beforehand. I’m not set on any specific country but I am trying to be economical, so whats an appropriate price range to expect? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
Good luck sir guys been waiting for there wild lions for years and years me included.

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Hmmmm....... has anyone else noticed a trend lately about new members joining and asking about lion hunts, get a few messages from outfitters then no more. I am not passing judgement on any particular person, here included, but things look a bit off to me. If i am wrong, i will apologize profusely. Proceed with caution.

Mnelson2

Reaction score
Member of
NRA
Hunted
USA
That maybe true but I haven’t spoken with anyone on this site, its a genuine question though. What’s a decent price for a non CBL hunt with 18 months of planning ahead.

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Fair enough. If you can scroll down a bit further in this same section of "deals and offers" you will find 2 offers in the last week posted. Both of them complete will run $45k to $50k. I hope that is helpful.

(EDIT)`there are actually three different offers in the last ten days, all about the same pricing

Last edited:

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
This smells funny to me if you want a lion hunt you usually know what ballpark you are in financially....and you also know that importable lions are tough to come by these days. I could be wrong but hey maybe you could try to get to know some folks and tell us about what you hunt at home.

Brent in Az

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
USA - Az, NM, CO, MT, MN.
The way I understand the guidelines, you will have to pick a country, Safari operator, and concession, that will satisfy the requirements of the "Case by Case" criteria of the USFWS for a Lion permit.

Not all concessions, regardless of country, will qualify for a hard to get permit. Lion population, and area management studies, play a big part in the decision.

Best of luck in your quest!

Frederik

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
I think Zambia would be your best bet to cover everything for the permits.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Cost is hard to determine because of bait cost. Lions eat a lot and in a 21 day hunt it can take tens of thousands of dollars of bait. This is not a leopard hunt. You must have huge baits that they can't finish in one night or they are gone. They rot and have to be replaced over and over.
"Wild Managed" is a criteria for a few wild lions that can be hunted in RSA and exported to the USA. The best bet in my opinion is Zim.
There was a recent offer on here that was unbeatable and sold quickly. Wild lion hunts will be from $60-100K all in, FYI.

MARTIN PIETERS SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.martinpieterssafaris.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
ZPHGA,SOAZ,SCI, ZTA
Hunted
Most countries
Morning I can offer you a wild free range lion in Matetsi for 2022,
In a good area with abundant wild lion, prices will average around $ 75k prior to baits for a 21 day ( this includes trophy fee )
).
Booking prime dates in the right area are key to success
email me martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com

Scott CWO

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
I could be wrong but you will be waiting a long time, maybe forever, to get an import permit. I wouldn’t plop down a big deposit with anyone. I applied after booking with a small deposit in one of the best managed areas in Zimbabwe with all the appropriate studies and biological information just after the new “case by case” ruling and I am still waiting. Right now, there is no way you can predict that you will be able to hunt in 2022 even if Trump is still the president. I was finally contacted by the USFWS last month with a couple follow up questions and now they have went silent again.

Tromberg Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH member
Reaction score
Website
www.mabalengwe.net
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SOAZ
There is a lot being said about the length of time taken to process the USFWS permits and some suggestions that the delays might be on the outfitters side? For whatever reason the USFWS decided to target Zimbabwe, we accept what must be done and the requirements are seriously onerous.

That being said, ZimParks (and a few other conservation organisations) have been working with USFWS to get the process streamlined. For example ZimParks ecologists have produced a Non-Detrimental Finding on Lion and Leopard which provides all the relevant scientific information required by USFWS to approve the import permits. The 2016 report has been updated this year. They have also asked the Outfitters to supply an "Operator Enhancement Questionnaire" which is a detailed document providing Operator-specific information which goes with each and every application.

With this in place now, we have seen that the approvals have taken a lot less time now and hopefully they will drop the application requirement once they realise that, in general, Zimbabwe are doing a pretty good
job on the conservation front.

Attachments

• Zimbabwe Lion NDF.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 26

Tromberg Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH member
Reaction score
Website
www.mabalengwe.net
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SOAZ
@Mnelson2
Matetsi Safari Area is famous for it's Wild Lion and if you are looking for a genuine wilderness hunt then you won't go far wrong booking with one of the Matetsi Units. Undoubtedly, some of the best Wild Lion hunting in Africa over the years!
At Unit One we can offer you a 21 day, 2022 Lion for around $80,000 (excluding baits).

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
I would highly recommend the Matetsi units success would be very high and good quality. Martin Peters runs a excellent company and has a real quality area. One question what do you mean by a "Wild Managed Lion Hunt"? It is the word "managed" that leaves me curious.

postoak

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life member NRA
Hunted
U.S.A., R.S.A, Namibia
I would still like to know what the OP meant by "managed".

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
If I was right we will never hear from him again... hope I'm wrong...
I think this is just a way to get names of outfitters offering lion hunts so attacks can come later.
proceed with caution.

Safari1

AH member
Reaction score
I believe “Wild Managed“ applies to large SA properties that, although fenced, contain breeding, self sustaining, lion populations. 2 I am aware of are over 200k acres.

Graham Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Alaska Canada US New Zealand Scotland South Africa Zimbabwe
There is a lot being said about the length of time taken to process the USFWS permits and some suggestions that the delays might be on the outfitters side? For whatever reason the USFWS decided to target Zimbabwe, we accept what must be done and the requirements are seriously onerous.

That being said, ZimParks (and a few other conservation organisations) have been working with USFWS to get the process streamlined. For example ZimParks ecologists have produced a Non-Detrimental Finding on Lion and Leopard which provides all the relevant scientific information required by USFWS to approve the import permits. The 2016 report has been updated this year. They have also asked the Outfitters to supply an "Operator Enhancement Questionnaire" which is a detailed document providing Operator-specific information which goes with each and every application.

With this in place now, we have seen that the approvals have taken a lot less time now and hopefully they will drop the application requirement once they realise that, in general, Zimbabwe are doing a pretty good
job on the conservation front.
Sohow many approvals have you seen/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlenaRatcl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.